The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Tel Domains and Google Ad Sense

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Tel Domains and Google Ad Sense Empty Tel Domains and Google Ad Sense

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 4:32 am

slehiman03-29-2010 04:33 PM

Tel Domains and Google Ad Sense

The last weekend, I was waiting the upgrade to configure my domain for Google Adsense.
    But i cannot see any link in the config pannel (where i can config the email, emailserver).
    Anybody has the due date for this functionality.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-29-2010 04:37 PM

GA coming Wednesday

nadya03-30-2010 12:53 PM

For developers: the docs have been updated to show how Google AdSense can be added programmatically,http://dev.telnic.org/trac/discussion/16/231. The functionality is currently disabled.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-30-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 7472)
    For developers: the docs have been updated to show how Google AdSense can be added programmatically,http://dev.telnic.org/trac/discussion/16/231. The functionality is currently disabled.

[size]
    All tools prepped and ready for tomorrow's launch.
    Mark[/size]

JLouisBiz03-30-2010 07:04 PM

Right. 

On every US $100 that you earn on Adsense, per single TEL domain, in the year 2010, I will add US $100 extra to you, provided you show the evidence (in private, by contract). Offer available to everyone.

On every US $1,000 that anyone earns in total on not more than 100 TEL domains, in the year 2010, I will add additional US $1,000. Private contract must be made to avoid problems with Agreements with Google.

dotteler03-30-2010 07:38 PM

.tel adsense is live.
    Just added: http://igo.tel/

Still so fresh showing random ads.
    Usually adsense propogates with 24 hrs. with targeted results.
    We'll see

JLouisBiz03-30-2010 08:11 PM

http://www.uxpe.com/images/2e781e46c...9a62e711ab.png

dotteler03-30-2010 08:19 PM

already on several: http://hometours.tel http://autosell.tel http://videslide.tel and adding as we speak.

dotteler03-30-2010 08:56 PM

accidently discovered through ads4.tel 
    don't guess it's supposed to be 'out' right yet, but does show that it works.

tel4rent03-30-2010 09:59 PM

Very interesting!

i did not see it yet on my telhosting panel...any idea where the link is suppose to be.

Congratulations telnic

Triton NW03-30-2010 10:29 PM

So are the sponsored links ads placed there by you and the ones below it by google? What tool did you use to add the sponsored links?

Thanks in advance

dotteler03-30-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 7488)
    So are the sponsored links ads placed there by you and the ones below it by google? What tool did you use to add the sponsored links?

Thanks in advance

[size]
    I use promoting.tel mostly
    The ads4.tel is where the adsense is done.

I did add all of the ads on these domains with these tools. I suppose the .telhosting will offer similar, but these are working.[/size]

dotteler03-30-2010 10:40 PM

What's nice is that if you want to build the skeletal structure of a directory, you can at least populate with one link and some adsense or sponsored links and it looks SO much better than an error message about 'this directory not existing' ( see http://health-medicine.yellow-pages....a.roswell.tel/ )

Triton NW03-30-2010 10:49 PM

Thank you for the quick response. I sure hope the Telhosting platform makes this an easy process.

your-tel03-31-2010 12:02 PM

Hi
    Where do we locate the advert ID - 1 from?
    I have created Google AdSense for my .tel domain and can get html code, but cant find advert ID?
    Any Idea?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-31-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by your-tel (Post 7495)
    Hi
    Where do we locate the advert ID - 1 from?
    I have created Google AdSense for my .tel domain and can get html code, but cant find advert ID?
    Any Idea?

[size]
    In the AdSense code at Google you have
    google_ad_client = "pub-2675011994123048"; <- publisher ID
    google_ad_slot = "8925899735"; <- advert ID

your publisher id starts with pub-
    your advert id is the google_ad_slot

You can have 2 Adsense units per page, so advert id1 and 2 are from different ad units.

Mark[/size]

your-tel03-31-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 7496)
    In the AdSense code at Google you have
    google_ad_client = "pub-2675011994123048"; <- publisher ID
    google_ad_slot = "8925899735"; <- advert ID

your publisher id starts with pub-
    your advert id is the google_ad_slot

You can have 2 Adsense units per page, so advert id1 and 2 are from different ad units.

Mark

[size]
    Hi Mark

Thanks for your swift response

I have added id + advert id as stated, and get the red error box at the top of Control Panel saying (You are not allowed to create a AdSense record.)

Any Ideas ?

Regards[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-31-2010 12:35 PM

Bulk AdSense Support

We're very happy to see the .tel platform supporting AdSense. To make it easier to manage Google ads in bulk, we've introduced another free productivity tool:

.Tel Bulk AdSense Manager.

This tool allows owners with large domain assets to quickly populate select pages with AdSense units. A link to the tools is found at www.ads4.tel, while tips and step-by-step instructions for AdSense is found at http://google-adsense-tips-for-dot-t...ains.ads4.tel/

Thanks to Jay and Shahid who helped test the tool. They already have a large number of ads active.

Mark and Scott
    www.telmasters.tel

And YES you do need to use your user name and password to use the tool until OpenAuth is available.

http://www.mytel.me/images/dot-tel-adsense-manager.png

tel4rent03-31-2010 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
    Hello all,

Great news and happy to see this new feature implemented. Mark, you step by step setup for google adsense is very well done. Thanks!

@ telnic,

When i try to add a google adsense record, i get the following error " you are not allowed to enter a google adsense record". Any reasons?

Thanks

boracay.tel03-31-2010 12:36 PM

Mark, your FAQs page at ads4.tel is brilliant.
    Thank you
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Tel Domains and Google Ad Sense Empty Re: Tel Domains and Google Ad Sense

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-31-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by your-tel (Post 7497)
    Hi Mark

I have added id + advert id as stated, and get the red error box at the top of Control Panel saying (You are not allowed to create a AdSense record.)

Any Ideas ?

Regards

[size]
    Yes, you have to wait until later today when your registrar updates their CTH software.
    Mark[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-31-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by your-tel (Post 7497)
    Hi Mark

Any Ideas ?

Regards

[size]
    Yes, you have to wait until later today when your registrar updates their CTH software to allow manual insertion.
    Mark[/size]

Aled03-31-2010 01:00 PM

We have some FAQs regarding AdSense on http://telnic.org/community-faq.html. Please note especially the point regarding Registrars needing to activate Adsense for their specific partition. It may be worth contacting your registrar directly to see if they are in the process of doing this.

your-tel03-31-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 7502)
    Yes, you have to wait until later today when your registrar updates their CTH software to allow manual insertion.
    Mark

[size]
    I see :mad: 
    Guess it will be a long afternoon !! Enough time for me to look at your new Bulk AdSense Manager tool.

Looks Great[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-31-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by your-tel (Post 7504)
    I see :mad: 
    Guess it will be a long afternoon !! Enough time for me to look at your new Bulk AdSense Manager tool.

Looks Great

[size]
    You'll need an unlock code via the instructions but don't wait to link back. Just shoot off an email to get the code to get started. The reason for unlock codes is to help create links and links help spread the word about tel domains.
    Mark[/size]

telrific03-31-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 7499)
    Hello all,

Great news and happy to see this new feature implemented. Mark, you step by step setup for google adsense is very well done. Thanks!

@ telnic,

When i try to add a google adsense record, i get the following error " you are not allowed to enter a google adsense record". Any reasons?

Thanks

[size]
    I had exactly the same result - not working ....

:confused:[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-31-2010 02:47 PM

re: CTH error "You are not allowed to enter a google adsense record". 

Contact your registrar and let them follow the instructions Telnic sent them. I've already contacted Name.com and they are looking into it at the senior level.
    Mark

Update: Name.com now working with adsense

tel4rent03-31-2010 05:01 PM

Hi All,

it is working now...Well at least i am not getting the error. I am just waiting to see if the ad will appear properly.

Be well

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-31-2010 05:39 PM

Quick Update now supports insertion of AdSense units into all subdomains beneath the specified domain. Prior to this it was only inserting into the current domain.
    Mark

tel4rent03-31-2010 05:47 PM

It is working fine. The ads are appearing beautifully text, and pictures. 

As for the link ads, it looks a bit "ugly". The box is much larger than the links although i tried different size. I was hoping to use it more to reduce loading time.

Another good thing, once you ad sense code is entered...just visit the subdomains and press google adsense then ok. It will apply. However, you can not have different ad units for different pages...i guess.

Be well.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-31-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 7511)

Another good thing, once you ad sense code is entered...just visit the subdomains and press google adsense then ok. It will apply. However, you can not have different ad units for different pages...i guess.

Be well.

[size]
    The ads are automatically inserted into all subdomains as well. You only need to insert once at the root domain level to get the same ad units across the board. I don't think you need to do it again at the subdomains.
    Mark[/size]

Gav03-31-2010 07:40 PM

Hi Guys

Should google adsense now be in the tel control panel for all .tel users or is this still a 3rd party tool and im missing something ?

I cannot see anywhere to add google adsense in my .tel control panel.

Regards

Gav

Aled03-31-2010 07:46 PM

Have you looked in "Settings", Gav?

your-tel03-31-2010 08:19 PM

Dynadot Adsense

Dynadot control panel still showing error in Adsense "You are not allowed to enter a google adsense record"

Very Frustrating

tel4rent03-31-2010 10:42 PM

True Mark...it applies to all sub-domains.

Otherwise this not a third party tool. Directly from your very own domain name.

Any suggestion for ad links...

Gav03-31-2010 11:25 PM

Thanks Aled

Im sure I looked there a few hours ago and could not see it, however it is there now and I have set one up in under a minute.

Great work Telnic, it's a great addition to our .tels regardless of if they make us £1 or £1000.

Regards

Gav

JLouisBiz03-31-2010 11:28 PM

Google Adsense is in general a good advertising network.

I don't know in what amount Google Adsense is good as a general option for TEL domain owners, as it is not connected to "contact information", so it has a quite different purpose. 

By the way, I am willing to pay £1 per TEL domain for advertising on all pages.

Aled04-01-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by your-tel (Post 7515)
    Dynadot control panel still showing error in Adsense "You are not allowed to enter a google adsense record"

Very Frustrating

[size]
    Have you contacted Dynadot to request they activate the service? Do you know if this is in the process of being implemented?[/size]

your-tel04-01-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 7532)
    Have you contacted Dynadot to request they activate the service? Do you know if this is in the process of being implemented?

[size]
    Hi Aled

Yes I have sent them an email, still waing for a reply.

Would it be possible for the Telnic team to contact them?

Regards[/size]

Undermoose04-02-2010 12:28 AM

I believe this is something for the domainer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 7523)
    Google Adsense is in general a good advertising network.

I don't know in what amount Google Adsense is good as a general option for TEL domain owners, as it is not connected to "contact information", so it has a quite different purpose. 

By the way, I am willing to pay £1 per TEL domain for advertising on all pages.

[size]
    JLouisBiz, you're right, Adsense has no place in a pure contact info service.

The truth is that the purpose for .tel includes verbage for example, managing/offering a directory as an option. There's the rub, you've just hopped the fence into commercial services and natually advertizing makes a lot of sense in that light.

I believe traditional phone books offer "advertizing" in the form of larger space, bold, or flyers.

I think if .tel continues to expand built in user options to enhance visibility, perhaps as example a cross .tel domain banner, or other "widgets", it will steer .tel away from old fashioned static content.[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

JLouisBiz04-02-2010 09:00 AM

I like TEL's "related links", and I think calling it "related links" is better than "advertising", as you can place a lot of content on those TEL based advertising spaces. Obviously that content is indexed, contributes to search engine ranking greatly.

Adsense cannot be printed to contribute to the printed content of TEL, as you never know what adsense will appear on the page. While "related links" are simply static content. They can contribute to the domain name holder.

Anyway, Adsense is good for some people, minority. While majority, using Adsense, will get too little bucks for too much energy spent.

Most of all, people shall realize that TEL domains are like an entry in the global super phone book, just like advertised. Information is readable from DNS directly. 

Building future on TEL shall be built by its specific TEL domain basic principles, not by the traditional .COM and website principles.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 5:14 am