The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Mikes Auction For Domains 123 question

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Mikes Auction For Domains 123 question Empty Mikes Auction For Domains 123 question

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 5:48 am

teltheworld02-12-2011 09:05 PM

Mikes Auction For Domains 123 question

With Mikes permission:

This question may be of interest to all Forum members.

Having looked at Mikes Auction for Domains 123 currently running on Sedo I would like to ask Mike if this was a Standard Listing or a Premium Listing?

As there is also room to include a description, which I haven't seen before.

Over to you Mike.

mikeseaton02-13-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 12748)
    With Mikes permission:

This question may be of interest to all Forum members.

Having looked at Mikes Auction for Domains 123 currently running on Sedo I would like to ask Mike if this was a Standard Listing or a Premium Listing?

As there is also room to include a description, which I haven't seen before.

Over to you Mike.

[size]
    Hi Teltheworld,

Re: Domains 123 Auction - http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1706

The concept of a "Premium" domain on Sedo is only really applicable when you submit it for a premium auction and it is accepted - a premium auction being one that can start below the reserve price.

NB. There are also Brokerage, Top and Showcase domains but I don't want to over-complicate this post.

So Domains 123 was just a normal domain listed on Sedo but I got it accepted for a "Premium" auction - hence bidding started below the reserve price.

Most domains are sold via "Marketplace" auctions - where you accept a bid to start the auction and this bid becomes the reserve price - so you are guaranteed a sale provided the buyer doesn't default on payment. 

The link Auction Types shows the different Sedo auction types - the ones where the criteria is "Quality" are what I am referring to by "Premium".

There is also useful info on Sell Domains - click "Create new account" (in green box on top right of screen) if you haven't already got a Sedo account.

To add a description to a Sedo domain for sale, login to your account and click "My Sedo", "My Domains" and then the domain name itself - you will see a box labelled "Offer Description".

Best of luck - remember Fixed Price domains sell easier than Make Offer according to Sedo stats. The problem is getting the Fixed Price right !

Mike Seaton[/size]

teltheworld02-13-2011 01:01 AM

Hi Mike

Thank you for that clear and concise explanation but any thoughts on whether to actually 'Park' a TLD on Sedo's server or just leave it on 'Market Place' assuming that you cannot get it into a 'Premium Auction'

Also if you leave it on 'Market Place' when a 'Potential buyer' clicks it, do they get taken to your Web Page, or do they just see the 'stats'?

Domains 123 is a really great name, no wonder potential buyers keep eying it up.

Best of luck Mike

mikeseaton02-13-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 12750)
    Thank you for that clear and concise explanation but any thoughts on whether to actually 'Park' a TLD on Sedo's server or just leave it on 'Market Place' assuming that you cannot get it into a 'Premium Auction'

[size]
    Re parking or not, when you have a domain for sale, I tend these days to try and develop a domain (time permitting) rather than just park it.

You can usually generate more revenue by developing and using affiliate programs such as Amazon, eBay, Commission Junction, TradeDoubler, as well as the ubiquitous AdSense.

You also can generate free traffic to your domain by coding pages to satisfy long-tail searches e.g. "bayliner cierra boats for sale in long island usa" - it's a lot easier to get your site ranked high in organic seo for such a specific search - parked domains don't usually rank well, if at all, for such searches.

Having said that, Sedo parked pages, which have a lot of design choices, fulfil a very useful function in enabling you to do something with a domain while you consider it's future - here's a couple of my domains parked at Sedo as examples - http://IdealRental.com &http://DubaiPrestige.com

Another thing to be aware of is that by parking at Sedo (with a fixed price and category 1 TLD) you don't have to pay a minimum commission - just the percentage (see http://tinyurl.com/SedoCommission). Also, the Sedo offer page gives the trafffic to your domain name (non-parked domains will just show traffic to the Sedo offer page, not the domain name).

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 12750)
    Also if you leave it on 'Market Place' when a 'Potential buyer' clicks it, do they get taken to your Web Page, or do they just see the 'stats'?

[size]
    Re clicking on your domain in Sedo's MarketPlace it will go to your Sedo offer page containing the stats.

Hope this helps.

Mike Seaton[/size]

teltheworld02-13-2011 10:32 PM

Hi Mike

Thank you very much for that very useful info good luck with your Sale of Domains 123

Now if only I could get Sedo's interface to display at full size!

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 7:43 am