The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

How do I remove duplicate entries ?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

How do I remove duplicate entries ? Empty How do I remove duplicate entries ?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 6:42 am

iverjam07-08-2011 10:30 AM

How do I remove duplicate entries ?

I have been practising with telmasters bulk upload tool and unfortunately created 5 duplicate sub-folders. I have tried using the !DELETE and even the !DELETEALL directives but to no avail. The entries under the folder I have been trying to delete seem to have been successfully removed but the top one finance.navan.tel refuses to budge. I have waited for over two days in case this was simply a timing issue but nothing so far. From the reports given from the script I think the actual folder (subdomain?) is removed but a reference to it still displays five times on the navan.tel page. Thanks to anyone who can explain what is going on here and how I can rectify it.

dottel.net07-08-2011 10:40 AM

Welcome to the forum! 

Believe the tool owner is on holiday, but here's how you can fix:

there's two important concepts to note here:
    1. Folder references - links to any folders you may create
    2. Actual folder 

When you create and delete an actual folder as you describe it doesn't remove any references to it from other folders.

To remove these references you need to remove the naptr records in the folder in question. In your case you need to remove any records in navan.tel that reference finance.navan.tel
    This can be easily done using the standard control panel.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-08-2011 11:02 AM

Hi, still on holidays and once per day visit here if i am lucky but with CTH you can delete what are probaby the GOTO record links,
    mark

iverjam07-08-2011 12:00 PM

Hi Guys, thanks for the instant response. I'll check it out on the .tel control panel and fix it from there, this is all very new so I really appreciate the help. Mark, you can disregard the couple of mails I sent you on this, at the time I didn't see the Forum link on the page. ATB, Ivan..

ATB, Ivan

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 4:18 pm