The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Scroll or Drill down?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Scroll or Drill down? Empty Scroll or Drill down?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 4:13 am

dialaroom11-06-2009 06:55 PM

Scroll or Drill down?

What is preferable from a mobile phone users point of view, if you have a lot of directories.
    Scrolling down a list or navigating and drilling down to a page. I'm building a Uk directory partly as a complimentary mobile version of a web site directory, with lots and I mean lots of sub directories.
    Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Steve Randall
    dialaroom.tel

Shahid11-06-2009 09:15 PM

i think navigating to the right thing would be more better, if you put a big list on front page it takes alot of time to load too and might annoy the user as he has to take time for it to load to find what he wants

Shahid

Gav11-06-2009 10:17 PM

Hi

Yes I agree with shahid on this.

Regards

Gav

tony mayo11-07-2009 12:32 AM

Navigation is one of the big strengths of .tel.

Redirects.tel11-07-2009 01:56 AM

The home page should be a category index. Max of 10 listed jump off points. This also allows for 2 or 3 advertisement listings to the right. 

The next page deep, again, would best be brief... The choices being a-k and l-z or break that down possibly a little further.

I completely disagree with others here about speed and 100 (limit currently) entries on same page being too many. Speed is a non issue for a .tel. A-k is a very simple place to arrive at per category. Today's smart phones such as the IPHONE are made for fast finger flicking and scrolling. It's MUCH FASTER. to simply flick and flick and flick thru a visual alphabetical list. Grab an iPhone and TRY IT. you will be totally convinced. Not only that, but the iPhone has a popup a-z superimposed slider that COULD BE USED.

Great topic. Directories are waiting on so many tools to be made. Telnic please listen, we are waiting

Current date/time is 2024-05-06, 5:01 pm