The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

SEO boosting with .tel.

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

SEO boosting with .tel. Empty SEO boosting with .tel.

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 4:21 am

mactel12-26-2009 06:49 PM

SEO boosting with .tel.

Telvisual's latest article is about SEO boosting with .tel.

Respectively, about keyword related search results, respectively .tel subdomains, which are highly ranked for searching in Google, due to smart usage of keywords within the header section of telproxy.

In other words: A .tel subdomain can have a better Google search rank (not speaking of page rank, which is a different thing, I would say), than any other non-dot-tel subdomain (.com, .org, mobile.company.com, etc.), due to smart "keywording", and the .tel technology (DNS/direct storage and exchange of information/ faster times, for lightweight pages which us DNS technology in the way that Telnic does).

So, it could be also simplyfied: More matching keywords, to match with search terms = better SEO.
    It has been so often the question: "How can I improve SEO of my .tel domains?": And this may be the answer, now. Further more: If you ask: "How can I improve SEO of my .com, .org, etc.?": I say: Your SEO of your .com can befefit, if you have a related .tel domain

For more information, as well as a visual experience and view, vistit the blog of Telvisual, at:
    http://telvisual.blogspot.com/2009/1...-with-tel.html

JLouisBiz12-27-2009 10:07 AM

You said "header section of telproxy", can you show me example of the header?

As I don't see any meta keywords or description in the source of the Dot Tel page.

mactel12-27-2009 02:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
    Hello JLouis,
    Here are the examples, that you are asking for:

Attached, you can find the screen shots, for the three subdomains that show up in Google,if you search for:
    "Buy Classic Arts",
    "Buy Classic Paintings" and 
    "Classic Personalities".
    (However, for the first two search terms, it seems to be the same subdomain, that shows up, when searching in Google: "classic >> arts-and-paintings".)

I don't know, how you properly name the keywords, but anyway: It is only about how effective these keywords are:
    Why are they effective?:
    Because they are multiplyed a few times. There is not only one keyword or term, but thre, five, or nine, of the same. 
    And then, when you search, for example, for "Buy Classic Arts", you get a whole number/group of same keywords, that match with your search term. And I assume, that that fact is what does the trick, so that you can improve the searchability of those subdomains (shown in the example).
    I hope that helps..
    Anyway: It is only to show, how one can improve searchability/search enginge ranking/SEO, by choosing good keywords, and then by multiplying them (more than only one of the same term/keyword/"keyword search term").

Shahid12-27-2009 03:09 PM

i would be happy if one is asked before their examples being used

JLouisBiz12-27-2009 04:03 PM

Well, you said smart placement of keywords in header of telnic proxy pages, and I have understood that placement of keywords goes into 

as that is "header" within "page". While for Google, I think that "keywords" section of the content of Dot Tel domain is just content for Google and not keywords. But now I see what you mean.

Only, those "keywords" which you mention are placed, obviously by Shahid, within the TITLE, and it looks more like spam. I prefer titles which rank well, but are not boring like "Buy Classic, Purchase Classic" and similar. 

Certainly, Dot Tel improve the ranking or it appear easily on search engines and it is simply worth to have ANY Dot Tel domain. 

I don't know if there is much difference for Google, if you have one or other domain, as long as they are well developed. You could have business.tel and business-here.tel and second one to rank better.

mactel12-27-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 3870)
    i would be happy if one is asked before their examples being used

[size]
    You already had posted them once before:
    http://www.telnic.com/forum/showpost...3&postcount=12

I do not understand your problem, Shahid.
    Instead of thanking, you are complaining, and are not happy.
    Any other person would of not complained, but would of been happy.
    It is not my problem, If you feel that someone had violated your rights, or had not been correct.
    Anyway: I was correct. If you have any other worries, or problems, that concern me: Please only PM me, to prevent unjustifyed accusations in public.
    And if you happen to be in a bad temper or mood (like many other peoply during Christmas and the holidays, who thend to get depressed): This has nothing to do with me personally. Please look for some other whipping boy. Thank you. I have done nothing wrong. And I simply can not understand, why you are complaining (once more, without any valid rason). You should be able to distinguish between justice and injustice. 
    Again, this is your own post:
    http://www.telnic.com/forum/showpost...3&postcount=12
    And I doubt, that you are that forgetful...
    However, the examples you gave, are interesting, and have brought up some questions about SEO for .tel subdomains.
    (I guess, that is simply live: That people are workig toghether, have the same goal, but at the same time, they are hindering themselfs, more only because of personal reasons and feelings, that basically have nothing to do with the task and subject they are working on... And so, this is why people loose a lot of time, even when working in a team. I believe, it is mostly just human nature... But I am willing to deal with all sorts of weird situations, and defend my honor and my rights. And put things back in the right way, they had been, and should be. No need for any fuss or confusion, complaints, etc., if there is no valid reason.)
    @JLouis:
    Thank you so much, for your prompt, detailed, thorough and interesting contribution:
    I mostly agree with you, as well, and will have to think more about what you say.
    Anyway: It seems to be very important, what you say. And I am glad, to get such critical feedback on my comment. That is what forums are all about...: Learning, sharing, learning, try and error, reading, learning, and so on. Again: Thank you very much, and I will maybe be able to comment your post later, but first I better collect some own experience and test results.

I think, that my message is basically: You might be able to get good SEO for a .tel domain (with good content, as you state, or to say on your own words: "as long as they are well developed"), but possibly not for its subdomains: So, to get good SEO, for those subdomains, as well, one would maybe have to check out, and see, what is in the "bag of .tel tricks"...
    So, it maybe be more a "subdomain-issue" and discussion, rather than a domain-issue and discussion, as your conclusions for domains seem to be right (but there might be even more potential, there, to improve SEO, even if the domain is (very) "well developed"). -Could we ad keywords or terms (classic arts, classic paintings, classic personalities), without getting the "spam look" and impression? Or could we even hide them, so that they are invisible (if they only would look like spam, and spoil the good looks of the .tel webpage)?
    Or in other words: Could we hide (needed and effective) keywords, that would otherwhise only clutter up our .tel webpage, and possibly look like spam?
    So that they are quasi still there (but invisible), and that Google can still see them and index them, and handle them like any other keywords on websites and webpages?
    Kind regards.
    .[/size]

JLouisBiz12-27-2009 05:01 PM

That is certainly good way to rank pages, but is little bit "spammy". I vouch for more logical way of doing it like: "Buy classics or enjoy to purchase classics" instead of "Buy Classics, Purchase Classics". If something is repeating, it should be logical for the sake of the reader and not for the main purpose of search engine rankings. Google actually degrades such pages over time, see Google guidelines for webmaster.

mactel12-27-2009 05:19 PM

Hi JLouis,
    I agree with you.
    Thank you, for the info and link.
    Again (and you might of missed that part, as I was editing previous post, at the time you where replying):
    -Could we ad keywords or terms (classic arts, classic paintings, classic personalities), without getting the "spam look" and impression? Or could we even hide them, so that they are invisible (if they only would look like spam, and spoil the good looks of the .tel webpage)?
    Or in other words: Could we hide (needed and effective) keywords, that would otherwhise only clutter up our .tel webpage, and possibly look like spam?
    So that they are quasi still there (but invisible), and that Google can still see them and index them, and handle them like any other keywords on websites and webpages?

JLouisBiz12-27-2009 09:00 PM

I think one should stick to Google Webmaster Guidelines, nice content for humans, not for search engines. Finally, one can still often mention keywords but in smarter way. 

I think that "Keywords" section of Dot Tel shall rather be called "Info" or similar, because placing keywords there like abc, xyz, word, by, word, is not what I prefer or would want to do. If it says "keywords", than that shall be word by word or phrase by phrase, and shall be placed in META tag of the HTML header, and not in the content of the page. The "Keywords" shall be "Info" or something else, as there you can actually put a lot of text, descriptive content, which is much better then simply putting words which look like spam.

mactel12-27-2009 09:26 PM

Good comment. I agree.
    I admit, that I was only thinking technically, but not human.
    -But what if, the info area in the header could nevertheless be used to "cheat" Google?... 
    I mean, only "honest cheating"... ...Na: I guess you are right. And only in the long term we could see, how "sustainable" our .tel domains are within the world of Google search, 
    -Where is the HTML header, by the way..., respectively, how do I place keywords in META tag, there? - Any example, you could give?
    Just one thing, I would like to stick to: Maybe we would have to treat .tel subdomains differently than the main .tel domain, so that they get a decent search ranking (SEO)... - Who knows? - That was actually my point. But now I realize, it was quasi spamming the header of the subdomain, at the same time. Which should be avoided, of course. I just wonder, how Shahid's .tel subdomains would rank (the three examples, he gave us), if he would change the text info in the header part, to more "human content", according to the "Google Webmaster Guidelines"?...

nadya12-28-2009 10:33 AM

JLouisBiz, you're right about the main thing - create content that's meaningful to humans, not search engines. We're thinking of renaming keywords, yes. 

One point re META tags - search engines don't take them into account, since they can be so easily abused. A .tel page always shows whatever's in the DNS, let's not try to hide content in META tags, especially since it will be completely ignored then.

JLouisBiz12-28-2009 11:32 AM

Yes, now I remember, Google does not take much or if any attention to Meta Keywords, but some other search engines, do. But Meta Keywords should not be long anyway, like Dot Tel Keywords. 

But Meta Description should be there too, as many rely on it. The title could be within Meta Description too.

Is the commented link to telnic.org within HTML really necessary?

Further I am interested in PRINT Style Sheet. Right now, I could not easily print the Dot Tel page.

mactel12-28-2009 02:57 PM

Yes, I agree: Creating content that's meaningful to humans, is important and essential. And I will also start reading the Google webmaster guidelines...:
    http://www.google.com/support/webmas...n&answer=35769

I just learnt another lesson, in the Google/SEO game: About good and human behavior.
    After all: Many of our .tel domains offer services. For humans. And so, nobody wants to put them off, by some content that may be good for SEO (ony in the short term?), but not good for business.

So, I would put it this way, if we would build a priortity pyramid...:

1.) First, come client and visitor needs. Webpage or website presentation.
    2.) Second, come SE (search engine) needs.

And whenever we do analysis of of SEO, page rank, and whatever else, we should not only focus on those things, but also try to figure out, if customer satisfaction (our business clients, potential customers, and .tel webpage visitors) has increased, respectively, grown bigger.
    To get to see that other picture (customer satisfaction), we need to receive some related and relevant feedback.... - Ask your customers and clients, let them drop a comment..., let them send us a feedback.
    What do our clients wish? What do they like, about our services, our .tel webpage? Our .tel related website? Etc.

Yes, I think that is the way to go. And not loosing those so important points out of eye sight, because of (too) much thinking about SEO.
    Remember, that you, and your webpage or website will be also found, by people recommending your wepage and website, your services. Simply, by word of mouth. By spreading the word, within their environment (existing customers, business partners, family, friends, colleagues, etc.).

How high your webpage or website will rank in Google search, depends also on the amount of people who visite your .tel webpage or website: Try some offline advertising, such as tee-shirts, posters, billboards, stickers, etc.
    So, at the end: That will improve your SEO too, and at the same time, you may get some real people and customers, showing interest for your business and services, and not only viewing your page and site, without buying and giving you some profit.

Only customer satisfaction, not SEO, or page rank, will make your business viable. 

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 1:30 am