The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Tel Visitors Counter

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Tel Visitors Counter Empty Tel Visitors Counter

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 4:31 am

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-18-2010 03:42 PM

Tel Visitors Counter

http://telvisitors.com/images/vc.png

Visitors Counter is a free tool that gives you a visitors counter on any .tel, directly within your .tel icon. No special coding is needed and you just use your own image. Works with any .tel domain.

Over 500 domains and 1,000+ subdomains now have a counter installed. The beta program is now closed and anyone can have a free visitors counter starting March 19. Here is a partial list of domains using VC. Counters can be personalized with colours, fonts, sizes and many extended features will be available. Domains and subdomains can have individual counters. 

Mark

marimax03-18-2010 04:22 PM

It's too complicated and it takes too long to get the statistics

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-18-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marimax (Post 7042)
    It's too complicated and it takes too long to get the statistics

[size]
    What is too complicated? If you are referring to traffic stats, then I've simplified this whole process at www.stats4.tel[/size]

mariella200303-18-2010 04:41 PM

Just Update my www.SOUTHAMPTON.tel with pictures with counter from http://www.telimg.com/index.php

tel4rent03-18-2010 04:57 PM

Mark!

That's a cool tool. Thanks for the tips.

Be well.

marimax03-18-2010 05:15 PM

Mark
    In order to get statistics you have to separately register each domain then for every domain you have to have login , password, challenge answer, domain name
    You call it easy ??
    How do you expect someone with 100 .tel domains or more do it ?
    It would take a whole day

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-18-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marimax (Post 7050)
    Mark
    In order to get statistics you have to separately register each domain then for every domain you have to have login , password, challenge answer, domain name
    You call it easy ??
    How do you expect someone with 100 .tel domains or more do it ?
    It would take a whole day

[size]
    Somewhat true as you say. Telnic is working on a simpler way. However with the recent updates, you get one email for all your domains and register them all at once. If you have single domain-single userid registrar then you are quite right - it's complicated. I had to create a script to initiate the telfriending to get 100's of domains registered the old way.
    But once you get them connected, the traffic stats come very easy. FF remembers your userid and password, you just need to remember the challenge.[/size]

Bunjie03-18-2010 05:34 PM

Great work, welldone

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-19-2010 12:43 PM

Visitors Counter is now activate

Phase one of the TelMasters Visitors Counter is now activate. You can create and edit counters on any number of domains.

http://www.telvisitors.com/images/vcss.png

Visitors Counter is a free tool that gives you a visitors counter on any .tel, directly within your .tel icon. No special coding is needed and you just use your own image. Works with any .tel domain.

Phase 2 will have full management, counter reset, automatic icon insertion.

Mark
    Telmasters

can03-19-2010 02:43 PM

Great function I like it.
    I will use it.

mikeseaton03-19-2010 07:18 PM

Visitors Counter Suggestion

Mark,

Looks a very useful tool - but I have one suggestion for improvement.

At the moment if you hit refresh on your browser the count increments by 1 each time - leaving it a bit open to abuse if someone wants to rapidly increase the count.

If the IP address of the user was stored in a Session Variable it could be set to only increase once for each server session at that URL - effectively giving a Visitor count rather than a View/Refresh count as at present.

Is this something you could incorporate?

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-19-2010 07:36 PM

Yep, that IP is already recorded in the database. Was experimenting with it on/off. Making it an option tonight.
    Page views vs unique views.
    Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-20-2010 12:48 PM

New Features Visitors Counter

The Customizable Visitors Counter now has additional features:

► you can decide upon counting unique visits vs. page views
    ► you can reset the counter
    ► partial management

Full management including viewing of statistics coming next.

Mark

tel4rent03-20-2010 02:10 PM

Mark,

It is a great tool. I like the features you offer and most of your tools

But one thing and no offense...I always get put off when u ask for an unlock key and credentials (i have notice that you removed it the next day). I like simple things. I provide an email address, we get the link and job done. You get the credit, the traffic and all the stuff...so i am not quite sure about the unlocking thing. what do you say?

Just my opinion.

As always...Good Job!

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-20-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 7174)
    Mark,
    It is a great tool. I like the features you offer and most of your tools
    But one thing and no offense...I always get put off when u ask for an unlock key and credentials (i have notice that you removed it the next day). I like simple things. I provide an email address, we get the link and job done. You get the credit, the traffic and all the stuff...so i am not quite sure about the unlocking thing. what do you say?
    Just my opinion. As always...Good Job!

[size]
    Hi tel4rent. The unlock code continues to be part of the system of cross-linking. I see your point about just emailing to get the code. I will implement that in a day or so. The credentials for tools are there because OpenID/Auth is still in the planning stages at Telnic and there is no access to a .tel without your credentials. Credentials for visitors counter are optional and used for the convenience of the VC tool changing your icon quickly - a step you can do manually by accessing the CTH directly after getting the VC registered. An upcoming feature will be bulk multi-(sub)domain VC - in which case the best way to update all domains is for the tool to do it with your credentials. I guarantee to the community that there is no risk in doing so - you can even create a temporary password just for the tool and revert afterwards.

Mark[/size]

tel4rent03-21-2010 08:54 AM

Hello Mark!

Thank you for your positive feedback.

Be well.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-29-2010 11:31 PM

Customizable Visitors Counter Update

The Visitors Counter now has bulk management features. You are able to manage many VC's at multiple domains and subdomains at once. All attributes (font, size, location, color, etc) are fully configurable and counters can be made invisible to visitors. When combined with bulk logo management, you have a complete VC solution.

www.telvisitors.com

Mark

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 4:49 am