The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Registrar Support of AdSense

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Registrar Support of AdSense Empty Registrar Support of AdSense

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:45 pm

edmetz04-12-2010 01:14 PM

Registrar Support of AdSense

Apparently Moniker has no immediate plans to support AdSense for .tel domains. Upon inquiry they replied, "We have not yet enabled that feature in our interface. There is currently no dates set for when it will become available."

1) Does Telnic have any plans to pressure registrars to fully support .tel features?

2) I see that domainmonster is supporting AdSense for .tel and some folks have recommended their service. Can anyone recommend other registrars for implementing AdSense at this time. I plan on moving away from Moniker as soon as possible unless they can assure me of AdSense support in the near future.

Thanks in advance for any insights ...

Ed

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-12-2010 02:51 PM

The AdSense restriction for registrars is only enforced for the new Adsense record format. Using the standard TXT record format, there is no restriction and is a workaround until your registrar supports it. If you want a tool that uses txt record, PM me.
    Mark

ArrisDottel04-12-2010 05:23 PM

Yes I have had the same issue with LCN in the uk - Very happy I transferred the majority of my .tels to Dynadot. Not only are they cheap for renewals of.tels and .coms they also provide excellent and full service. It's a scandal that not all registars are going to provide Adsense for tel domains. All registrars are not the same. Do your homework before deciding where to register your-tel domains.

Welcome to the forums btw Ed!!

blacknight04-12-2010 05:23 PM

Maybe Moniker don't understand what the change means? Or how to turn it on?

Undermoose04-12-2010 11:45 PM

Considering renewals arrived at the same time as the service, how were we supposed to be aware there was an issue?, or would be an issue?

Unacceptable if advertized changes do not get delivered to all consumers.

atul04-14-2010 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undermoose (Post 7991)
    Unacceptable if advertized changes do not get delivered to all consumers.

[size]
    I agree. unacceptable.[/size]

edmetz04-14-2010 07:32 AM

UPDATE: I followed up with Moniker and received this response from an Oversee Senior Client Services Representative, "Activating this feature is a development project. As stated before, this is future feature release, to (sic) specific date is set for when we will address it." I'm guessing that the "to" is meant to be a "no".

In other words, don't hold your breath. I'll be exploring the text ad option and other registrars in the meanwhile.

Ed

Laura Mills04-14-2010 08:27 PM

I'm shocked by this. It's a check box in telhosting. It took about 10 seconds to implement.

RonMunson04-15-2010 05:11 PM

The registrar I use Webnames supports it.

They recently put out an interesting blog post that outlines all of the steps.
    http://blog.webnames.ca/2010/04/mone...omain-nam.html 

I'm going to test it out with some of my dot tel domain names and I'm interested to see what the results will be. :eek:

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 10:34 pm