The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

SuperBook not so Super for me.

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

SuperBook not so Super for me. Empty SuperBook not so Super for me.

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:46 pm

Cees09-16-2011 08:34 AM

SuperBook not so Super for me.

Installed latest version of SuperBook. 
    Looks really appealing for about 1 sec, that's all I get.
    Click on app, it goes through the motion of a startup but closes just as quick, tried a restart, no change.
    Am using iphone 4, system 4.2.1
    I'm sure it's just a minor glitch.

Justin Hayward09-16-2011 09:25 AM

Hi Cees,

Do you have many apps running in the background? Double-click the button to see what's running and if you've got a lot it might be wise to close some down. Alternatively, try a clean install. Let us know if that doesn't work and we'll send instructions to send us a log file to check.

boracay.tel09-16-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 17512)

[size]
    I'm using it on iOS5. looks and works great Henri.

* but how about targeting a single .tel? telpages search on a single .tel and I think this app would be hard to pass up for all the directory owners out there. its blindingly fast.

* missing image ads 

well... (i need to be able to see the image ads because google maps is just not good enough for some places in the world! you guys not hearing that?) . I have actually created an image ad for every single resort in boracay.tel, that image ad (interface element) then links thru to a uber-cool html5 "open street maps" alternative webpage

* missing google adsense 
    (i don't really want my directory work ripped off, and would like the adsense to show up no matter how my data is re-used)

* language settings? 
    * other settings?

* maybe INTEGRATE directly your wonderful MAP TOOL, so that we can see multiple listings at once. with the pop-up balloon per pin i.e. natively within the app, not via an external google rendered webpage

just some quick thoughts.
    would be awesome if this could be easily made to be customisable/brandable.
    Its much much better than the UIwebView approach I have been taking with boracay app.

***edit the heading of this thread***
    superbook is very good and working

* its creating a separate .tel field automatically in the iPhone contacts app, also fills out all the relevant fields. nice.
    mike, maybe only a step away from making the phone ring a dial-by-name entry?[/size]

henri09-16-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Click on app, it goes through the motion of a startup but closes just as quick, tried a restart, no change.

[size]
    Can you synch your iPhone with iTunes? it should automatically send me the crash log, so I can see what the problem is.[/size]

henri09-16-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 17514)
    I'm using it on iOS5. looks and works great Henri.

* but how about targeting a single .tel? telpages search on a single .tel and I think this app would be hard to pass up for all the directory owners out there. its blindingly fast.

* missing image ads 

well... (i need to be able to see the image ads because google maps is just not good enough for some places in the world! you guys not hearing that?) . I have actually created an image ad for every single resort in boracay.tel, that image ad (interface element) then links thru to a uber-cool html5 "open street maps" alternative webpage

* missing google adsense 
    (i don't really want my directory work ripped off, and would like the adsense to show up no matter how my data is re-used)

* language settings? 
    * other settings?

* maybe INTEGRATE directly your wonderful MAP TOOL, so that we can see multiple listings at once. with the pop-up balloon per pin i.e. natively within the app, not via an external google rendered webpage

just some quick thoughts.
    would be awesome if this could be easily made to be customisable/brandable.
    Its much much better than the UIwebView approach I have been taking with boracay app.

[size]
    Ok I'll look to support image ads in the next iteration.
    Google adsense is probably harder to add, and I don't think it'll be done.

TelPages search on a single .tel... ok, I'll have to see how to integrate that in there without making a mess of things. The interface is complex enough already.
    Language-wise, I can post the strings files here and let anyone update them for his/her language, but there's always the problem of maintenance: whenever I change anything to the app, the language strings will need to be updated.

I looked at the map tool integration, and in fact I've got a local telpages app running that shows all the local .tel results from a telpages search. The problem with that app is that I cannot release it as-is, because it has little value as a global app. No one wants to see random .tel domains that are in the neighborhood.
    However, as a local app for a single directory like boracay.tel it's got huge value. What I can do is send you the source code for this app, and you can do everything you want with it, and release it as a local boracay directory app.[/size]

dutchstreetdog09-16-2011 10:04 AM

Hello
    How can i remove old contacts?!
    I dont see the option!
    I can delete recently added contacts But the old ones?
    I had some old domains from myself in the phonebook, But i dropped those!
    I cant remove them, it says domain dosnt excist?!

henri09-16-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 17518)
    Hello
    How can i remove old contacts?!
    I dont see the option!
    I can delete recently added contacts But the old ones?

[size]
    To fully delete an old record, go in the address book or phone dialer and delete it.
    If you just want it not to show up in Superbook but keep it in your address book, remove the .tel url that's inside the record.[/size]

your-tel09-16-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

[size]
    Hi Henri
    Just updated super book from app store, now it won't open the app? 
    Any ideas why? 
    I don't have any apps running in the background.
    Regards[/size]

dutchstreetdog09-16-2011 10:16 AM

Hello Henry 
    Well i dont understand!
    Do you mean the phonebook from the iPhone ?
    And why is there not Just a delete option to delete old contacts ?

dutchstreetdog09-16-2011 10:17 AM

Pour Henry
    I saw it Comming!

henri09-16-2011 10:19 AM

Whoever has a crash, please send email me the crash reports. Here's how:
    http://aplus.rs/apple/how-to-find-cr...-vista-and-xp/

The faster I get reports, the quicker I can find and solve the issue. Also, reboot your phone and try again, I'd like to see if it does the same thing.

boracay.tel09-16-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 17517)
    However, as a local app for a single directory like boracay.tel it's got huge value. What I can do is send you the source code for this app, and you can do everything you want with it, and release it as a local boracay directory app.

[size]
    now THAT would be sweet![/size]

henri09-16-2011 10:21 AM

I'll also add a "delete" for contacts. It won't delete the contact, just remove the .tel url. So the contact will still appear in your address book, but it won't appear on Superbook. What do you say?

boracay.tel09-16-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 17525)
    I'll also add a "delete" for contacts. It won't delete the contact, just remove the .tel url. So the contact will still appear in your address book, but it won't appear on Superbook. What do you say?

[size]
    yes. old records need a delete. we are talking "contacts" not "recents"[/size]

dutchstreetdog09-16-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

[size]
    Yes please Henry 
    That would bey a usefull option!
    And you are not the onley one, it happens with a lot of apps crashing!
    And as you discoverded last time its almost always a memmory isseu!
    Thank you And a lott of strenght to you![/size]

boracay.tel09-16-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Ok I'll look to support image ads in the next iteration.

[size]
    can you give a timeframe estimate please?[/size]

boracay.tel09-16-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

TelPages search on a single .tel... ok

[size]
    Henri, I need to keep asking and plead that you solve this mobile search situation. 
    Currently you guys have a broken telpages search tool when searching on a single .tel

the mobile proxy search is useless for directories as is and surely MUST be fixed.[/size]

boracay.tel09-16-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

What do you say?

[size]
    * Note (the note contact record) 
    (with the majority of the note in the lower orange text)

Henri, could you please show more lines specifically for the "note" contact record in the lower half (the orange text)
    it doesn't make sense to have a note field truncated to only show a few words of a an actual note or instruction. its not even offering an expand arrow (not that that would suit) but a note is different in function anyway. Regardless there is no current way to read the actual whole note![/size]

dutchstreetdog09-16-2011 09:07 PM

search Scheveningen find erectionshop

Hello
    À little question
    When i looking for Scheveningen in Superbook erectieshop appears?!
    Why?
    Scheveningen is indexed Good in Google So it shout come out!
    Or dont i understand the Superbook ?!
    Anyway the lest thing i want to see appear is erectionshop!
    Thase this appear by everybody? I hope not!

Cees09-16-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Hayward (Post 17513)
    Hi Cees,

Do you have many apps running in the background? Double-click the button to see what's running and if you've got a lot it might be wise to close some down. Alternatively, try a clean install. Let us know if that doesn't work and we'll send instructions to send us a log file to check.

[size]
    Hi Justin & Henri,
    Thanks for the SUPER Fast reply, Did as you suggested and its working fine now, haven't had the time to have a real good look but certainly appears neat.
    Thanks for your help.
    Cees[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

SuperBook not so Super for me. Empty Re: SuperBook not so Super for me.

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:46 pm

dutchstreetdog09-18-2011 12:41 PM

WoW

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 17541)
    Hello
    À little question
    When i looking for Scheveningen in Superbook erectieshop appears?!
    Why?
    Scheveningen is indexed Good in Google So it shout come out!
    Or dont i understand the Superbook ?!
    Anyway the lest thing i want to see appear is erectionshop!
    Thase this appear by everybody? I hope not!

[size]
    Wow i Just tryed a search for Scheveningen in SuperBook and now it is Super!
    I dont now ive you changed somthing but erectieshop disapeard and all my Scheveningen pages came out!
    Realy Nice seeing my work back in this way!
    I can imagine dottel becoming the phonebook from the internet
    Great app!
    Keep up the Good work and spirit telnic[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-19-2011 12:25 PM

Mobile Search

Here's an article about mobile search.

Should mobile search be a development focus?

Excerpt ...

Mobile makes up about 20% of searches globally for Yahoo. In some regions, such as Indonesia, 80% of all searches on Yahoo come from mobile. In the United States that number ranges between 10% and 15% on feature phones and smartphones, according to Shashi Seth, senior vice president of search products at Yahoo.

In the next 12 to 18 months, mobile searches in the U.S. should account for between 25% and 30%, Seth said during a call with Macquarie Securities analyst Ben Schachter. Searches on smartphones contribute between 7% and 8% sequentially. Mobile revenue continues to increase at about 100% year-over-year. 

Mark

boracay.tel09-19-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 17563)

[size]
    it should be. 
    its important. not sure where it fits on the roadmap.
    i can't use it (confidently keep user at my site) to demonstrate the power of a singular mobile .tel directory currently.[/size]

henri09-19-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 17563)

[size]
    It certainly is.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-19-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 17567)
    It certainly is.

[size]
    Excellent. 

What about map visualization? 

Any word on that super-fast DNS query to improve TelView?

Mark[/size]

henri09-19-2011 04:38 PM

I just submitted version 2.0.1 of superbook to the app store which will hopefully solve the crash on startup to those of you who've experienced it.
    I also fixed a couple of localization issues and added the ability to delete address book records directly from superbook.

dutchstreetdog09-29-2011 10:04 PM

I like the "share this" option in superbook 
    But ones u choose a twitteracount to share, there is no option to choose another twitteracount!
    Most people have multiple twitteracounts so it would bey nice to have the option to pick from multiple acounts.
    Anyway i whas sharring some stuff and missing this option.

Simon G09-30-2011 12:18 PM

just tryed 2.0.1 works and looks great on iphone 3gs. Does the layout look the same on android? If so v impressive.

Cees10-15-2011 08:45 PM

Dear Telnic,
    Could you tell me, when in SuperBook I want to "share this" some contact details, clicking on this button gives the options of: Email, Twitter, FaceBook and More, I would like to message this info, but after clicking the more button the same selection show up, clicking the edit button exits the app.
    Is there a real world answer why we cant MSG and why does the app just quit?

Thanks for your time
    Cees

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 8:56 am