The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Beyond 3000

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Beyond 3000 Empty Beyond 3000

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:27 pm

TELcp06-08-2010 09:35 AM

Beyond 3000

Hello to All,

Don't get excited, this is not beyond 3000AD.
    But beyond 3000 folders.

Well, does anyone know any registrar who can provide more than 2999 subdomains through their CTH? We have a client who wants us to develop an application to manage upto 5000 subdomains for their branches/employees worldwide.

Thanks.

Aled06-08-2010 10:03 AM

Hello Telcp,

No registrar currently overs more than 3,000 folders. Have you considered splitting it into two or three .tel domains, perhaps by region?

Blogger06-08-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 9297)
    Hell to All,

Don't get excited, this is not beyond 3000AD.
    But beyond 3000 folders.

Well, does anyone know any registrar who can provide more than 2999 subdomains through their CTH? We have a client who wants us to develop an application to manage upto 5000 subdomains for their branches/employees worldwide.

Thanks.

[size]
    Why don't you approach your registrar as ask them?:confused:[/size]

Blogger06-08-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 9298)
    Hello Telcp,

No registrar currently overs more than 3,000 folders. Have you considered splitting it into two or three .tel domains, perhaps by region?

[size]
    The optimal structure depending on the number of branches would be abc.tel>continent>country>branches>

then each branch has its own .tel like abcaustralia.tel 

What this means is that as your customers learn about you they can remember or bookmark the branch they deal with saving them time.

Having 5000 folders on one .tel will just make people angry. they will remember abc.tel and then just have to scroll through. The trick here is to make each branch name partially generic, all of the terms being compound country and company, no exceptions. Then the users will know what to do and it will save them time. However, this approach is far more expensive because you have to buy 200 odd .tels. Perhaps 150 if you count out the banana republics.

I imagine if you must have 5000 folders and if .tel ever become GPS enabled then when you type abc.tel it could go to the branch of the country you are in automatically and this would preserve the 5000 folder structure while at the same time providing a quick link to the branch concerned.[/size]

TELcp06-08-2010 03:23 PM

Thanks @Aled @Blogger for quick feedback.

I have suggested them to split it into five regions (Africa,Asia-Pacific,Europe,N.America & S.America) and then have the Country>>State/Province>>City>>Branch>>EmployeeName. They themselves knew that it could be my answer. Yet, they wanted me to develop a single application (one website) to manage all the employees and wanted an internal messaging system/textadverts (their own) integrated into the .TEL so that management can be done from one source. Therefore, it is going to be very difficult to manage multiple .TEL sites from one traditional website. And the next issue that I can predict is the Telnic's load balancing (which will have to be addressed separately) policy. May be this is going to be a challange for me! Looks like the .TEL is much more than what I was thinking back in late 2008.

IMHO, I feel this type of project can lift the image of the .TEL and who knows how many of these employees will want to have their own .TELs in addition to their company directory. It will definitely be free advertising for the .TEL. When you look at this situation, I think Telnic should consider increasing the number of folders on multiple "3000 page package basis" and increase the price of the .TEL accordingly. I know that there can not be many .TEL owners who want to have more than 3000 folders in one .TEL. But such options, if possible, should be made available.

Cheers!

lewisrx06-08-2010 03:38 PM

for geo dot tel ,3000 is too Pitiful !

Bunjie06-08-2010 05:40 PM

I want more and I'm willing to pay, but I'm no cash cow so I hope Telnic is fair about it like they have been with just owning just one .tel, if they decide to allow it to expand.

Generally I think we would have to prove to Telnic that it's a valid option and such .tel domains are gaining so much traffic it would be positively negligent to not offer more space, I think Telnic is worried about spam and the ability of owners to manage so many sub domains content beyond the 3000 mark with the as yet under developed control panel. 

Premium packages with extra services, addictions or what ever could make Telnic a hefty chunk of change, and would surely pay for more than their coffee & sandwich allowance.

stel06-17-2010 12:07 AM

Aled mentioned “No registrar currently overs more than 3,000 folders. Have you considered splitting it into two or three .tel domains, perhaps by region?” and then Blogger suggested “then each branch has its own .tel like abcaustralia.tel”. 
    Those suggestions are great especially if the “search this .tel” function in “abc.tel” would actually do a search that would pick up a searched word not only in “abc.tel”, but also in “abcaustralia.tel” (assuming abcaustralia.tel was linked to abc.tel as a subdomain: Australia.abc.tel). What I am trying to say (again) is that the “search this .tel” should automatically do a search on that .tel and any other .tel mentioned or linked to that .tel. This is one of the main missing key features that would show that .tel is more than a regular domain and that was designed as a smart platform to facilitate a “global Internet Phone Book”. It will also encourage .tels linking to other useful .tels and also people buying more .tels, increasing both utility and popularity for .tel….

dialaroom06-17-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stel (Post 9460)
    Aled mentioned “No registrar currently overs more than 3,000 folders. Have you considered splitting it into two or three .tel domains, perhaps by region?” and then Blogger suggested “then each branch has its own .tel like abcaustralia.tel”. 
    Those suggestions are great especially if the “search this .tel” function in “abc.tel” would actually do a search that would pick up a searched word not only in “abc.tel”, but also in “abcaustralia.tel” (assuming abcaustralia.tel was linked to abc.tel as a subdomain: Australia.abc.tel). What I am trying to say (again) is that the “search this .tel” should automatically do a search on that .tel and any other .tel mentioned or linked to that .tel. This is one of the main missing key features that would show that .tel is more than a regular domain and that was designed as a smart platform to facilitate a “global Internet Phone Book”. It will also encourage .tels linking to other useful .tels and also people buying more .tels, increasing both utility and popularity for .tel….

[size]
    @stel - You're quite right, and we have asked for this to be put on the roadmap, due to the 3000 limit, there are a lot of .tellers who need this feature.

Just as google allow you to add custom search box within your web site, adding the URLs to a list of sites to be searched. Search on .tel settings, will hopefully allow you to add more .tels than just the one it is on.[/size]

TELnew06-17-2010 09:00 AM

I agree with stel & dialaroom. Such search feature will encourage people to invest in more .TELs related to their main .TEL and will be a great opportunity to start directories with unlimited page search. Having said that, I suggest that such a search box should be positioned at a more prominent place (i.e. allow option to have the search box either at the centre of the page or top/right of the page). 

Don't forget there is a huge market for directories yet to be exploited by the .TEL .

Cheers !

Blunderer06-17-2010 12:43 PM

The option to set the search box at the top (current position), the middle (immediately above the map link) or the bottom (as currently shown on the mobile site) would be good.

TELcp06-22-2011 09:21 AM

any solution please?

to Telnic,

Can you please provide a search box parameter where .tel owner can search selected multiple .tel domains from any .tel domain.

With the current limit of 3000 (which is the biggest barrier for directory developers and one of the reasons why .tel is not getting popular), there are tel owners who have extended their .tel based directories by adding another .tel domain or two (an unusual way of building directories on the internet compared to other TLDs - this is because there is no other option to overcome LIMITATION on number of subdomains per domain).

At present, if teldomain.tel needs to be developed beyond 3000 pages the tel Owner must purchase new teldomains (i.e. teldomain1.tel, teldomain2.tel - Telnic expects you to buy more domains this way). Unfortunately, after buying all additional domains its not going to help much for the end user as there is no way for the .tel Owner to provide a common search facility for all three domains.

Thanks.

dottel.net06-22-2011 10:30 AM

can't find the thread but recollect seeing something from tenic on this saying there would be an option to allow searching a group of tel's

Simon G06-22-2011 01:02 PM

Most recent comment was they were looking into it.

tindaya06-22-2011 03:47 PM

this limit of 3000 is a very big big problem, we must find a solution where all win. 
    Now if you know the limit, and don´t know the solution, you don´t begin a serious proyecr,

telrific06-22-2011 04:42 PM

Still waiting for "Search this .tel" to actually search a record !

Searches Domain, Title, Header, Folder, Keywords, etc ... but no Records !

Just need to search the Record Label if nothing else !

tel4rent06-22-2011 09:35 PM

I support that Telrific. 

We also asked for some correction under Search for mobile but still no reply.

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 4:32 am