The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

TelDial - Instant Dialing & Email - can you help test this?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

TelDial - Instant Dialing & Email - can you help test this? Empty TelDial - Instant Dialing & Email - can you help test this?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:32 pm

mikeseaton07-16-2011 01:23 AM

TelDial - Instant Dialing & Email - can you help test this?

I have developed TelDial which offers instant dialing and emailing of anyone with a .tel domain who has contact details set up.

Although TelDial currently only handles phone numbers and email addresses in the specified single domain (eghttp://domains123.teldial.com) or subdomain (eg http://corporate.kprobe.teldial.com) it is planned to offer in the future:

- Other contact mediums such as Skype.

- The ability to specify your contact details are held in a subdoman of the same domain (so teldialing a domain would pick up the details from a subdomain).

- The ability to specify your contact details are held in another domain or subdomain entirely - useful when you are selling domains and want to list contact details in a central domain.

But first I must test TelDial thoroughly and am looking for testers to try it out on their mobile phones.

What I need is to be certain I can detect a mobile phone browser and so would ask you to post here which of the following tests have worked OK:

a) Key in http://telnic.teldial.com on your mobile phone - does the Mobile Phone Browser Detected message say YES or NO ?

b) Does clicking the "Phone" button take you to your call screen for +442074676450 ?

c) Does clicking the "Email" button take you to your create email message screen for customerservice@telnic.org ?

For a thorough test I am looking at the following mobile phone environments:

1. Android via WiFi Router
    2. Android via Mobile Internet
    3. Blackberry via WiFi Router
    4. Blackberry via Mobile Internet
    5. iPhone via WiFi Router
    6. iPhone via Mobile Internet
    7. Windows Mobile via WiFi Router
    8. Windows Mobile via Mobile Internet

So I have 3 tests (a,b,c) in 8 environments (1-8) giving 24 tests in all.

Please could you post here the results of your test, example format below:

Android via WiFi Router - HTC Wildfire
    Test 1a = Yes
    Test 1b = Yes
    Test 1c = Yes

If not all "Yes" please give as much detail as possible to help me investigate.

Thanks in anticipation of lots of posts with test results, Mike Seaton

dialaroom07-16-2011 08:32 AM

Hi Mike
    Will test on my Android tablet with 3G and Wifi running Honeycomb later. However, just for info telnic.teldial.com just spins an empty page in opera on desktop PC, windows vista. Good luck with the development.

edjeplanet07-16-2011 09:37 AM

I tested on iPhone via Mobile Internet, Mike:

1a = No
    1b = Yes
    1c = Yes

Kind regards,
    Edwin

Simon G07-16-2011 12:16 PM

Mike, tested telnic.teldial.com on iphone 3gs with bt mobile router. Does not resolve at all. 
    Also tested the same address on firefox, ie and chrome and its not resolving.
    Is the server down?

Cees07-16-2011 01:25 PM

Mike,
    On iPhone 4
    Times out on the first test on Mobile Internet, tried twice.

boracay.tel07-16-2011 03:42 PM

iphone4 (iOS5 beta) via WiFi Router 
    Test 1a = NO
    Test 1b = Yes
    Test 1c = Yes

tindaya07-16-2011 03:50 PM

from galaxy and nokia 71 call to me http:josealfonso.teldial.com has gone perfect. This is magic. Only you need to teldial.com by the icon of tel

Simon G07-16-2011 05:28 PM

Mike, now resolv ing on device and pc,
    tested telnic.teldial.com on iphone 3gs with bt mobile router
    a, No
    b, Yes
    c, Yes

mikeseaton07-16-2011 07:43 PM

Thanks for all the test responses.

I have been having a lot of server problems today, with it down for several hours in total, so that would account for at least some of the problems that have been experienced.

One thing intrigues me about the iPhone results - there are posts of NO to Mobile Browser Detected (Test "a") yet the "Phone" button (Test "b") is reported as working. This seems odd, since if Test "a" is NO I use the laptop/desktop/tablet browser phone command rather than the mobile browser phone command, yet this seems to work OK on the iPhone!

I am planning some restructuring of web sites on my server in the next week to isolate TelDial.com from the majority of server issues that can happen.

Once I feel confident that the basics are working the enhancements are planned - in particular the ability to use a different URL to hold the contact data will be useful to those of us with multiple .tels to sell who don't want to repeat the contact info on each domain.

Please keep the test results coming now the server is up and running again - thanks.

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton07-20-2011 10:58 PM

iPhone Test following TelDial mods

It's not easy detecting 100% whether the screen you are displaying is physically on a mobile phone rather than a laptop/desktop/tablet computer - you would think there would be a simple setting in the server variables for that page that gave you yes/no but there isn't.

I have done some mods to TelDial and need to check whether I can now detect iPhones accurately - if you have an iPhone could you please (specifying whether iPhone 3 or 4 and whether on WiFi Router or Mobile Internet):

a) Key in http://telnic.teldial.com on your mobile phone - does the Mobile Phone Browser Detected message say YES or NO ?

b) Does clicking the "Phone" button take you to your call screen for +442074676450 ?

c) Does clicking the "Email" button take you to your create email message screen for customerservice@telnic.org ?

If the answer to Test a) is YES the buttons for "Phone" and "Email" should be large (100 pixels wide) and the text should be a comfortable size i.e. you are viewing a mobile style screen rather than a laptop/desktop/tablet style screen.

Thanks, Mike Seaton

aliencafe07-20-2011 11:20 PM

Mike great idea.
    iPhone4 ATT 3g
    1. Y
    2. Y
    3. Y

Can you expand on your thoughts, so I can understand the process of how this will be used..

I understand that it is a mobile dialer using the browser completely... What I'm trying to understand is the end game and where you are headed here-

Thanks!

aliencafe07-20-2011 11:22 PM

By the way this works on Waikiki.teldial.com as well.

mikeseaton07-20-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliencafe (Post 16341)
    Mike great idea.
    iPhone4 ATT 3g
    1. Y
    2. Y
    3. Y

Can you expand on your thoughts, so I can understand the process of how this will be used..

I understand that it is a mobile dialer using the browser completely... What I'm trying to understand is the end game and where you are headed here-

Thanks!

[size]
    Thanks for the test confirmation Aliencafe - it's the result I was hoping for.

Re the end game, I have two concerns about Phase 2 of Dot Tel:

1. It may not happen soon i.e. Henri has said it is dependent on "critical mass" being achieved so Telnic can get the Telcos to do the DNS lookups that Phase 2 needs - but the way things are going with registration totals it's not unreasonable to question whether critical mass (whatever the figure is) will be reached in the forseeable future.

2. Assuming critical mass is reached, what happens if only some of the world's Telcos modify their systems to do the DNS lookups - how will that play out when people dial a .tel and no DNS lookup is being done by the Telco the mobile phone user is registered with - it could get very messy with two people dailing the same .tel and it working for one but not the other simply because of who their Telco is.

So what I am doing with TelDial is a kind of Phase 1.5 so that we have a form of "Dial By Name" whatever happens regarding Phase 2. Additionally I intend to allow one .tel to pull contact details up from another .tel - invaluable if you have multiple .tels (perhaps for sale) but only want to enter your phone/email once.

As mentioned before, my attitude (re Phase 2) is Hope For The Best, Plan For The Worst.

Hope this clarifies what I am trying to do with TelDial 

Mike Seaton[/size]

Simon G07-21-2011 07:32 AM

iPhone 3GS, o2
    1. Y
    2. Y
    3. Y

iPhone 3GS, wifi bt 
    1. Y
    2. Y
    3. Y

Good stuff Mike

Cees07-21-2011 07:42 AM

Mike,

iPhone 4, on Mobile internet
    Its a yes to all tests, all very readable.

Nice work
    Cheers

tel4rent07-21-2011 10:53 AM

Hi All,

Tested it on BB curve with mobile internet.

4a. Yes
    4b. Yes
    4c. Yes

Keeping faith

mikeseaton07-21-2011 10:35 PM

Thanks for all the responses - the triple "Yes" is very encouraging.

If anyone finds they enter http://yourdomain.teldial.com from a mobile phone and the Mobile Phone Browser Detected message says NO, please post the Make/Model of your phone and I will look into it - but it does seem that the major phone makes/models are now being detected as YES.

I have a some enhancements planned for TelDial in the coming weeks:

- The ability to specify a subdomain or alternative domain as to where the contact details should be picked up from.

- The ability to set your domain as being for sale which will generate a user-defined link to a "domain for sale" page.

- The addition of a Skype button.

But the most important thing now is to get TelDial being used regularly - so why not add a TelDial Me link to your .tel and/or forum signature
    - here's mine TelDial Mike Seaton

Once again thanks for the very useful testing and feedback.

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton07-26-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 16358)
    I have a some enhancements planned for TelDial in the coming weeks:

- The ability to specify a subdomain or alternative domain as to where the contact details should be picked up from.

- The ability to set your domain as being for sale which will generate a user-defined link to a "domain for sale" page.

[size]
    These two enhancements have now been implemented. The formal instructions on how to do this will be added to http://TelDial.tel soon, but for those who want to try it out here is the info - simply replace "bullionsales.tel" with "yourdomain.tel"

- Create a folder "data" from the top level of http://bullionsales.tel - it can be hidden i.e. untick "Create a link to this folder" in "Add new folder" box.

- In http://data.bullionsales.tel create any/all of the following "Note" entries (label must be in lower case, value can be in lower, upper or mixed case):

teldial.contact - an alternate .tel domain or subdomain where the contact details are to be picked up from

teldial.sale.price - price (numeric, no commas or dots) followed by a single space, followed by GBP, USD or EUR. Entering 0 GBP, 0 USD or 0 EUR will generate a "Make Offer" message.

teldial.sale.url - the URL link for the "Domain Name For Sale" line.

Click http://bullionsales.teldial.com to see an example of a generated page.

Any feedback very welcome - if using on a mobile phone you should see "Powered by TelDial Mobile" appear - if "Powered by TelDial Desktop" appears your mobile phone is not being detected - if so please post here the make/model.

Lastly, don't forget to generate your Free 1-Way SEO Links

Mike Seaton[/size]

mikeseaton07-27-2011 02:07 AM

Just been checking Google Analytics and it's good to see more and more people using TelDial - here's one example from todayhttp://schuh.teldial.com

I noticed some personal .tel lookups were being rejected because there was no phone number on the home page - having given this some thought I have decided to remove the requirement for a phone number to be present as some personal .tels may well be set up without phone numbers being available to the public - so phone number and/or email address are what's now required.

Remember when TelDial looks for a phone number it picks the first one on the page with a valid international format e.g. starting +44 if a UK number.

Mike Seaton

tel4rent07-27-2011 09:24 AM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for this great tool.

I guess it won't work for emergency numbers with only few digits such 911 or 199 etc...I tried to use with sos1.tel and i got the following error message:

"sos1.tel does not contain a phone number beginning +cc (where cc = valid numeric country code) or a valid email address"

Any suggestion?
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

TelDial - Instant Dialing & Email - can you help test this? Empty Re: TelDial - Instant Dialing & Email - can you help test this?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:32 pm

mikeseaton07-28-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 16436)
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for this great tool.

I guess it won't work for emergency numbers with only few digits such 911 or 199 etc...I tried to use with sos1.tel and i got the following error message:

"sos1.tel does not contain a phone number beginning +cc (where cc = valid numeric country code) or a valid email address"

Any suggestion?

[size]
    Hi Tel4Rent, the reason you got this error message is as stated i.e. there is no phone number or email address on http://sos1.tel

I insist on the phone number being prefixed by +countrycode as that this is the international format that is accepted by all call-making devices, Telnic do the same with their staff phone numbers e.g. http://justin.tel.

In the UK all you need to do is remove the leading zero and replace with +44 to get a phone number than can be clicked from any device.

Mike Seaton[/size]

mikeseaton07-28-2011 05:32 PM

I have updated TelDial so that it operates at subdomain level as well - here's an example from Mark's sitehttp://corporate.kprobe.teldial.com

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton07-28-2011 11:29 PM

Two further useability improvements to TelDial:

1. The "Powered by TelDial" and "Domain Name For Sale" links now open new windows so the original TelDial page is still available to view.

2. The Title displayed in the browser header area now includes the type(s) of contact information available i.e. Phone and/or Email.

See http://bullionsales.teldial.com to view the the changes.

Mike Seaton

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 7:02 pm