The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Links from TEL to other websites - what search engines think about it?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Links from TEL to other websites - what search engines think about it? Empty Links from TEL to other websites - what search engines think about it?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 4:18 am

maximka12-13-2009 09:10 PM

Links from TEL to other websites - what search engines think about it?

In another forum one guy said that search engines discriminate sites with links to other sites. The more links you have from your TEL (he says) the worse is the situation. 

As I am any seo-expert, may I ask experts - do it really is so? Or it is only talks of a profane person?

tel4rent12-13-2009 09:26 PM

i am not an SEO expert neither but what i read is more you have links to your site better is your ranking. I even think henri mentioned it on one of his presentation. 

Check the blog of tenic - http://www.telnic.org/blog/2009/11/2...-presentation/

Experts - correct me if i am wrong.

be well!

maximka12-13-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 3293)
    ... to your site better is your ranking.

[size]
    Yes, he talked about that. But what happens then we have many links from our TEL-site to other websites?[/size]

Bunjie12-14-2009 04:05 AM

I don't know but I have a sub URL I use for my profile, and google removed it that was indexed for a while "months" and I don't know why I had to resubmit it.

tel4rent12-14-2009 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 3297)
    Yes, he talked about that. But what happens then we have many links from our TEL-site to other websites?

[size]
    Good question. I believe the experts could answer the question. As you said, is it true the other way around when you link from your dot tel to other sites? what happens?[/size]

dottel.net12-14-2009 10:17 AM

backlinks help seo. outbound links from your tel/website/etc actually can have a negative effect.
    last thing you want is to be seen as a link farm, am assuming google have already been prep'd on dot tel and would expect a load of outbound links from a tel vs seeing it as a link farm.

maximka12-14-2009 11:19 AM

So it is better to have such outgoing links as less as possible? 

There is a difference if outgoing link is on the front page of tel-domain or on the 6-th page, for example?

dottel.net12-14-2009 07:44 PM

don't quote me - but believe there was talk of google only indexing 5 levels down into a tel page. so when you say 6th page am assuming you mean 6 subdomains/folders down?

also google right now appears to be treating each subdomain/folder as seperate and having individual records for them so for all intent purposes a link on any folder is as good as any other as long as it is indexed 

disclaimer: these are just opinions and not based on any scientific research/testing

maximka12-14-2009 08:23 PM

dottel.net, thank you for your response!

I am sorry to ask you once more - English is not my native language, so sometimes it is difficult for me to understand perfectly all nuances of such a complicated matter as SEO.

Did I understood correctly: outgoing links from my TELs will bring no harm when they will be on the subdomains which are at the 6-th level down?

P.S.
    Just hour before I replaced names of most of web-links in my TELs from "Web page" to "Note".

dottel.net12-15-2009 10:14 AM

hi maxima - if google doesn't indeed index to the 6th level what purpose would your outbound links be serving?

p.s. i'm only here to share my personal experiences vs speak as an seo authority, the most important seo tip i would pass on is to remember one thing about seo rules.... the rules always change

maximka12-15-2009 12:31 PM

Hi, dottel.net

I do not know is that truth or not - but I was told that every outbound* link from my tel-directory to any other web-site is a minus for me.

And every link placed on other web-sites which directs user to my tel-directory is a plus for me.

So, I decided that if in my tel-directories I will place outbound links on the 6-th level, then Google will not notice them and will not punish me with minuses. And at the same time users will be able to use those links of my tel-directory.

_________
    * As I undestand, outbound link - is a link placed on tel-directory which directs to another web-site.

maximka12-18-2009 11:41 PM

Another SEO question - if in a populated Tel we will disable one profile and enable another one, what then will happen with search engines indexation of such a Tel?

mactel12-19-2009 02:25 AM

In case, you have a mobile version of the website your .tel is pointing at (outbound link):
    If you have a .tel „Contact Us“ page from that related .tel within the website your outbound link is pointing to, then they both (website and contact page) will point all their own outbound liks to a mobile version of the website.
    Also, your dot tel domain, will have a direct outbound link to that mobile website.
    Recapitulation: In this case you therefore have:
    - One outbound link from dot tel to dot com.
    - You have: all the same links of your .tel, on your .tel „Contact Us“ page, that points to your mobile website.
    - One outbound link from dot tel to your mobile website.

In this szenario, it is important, that your dot tel domain points to your website, where you will be guided to the contact page of the website, which is related to your dot tel domain, as a copy of it.
    And the contact page will be showing the same outbound links a as your dot tel domain.
    Two outbound links, from your dot tel domain, can have a very strong effect, like this case shows.
    If you put a link of your dot tel domain on the same domain, it will point via the contact page back to it. 
    Therefore, these outbound links bring better Google search results for all types of mobile websites, including the dot tel domain.
    In case of a dot tel domain linking to a other site, it might not be that .tel domain benefitting from the outbound links, but all the other domains it is pointing at.
    Possibly only a link to itself, may increase the SEO of the dot tel domain, if we look at the effect of links, only.
    This szenario demonstrates, that all outbound links are good, and do not harm or hinder the .tel domain.
    Looking at the whole constellation of the outbound links pointing from a .tel, is seems, that the .tel domain would be only playing the role of a domestique, for all the other sites that the .tel is linked to. The main SEO booster of the .tel domain, might be its key words, as well as its „Contact Us“ page that is on a existing website. 
    Search engines don't seem to discriminate .tel domains, but they focus more on the sites to which that .tel domain is pointing at: Which is the contact page of the website, as well its mobile version.
    In other words: The .tel „Contact Us“ page of a pointed at website, will boost SEO of that .tel.
    Having also a mobile version of the website lets the .tel domain show up three times:

.tel
    .com/pages/telcontactus
    .mobi/telcontactus

Sites with links to other sites, help those sites, of course, but don't seem to hinder them selfs by doing this.
    As we saw: search engines boost the dot tel domain, thanks to those outbound links that link to sites and pages, that back link to the .tel domain.

Without those outbound links, there would not be that extra SEO boost for the .tel.
    Which would explain, that sites with links to other sites, don't get discriminated by Google, because of that, but the opposite is the case: Google rewards such sites by giving it a extra SEO boost. 

It is ideal, to have the dot tel domain integrated in a constellation of a few domains and pages, for this principle to work best: A .tel page would therefore ideally have outbound links to the following sites:

.tel
    website
    .tel „Contact Us“ page
    mobile version of website

dottel.net12-19-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 3534)
    Another SEO question - if in a populated Tel we will disable one profile and enable another one, what then will happen with search engines indexation of such a Tel?

[size]
    Search engines only index what is available when they crawl your website. so if you've got profile a on and related data showing that's what gets indexed. if you later switch to profile b the search indexes don't change until the next time your site is crawled by the search bots.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-06, 9:59 pm