The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Blank line in text header

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Blank line in text header Empty Blank line in text header

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 5:39 am

DirectoryDan01-12-2011 06:45 PM

Blank line in text header

Does anyone know how to insert a blank line into the text header? I've tried non-breaking spaces (  and  ) and both display as-is.

Aled01-13-2011 10:36 AM

Hi DirectoryDan,

Is this a line break between text that you're looking to add, or just a line break in an empty text header so that following content is moved down?

DirectoryDan01-13-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 12179)
    Hi DirectoryDan,

Is this a line break between text that you're looking to add, or just a line break in an empty text header so that following content is moved down?

[size]
    This would be to place a blank line between 2 paragraphs so that they have a little space between them.[/size]

Aled01-14-2011 02:59 PM

I'm afraid it's not currently possible to include additional line breaks in this way. As I'm sure you have seen, any additional breaks you do add get stripped out.

mikeseaton01-14-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirectoryDan (Post 12167)
    Does anyone know how to insert a blank line into the text header? I've tried non-breaking spaces (  and ) and both display as-is.

[size]
    This facility used to be available some months ago - the text header on my site http://domains123.tel always had a space line (which still exists in the edit box in the CTH) between:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Be the market leader in your business area with a descriptive domain name relating to your product or service.

All domain names listed for sale (.com, .co, .net, .tel and .mobi) are available for immediate transfer by escrow.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It disappeared in a software update - I'm hoping it will re-appear with the new release of the control panel.

The only workaround at the moment is to do what http://georgemoen.tel does - put a dot at the beginning of a line. Not perfect - but better than extensive text with no spacing at all.

Mike Seaton[/size]

DirectoryDan01-14-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 12208)
    It disappeared in a software update - I'm hoping it will re-appear with the new release of the control panel.

[size]
    I agree. This should be a simple fix if it existed before.

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 12207)
    I'm afraid it's not currently possible to include additional line breaks in this way. As I'm sure you have seen, any additional breaks you do add get stripped out.

[size]
    Aled, can this get placed "on the list". If it's easy to restore the blank line capability I'd recommend doing it sooner vs. later as appearance of the .TEL sites is psychologically important when it comes to people's impression of them. I'm not sure whether other fields have the same problem but there should be a blank line capability wherever possible. Thanks.[/size]

Aled01-17-2011 09:45 AM

Sure Dan, I've added it to "the list", so it' potential as a development item can be discussed by the management and development teams. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cedric01-27-2011 05:09 AM

Space Character in Chinese

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirectoryDan (Post 12167)
    Does anyone know how to insert a blank line into the text header? I've tried non-breaking spaces (  and *) and both display as-is.

[size]
    Hi DirectoryDan,

An amazing information for you!!!!!!

Instead of "non-breaking spaces", you can try this "Chinese Space" ====> " ".

See an example: http://cedric.isme.tel/
    [/size]
    Cedric is me!
    此页面为我的通信联系方式:

可下载添加到手机名片。
    添加到Outlook联系人。
    [size]

Another one: http://swisso.tel/
    [/size]
    This is a personal site for keepin' touch with friends.

above a Blank line in text header test

above a Blank line in text header test

dottel.net01-27-2011 12:25 PM

interesting - good find

DirectoryDan01-27-2011 07:29 PM

Cedric,
    Good work-around. Thanks!!

It took me some time to get the "Chinese space" to work on my site (Catalina.tel) since I don't have the ability to just press a key on my non-Chinese keyboard. Here's the way I found to do it. Please, if anyone has a simpler way jump in!

- Go to http://www.fileformat.info/tip/micro...er_unicode.htm, download the small utility at the top of the page, and run it.

- Place your cursor at the point where you want the blank line to be in your .tel page header.

- Press ALT and the + key by the number pad ( NOT above = ).

- A small window from the utility you just installed will pop up with a U+ and a field for entering the hex code that you want entered.

- Type 3000 (the hex code for the Chinese space) into the box and click "Enter". This will insert the Chinese space where you wanted. You won't see anything visible but a space will be there.

If you look at the source code for the page, you'll see "

" at the location of the Chinese space. I tried just entering   into the header on my .tel page but the code displays, not the space. Not sure why. Maybe someone else will know and have a simpler approach.

Dan

dottel.net01-27-2011 11:23 PM

doesn't a simple and copy and paste of the character work from Cedric's example above?

What happens when you copy the character and just try and paste it in?

DirectoryDan01-28-2011 12:16 AM

Dottel, I tried your suggestion and the copy and paste did work. I have to say, that's a lot simpler than my method on the initial implementation. After that I'd say the two methods are about even. The last entry (in our case the 3000) stays in the textbox of the utility so using it is a matter of click the mouse where you want the line break, hit ALT+ and the window pops up, click"Send" on the popup to apply the character.

Regardless of how you do it, it's definitely worth doing. The extra space between paragraphs looks so much better!

mikeseaton01-28-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cedric (Post 12336)
    Instead of "non-breaking spaces", you can try this "Chinese Space" ====> " ".

[size]
    Thanks Cedric for a great tip - copy/paste of the above worked perfectly to insert a blank header line in http://Domains123.tel andhttp://MikeSeaton.tel

Mike Seaton[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 1:50 am