The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

The Best DotTel Registrar?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

The Best DotTel Registrar? Empty The Best DotTel Registrar?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 4:24 am

mikeseaton11-13-2009 05:25 PM

The Best DotTel Registrar?

I would be interested in forum users views of the best DotTel Registrar thay have found.

I appreciate "best" is a very subjective term but my key criteria are:
    - ease of transfer on a sale (does the control panel allow unlocking and give you the authorisation code for your dottel domain)
    - competitive price
    - quality of support.

Thanks in anticipation.

Mike Seaton

Shahid11-13-2009 09:33 PM

in my option i would go the following about them.

- ease of transfer on a sale (does the control panel allow unlocking and give you the authorisation code for your dottel domain) Name.com
    - competitive price Dynadot.com
    - quality of support.never had any problem with any but i can say DomainMonster.com is the best in support

Gav11-13-2009 11:04 PM

Must be honest

Never had any problem with any of my domains ( Fingers Crossed )

I also like domain monster as they are very helpful.

I also use 123reg for lots of my domains to

Regards

Gav

mactel11-15-2009 03:47 PM

I recommend:

http://www.1awww.com/

This ISP is located in Spain, and the client service is done by Mr. Detlef Bracker (German, English and Spanish speaking).

The data centre, respectively, the sponsoring registrar, is at the company 1API in Germany:
    http://www.1api.de/

This ISP is ideal for resellers and domainers with big domain portfolios.

Or for people with not much knowledge of IT, but willing to learn some basics, or some basic proceedings.

You get quick and helpful response, and are able to troubleshoot any problem within short time. 

Further more, you have reliable technology, which is very safe. 
    And security standarts are high. 

Why not give it a shot? You won't regret it...

About 1API:
    Domain Systems Engineering Years of Expertise: > 10 Years
    Main Datacenter: Saarlouis, Germany
    Real time Secondary Datacenter: Windhof, Luxemburg
    Fully redundant clustered software and systems infrastructure
    Five levels of security to ensure privacy and protection

TelRise11-20-2009 01:40 AM

I find domainmonster works very well.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)11-20-2009 05:06 AM

name.com, especially at $9.99 again this year.
    I've had a couple of issues with domains not being properly created within their zones, but they were fairly quick to resolve issues between telnic and themselves.
    They have ability to maintain different accounts within CTH to organize domains.
    Mark

Bill11-20-2009 08:02 AM

----------------------

Shahid11-20-2009 12:19 PM

i m so Glad 

Name.com
    Domainmonster.com
    Dynadot.com 

are ahead all :) 

Name.com the best as mark said different cth accounts, lets say you have a domain you dont want to sell neither develop but rent it out so you don't have to fear with your other .tel being disturbed just make a different cth and let them manage their own at any point you feel they are not making good use of the domain or not paying you just transfer the domain back and delete the cth

telme11-20-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 2669)
    Don't know the best, but I know the two worst:

Moniker.com
    Domain.com

I have had no problem with:

Name.com
    Domainmonster.com
    Dynadot.com

[size]
    Isn't Moniker part of the same company as SnapNames?

I was looking to transfer my .tels to Name.com, but they aren't accepting transfers yet. :([/size]

Shahid11-20-2009 07:35 PM

Telme, i would advice you to move your domain to Dynadot.com its just 10.99 / yr no hidden fees and takes 4-6 days to transfer. incase you want the concerned persons name in moniker i will let you know by pm i have shifted over 7 names from there :) 

Shahid

RonMunson11-24-2009 08:09 AM

I recently moved all of my 35 domain names to Webnames.ca. My boss who has one of the larger collections in North America recommended that I talk to their support staff because they offer the most competitve pricing for people that want to grow their collections. The more domains you order or transfer to them the better of a deal they will give you over time.

Secondly, the support is second to none in my opinion.

Finally, the most important thing to me is the fact that these guys know .tel very well and will can log you into your dot tel account from their main account page.

Beware of some of the other competitors when it comes to hooking up Google Apps as they won't allow you to do that. For those of you that don't know what the advantage of Google Apps can bring, among many things, it can allow you to tie a whole messanging center to you .tel domain name with up to 50 emails for free. For example RonMunson@VancouverDining.tel etc. Webnames offer this as a free solution by altering the MX records of the domain right from their control panel.

The fact that I couldn't hook this up with my last company is why I ended up moving it all of my names to them.

dottel11-24-2009 10:30 AM

Nothing beats Name.com

• Best prices in the market no matter if you have one domain or thinking of growing your domain list.
    • Cheap prices, free privacy options for major domain extensions (.com, .net, .org and others which has no restrictions).
    • It gives Google Apps for free
    • Friday Deals (So everyweek you have some deal)
    • Hassle free
    • Professional Service
    • Last but not least. They are not parasites

maximka11-24-2009 01:49 PM

Now at name.com prices for TEL domain are $9.99 for the first year; but renewing for a domain will be 14.95 - as they say. 

It seems that Dynadot gives better offer for TEL domain: $10.99 for each year. Also, if you put $500 to your account there, then the price will be $9.50 per year for a domain.

Shahid11-24-2009 07:59 PM

As i stated earlier, every registrar has their own benefits 

But as i said i would name the best for transfers is Dynadot and the best for first or multiple year is name.com and domainmonster is good too :) 

you have to know Name.com has seprate CTH which is better then any registrar in more then one lets say i own LuxuryApartments.tel and i lease to some one all i have to do is make a seprate cth account and give him use name and password of telhosting. once i his term gets over or in any way we dont have a good understand i just remove my domain from that telhosting and shift it to my normal one and delete the account :) 

Shahid

RonMunson11-25-2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 2769)
    As i stated earlier, every registrar has their own benefits 

But as i said i would name the best for transfers is Dynadot and the best for first or multiple year is name.com and domainmonster is good too :) 

you have to know Name.com has seprate CTH which is better then any registrar in more then one lets say i own LuxuryApartments.tel and i lease to some one all i have to do is make a seprate cth account and give him use name and password of telhosting. once i his term gets over or in any way we dont have a good understand i just remove my domain from that telhosting and shift it to my normal one and delete the account :) 

Shahid

[size]
    Webnames does the same with child accounts. If you have volume like you have Shahid, call them up and ask them if they can do better then Dynadot.

I know my boss always tells me that every one dollar he saves on domain names saves him thousands per year and he was the one that introduced me to Webnames. :eek:[/size]

Shahid11-25-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 2776)
    Webnames does the same with child accounts. If you have volume like you have Shahid, call them up and ask them if they can do better then Dynadot.

I know my boss always tells me that every one dollar he saves on domain names saves him thousands per year and he was the one that introduced me to Webnames. :eek:

[size]
    Thank you for suggestion, i will look into it but then again i still like name.com the best i hope they reduce their prices for renewals as i have 185 there.

your boss seems like a smart man, i believe in the same strategy.

Lets say i was to renew my 200 else where 

name.com ( 200x14.95 = 2,990/- )
    dynadot.com ( 200x10.95 = 2,190/- ) ( but someone stated if you add 500 you can get a price of 9.50 ( 200x9.50 = 1,900/- ) 
    Domainmonster ( 200x9.99 = 1,998 ) 

so here i am left with 2 options either to convince name.com to reduce prices or i move them to dynadot or domain monster.

Saving almost 1000 US$ is good becoz it can renew 100 of my domains again for 1 yr so when you play with volume one should play it smart or else one can easily lose out[/size]

dottel11-25-2009 01:47 PM

For those interested in name.com and for those who are name.com customers
    become fan of name.com here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Namecom/40529942806

and grab the weekly and regular promo offers.
    If you have lot domains you can ask for discounts (I have seen some of them asking for such discounts and received them. So why not try?)

maximka11-25-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 2778)
    ... but someone stated if you add 500 you can get a price of 9.50 ...

[size]
    Here is the link.[/size]

Shahid11-25-2009 09:42 PM

thank you

Total Spending $434.50 in the last 365 days. 

so i guess i need to spent 65 more to get the special price

dottel11-30-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 2801)
    thank you

Total Spending $434.50 in the last 365 days. 

so i guess i need to spent 65 more to get the special price

[size]
    Sure you must have crossed the remaining amount by now?;)[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

The Best DotTel Registrar? Empty Re: The Best DotTel Registrar?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 4:24 am

maximka11-30-2009 06:43 PM

I heard that name.com does not allows TEL domains transfers yet. So, if I would like to transfer my domains from name.com to Dynadot, then it is impossible now?

Shahid11-30-2009 07:57 PM

no, that's wrong

i have transferred 10 .tel from name.com to domainmonster.com

as i have also moved around 15 .tel from various registrars like 

Onlinenic.com
    Directi
    moniker 
    123.co.uk or something 

to Dynadot without any problem 

@ Dottel not crossed the limit yet but soon will

mactel02-02-2010 11:37 AM

About domain transfers:

Domain transactions are built on trust between buyer and seller.
    I made a mind map (german language), for anybody who is interested:
    http://bubbl.us/view.php?sid=512794&...MEE3bzRvQW14bw

Before you buy the domain, the seller will assure to you, that the domain belongs to him, and that he will transfer the domain correctly according to the policy/contract.

After you have found a agreement with the seller about the domain conditions of sale, the domain transfer from seller to buyer has to take place: The buyer will be registered at his domain registry of choice as (new) owner (registrant) of the domain.
    Therefor, name and address of the owner (registrant) will change (previous owner address to new owner address). (The reason for this is, because domain names can not only have a high value, but because the domain name has to be related to the propper address of the owner, to be seen online, for any user or potential business client, and because threre are strict rules and regulations about registering, transfering, or deleting and realeasing backholded domains.)

The current policies and regulations about domain transfers are set by the individual registries, and one can basically say, that a different domain extension is ruled and regulated by a other domain registry. About the rights of the registries:
    The registries are the authorities over the managed domains, and are therefor allowed to act according to the policies of ICANN, as well as under the interests of the states and countries, where a relevant registry is domiciled, or according to the interests of the country, whre a trustee acts in behold of a registry from outside, but who has to act responsible according to the rights and regulations for a domain with the relevant extension, corresponding to a registry.

Example, of how domain transfers can be handled by a registrar:

Only changing the name of the holder, and at the same provider:
    If you only are changing the name of the holder of the domain name of one or more domains at your registrar, that you have already managed under your registrar, for most of the domain extensions, you will not be charged any fees for domain transfers. (That means, that if the domain name stays at the registrar, but only changes the holder.) Otherwhise, the seller of the domain will carry all the costs and fees for the transfer from his account/portfolio, to yours.

But in the case, if that if the domain name stays at the registrar, but only changes the holder, the remaining time till renewal of the domain will be taken into account of the new holder of the domain name, and you only would have to pay the renewal fees for the next renewal period, according to the price list of your registrar.

Within these special conditions, exceptions are made, only with a few domain extension, where a domain transfer could only be made by trade: In those cases there would be charged a trade fee. And those are mainly for the following domain extensions: (.AT, .BE, .CH, .EU, .ES, .FR, .IT, .JP, .LI, .LU, .NL, .NU, .SE, .SG ).
    (The trade fees are aproximatly in the region of a annual fee, plus a additional fee of maximal 100%.).

Transfering a domain name to a other provider:

If you want to transfer the domain name to a other provider (not only changing the name of the holder), you should proceed with a so called domain transfer.
    Ask your internet service provider how much the domain transfer would cost you, and compare his offer with other offers.

When a domain name transfer takes place, provider locks will be removed, as soon as the registrar has received and veryfied the relevant documents/paper work, from buyer and seller (old and new registrant of the domain name).

End of example.

Thank you, for your interest and attention about domain name transfers. 

Gav02-05-2010 11:03 AM

I will definatley renew my .tel with Domain Monster.

If you are reg more than 25+ it works out just £7.99 each.

Service is great, im happy with there service

Regards

Gav

tony mayo02-05-2010 11:38 AM

Agree with Gav. Domainmonster offer a first rate service.

maximka02-05-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 5133)
    Domain Monster... If you are reg more than 25+ it works out just £7.99 each.

[size]
    I saw these prices: .tel --13.99 € -- 13.49 € --12.99 €

12.99 € ≈ 18 $

Of course, sometimes service can win against price.

.[/size]

stel02-05-2010 09:43 PM

name.com will make a decision regarding better renewal prices on Monday, so they told me to wait until Monday for their change in the renewal prices....

mikeseaton02-08-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 2507)
    I would be interested in forum users views of the best DotTel Registrar thay have found.

I appreciate "best" is a very subjective term but my key criteria are:
    - ease of transfer on a sale (does the control panel allow unlocking and give you the authorisation code for your dottel domain)
    - competitive price
    - quality of support.

Thanks in anticipation.

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Thanks for all the replies - I have started using http://www.Name.com for new Dot Tel registrations and so far they look good - as long as they keep new Dot Tel registration pricing at $9.99 (the home page says "regular price" $19.95).

Two interesting developments today re Name.com Dot Tel pricing - see http://www.Name.com/pricing
    - Renewal rate dropped (as mentioned by Stel in post above) to $12.99
    - Transfer-in of Dot Tel to Name.com now appears possible - a price for Dot Tel is quoted in Transfer column of $8.99.

Mike Seaton[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 4:47 am