The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Setting Custom Channels for AdSense for Mobile Content

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Setting Custom Channels for AdSense for Mobile Content Empty Setting Custom Channels for AdSense for Mobile Content

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 7:26 am

mikeseaton08-19-2011 03:07 PM

Setting Custom Channels for AdSense for Mobile Content

Is there any way you can set Custom Channels for the newly-implemented AdSense for Mobile Content?

AdSense runs seperate reports, and channels, for "AdSense for Content" and "AdSense for Mobile Content".

I assume what Telnic have done is to take the Publisher ID entered in the CTH for "AdSense for Content" e.g. ca-pub-1234567890123456 and generate the "AdSense for Mobile Content" equivalent of ca-mb-pub-1234567890123456.

But the 2 Advert IDs defined in the CTH, which enable you to specify 1 or more Custom Channels, are for defining the 250x250 pixel "AdSense for Content" ads, not the mobile ones served under "AdSense for Mobile Content".

So it does look as if there is currently no way of defining Custom Channels for Mobile ads - the only workaround is to define all your .tels under the URL Channel heading (max 500).

A question for Telnic - are Custom Channels for AdSense Mobile ads likely to be definable in the future?

Mike Seaton

dottel.net08-19-2011 11:15 PM

am assuming you're asking as you want to be able to track which tel and page on the tel generated the click. this can be done via the advanced reports and displays data via the ad unit name.

i.e. when I look at the report for http://italianrestaurants.tel/ via the ad unit it counts all views as its per unit (mobile and web).

Leskovac09-02-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 16880)
    Is there any way you can set Custom Channels for the newly-implemented AdSense for Mobile Content?

AdSense runs seperate reports, and channels, for "AdSense for Content" and "AdSense for Mobile Content".

I assume what Telnic have done is to take the Publisher ID entered in the CTH for "AdSense for Content" e.g. ca-pub-1234567890123456 and generate the "AdSense for Mobile Content" equivalent of ca-mb-pub-1234567890123456.

But the 2 Advert IDs defined in the CTH, which enable you to specify 1 or more Custom Channels, are for defining the 250x250 pixel "AdSense for Content" ads, not the mobile ones served under "AdSense for Mobile Content".

So it does look as if there is currently no way of defining Custom Channels for Mobile ads - the only workaround is to define all your .tels under the URL Channel heading (max 500).

A question for Telnic - are Custom Channels for AdSense Mobile ads likely to be definable in the future?

Mike Seaton

[size]

Hi Mike,
    I experimented with in small control panel and got the following results.
    1st if you put the mb-pub-(your number) you get Admob ads, but you lose adsense.
    2nd if you put the pub-(your number) you get AdSense ads, but you lose Admob ads.
    Your suggestion is excellent to put in the control panel and a special section for admob ads.

Example with mb-pub(your number) http://www.flickr.com/photos/leskovac/6106199931

Example with pub-(your number) http://www.flickr.com/photos/leskovac/6106020875

How to solve this problem?[/size]

Leskovac09-02-2011 09:20 PM

Problem is solved!

In control panel put this ca-pub-(your number)
    You will have Adsense and Admob ads.
    Cheers!

aliencafe09-02-2011 09:37 PM

I noticed that with Pills.tel the adsense code originally used 1 year ago would not display on mobile.

The Google Adsense manager allows you define that you are using mobile ads now. (which I did not know). 

Important: So when you select mobile ads your new publisher ID will have the MB in it now for mobile, it will then ask you what channel you are using. Since I had not used any mobile ads yet you just Name new mobile channels and select them for use.

Make sense?

Leskovac09-02-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliencafe (Post 17254)
    I noticed that with Pills.tel the adsense code originally used 1 year ago would not display on mobile.

The Google Adsense manager allows you define that you are using mobile ads now. (which I did not know). 

Important: So when you select mobile ads your new publisher ID will have the MB in it now for mobile, it will then ask you what channel you are using. Since I had not used any mobile ads yet you just Name new mobile channels and select them for use.

Make sense?

[size]
    I have not changed the ID, I used to pub-(your number).
    When I put the ca-pub-(your number) I got Admob ads.[/size]

aliencafe09-02-2011 09:55 PM

@leskovac

I started using: ca-mb-pub-(xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) Because use of the other pub-(xxxxxx) did not display.

So when I did start using the mobile ads publisher It had new channels for mobile ads...

I'm not sure if its displaying admob ads or google ads? :-) You could check it here http://waikiki.tel 

Cheers

Leskovac09-02-2011 10:13 PM

@aliencafe

Try to put ca-pub-(your number)
    you will have desktop adsense
    and of course mobile ads, at least I hope so!
    Admob ads (one part Google ads)

Blunderer09-02-2011 11:09 PM

Google ads on desktop and mobile.

Leskovac,

Thank you very much for that advice. Putting ca- before pub- in my Adsense ID number gave an immediate result.

I've only put it on one site just now - I'm off to the Pub before it closes, and I'll raise a glass to you.

Best wishes,

Blunderer09-03-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliencafe (Post 17256)
    @leskovac

I started using: ca-mb-pub-(xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) Because use of the other pub-(xxxxxx) did not display.

So when I did start using the mobile ads publisher It had new channels for mobile ads...

I'm not sure if its displaying admob ads or google ads? :-) You could check it here http://waikiki.tel 

Cheers

[size]
    Hello Aliencafe,

I've just checked out Waikiki.tel and can see an ad on the mobile view but NOT on desktop view so, suggest you delete the mb- element - as Leskovac's advice (assuming you want ads on both).

Another step forward ...![/size]

tel4rent09-03-2011 10:00 PM

Hi All,

i tried the advise below but i still cannot see the Ads. Can you please try it on your mobile and let me know? Really appreciate the help.

the site si buddhabar.tel

Leskovac09-03-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 17279)
    Hi All,

i tried the advise below but i still cannot see the Ads. Can you please try it on your mobile and let me know? Really appreciate the help.

[size]
    Yes, you have mobile ads![/size]

Cees09-04-2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 17279)
    Hi All,

[size]
    Can confirm Lescovac, you have ads.[/size]

tel4rent09-04-2011 01:47 PM

@Leskovac @Cees thank you for your help. That just confirms that Leskovac tips was correct. However, i still cannot see them on my BB.

Did you guys try it on BB or Iphone or Nokia?

Weird and frustrating!!!

TELcp09-04-2011 05:15 PM

Leskovac is Correct.

ca-pub-(your number) works for us.

Cheers!

Blunderer09-04-2011 07:32 PM

In fact, now that I know what I'm looking for, I see that Mike mentioned the magic ca- in his post at the top of this page. So a House Point to him as well.

There are getting to be too many trees in this wood!

Leskovac09-04-2011 08:30 PM

Difference between ca-pub-xxx and pub-xxx

Here are answers to the differences ca-pub and pub- .

AdSense forum http://www.google.com/support/forum/...b93d73a4&hl=en

TELcp09-05-2011 05:46 AM

We have been testing on two tel domains.

In Adsense report we see this as part of contextual ads (within the channel).
    Unfortunately, there is no way of checking whether these impressions/clicks from mobile phones are actually being tracked. We suspect, the impressions what we see in the Adsense report could be only from desktop views. In Adsense Performance Report >> Platforms, so far we have seen only Desktop. 

So, just wondering whether ca-pub (in the CTH) are actually being tracked when displayed (impressions) / clicked from mobile phones.

Any Thoughts/Feedback on this please?

Cheers!

dottel.net09-05-2011 09:28 AM

as mentioned earlier in the thread - you can indeed track the impressions from a mobile device by switching to the advance reports and selecting product type which then breaks it down by actual urls.

TELcp09-05-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 17292)
    as mentioned earlier in the thread - you can indeed track the impressions from a mobile device by switching to the advance reports and selecting product type which then breaks it down by actual urls.

[size]
    Well, the report does display actual URLs (with subdomains in detail).
    But, no way to make out whether the impressions/clicks are from Desktop or Mobile proxy.
    The reason could be that ca-pub does not give a breakdown.
    If you use ca-mb-pub, then no ads on Desktop proxy.
    However, ca-pub is the one that shows ads on both desktop and mobile proxies.

So (with ca-pub), we are not very sure whether our tel domains are displaying mobile ads for free

Thanks for the feedback.[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Setting Custom Channels for AdSense for Mobile Content Empty Re: Setting Custom Channels for AdSense for Mobile Content

dottel.net09-05-2011 10:13 AM

honestly - i still don't understand the confusion.

i've only used the standard pub- url on all my tels and so if I then view the advanced report based on the mobile product the results shown are mobile proxy results as only these are showing the mobile ads. any click/impression shown here are for mobile proxy views only.

TELcp09-05-2011 10:52 AM

The possible reason for mobile ads not being displayed could be that your Adsense Account address is NOT in one of the countries listed for Mobile Content eligibility (at present only 42 countries are eligible - see the list here http://goo.gl/KHwOu ).

Even if you are not in one of those 42 countries, you can still display ads on mobile phones using ca-pub in the CTH.

It is also possible that for those Adsense Accounts outside the eligible countries do not get the the detailed report of impressions/clicks on mobiles.

So, the question is whether you get paid for ad publishing when you use ca-pub and display ads on mobile phones

Thanks for the feedback.

Leskovac09-05-2011 11:25 AM

Here is the answer why you should use a ca-pub ! http://adsenseapi.blogspot.com/2011/...ch-part-3.html

ca-pub = ContentAds
    Here is link http://code.google.com/apis/adsense/..._intro_request

Leskovac09-05-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 17298)
    The possible reason for mobile ads not being displayed could be that your Adsense Account address is NOT in one of the countries listed for Mobile Content eligibility (at present only 42 countries are eligible - see the list herehttp://goo.gl/KHwOu ).

Even if you are not in one of those 42 countries, you can still display ads on mobile phones using ca-pub in the CTH.

It is also possible that for those Adsense Accounts outside the eligible countries do not get the the detailed report of impressions/clicks on mobiles.

So, the question is whether you get paid for ad publishing when you use ca-pub and display ads on mobile phones

Thanks for the feedback.

[size]
    And my site is not in the supported countries for mobile content, but Google mobile ads published in Serbian, although not supported.
    Google mobile ads in Serbia http://www.flickr.com/photos/leskovac/6115955364[/size]

TELcp09-05-2011 12:36 PM

@Leskovac

Thanks for the feedback n info.
    But, is there any proof that these ads displayed using ca-pub in the CTH has generated any income by clicks from Mobile Phones?

BTW, do you have separate channels for mobile ads in your Adsense Acct where you can see the tracking stats of these impressions/click from mobile phones?

We are under the impression that only Mobile ads enabled Adsense Accounts can create mobile ads/custom channels.
    Then these Accounts will display desktop /mobile ads impressions/clicks separately providing a clear picture.

Without separate info, its very hard to say whether these ads really generate any income (even if they are served as contextual content).

Cheers!

TELcp09-06-2011 10:45 AM

We started investigating this issue with two different Adsense Accts (one within the supported countries and the other one outside the supported countries where we used "ca-pub").

The one with "ca-pub" has NOT shown any impressions/clicks from high end mobile devices for the last 48 hrs. Impressions were viewed in different countries (both supported and unsupported).

Has anyone got any better results than us?

Thanks.

Leskovac09-06-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 17307)
    We started investigating this issue with two different Adsense Accts (one within the supported countries and the other one outside the supported countries where we used "ca-pub").

The one with "ca-pub" has NOT shown any impressions/clicks from high end mobile devices for the last 48 hrs. Impressions were viewed in different countries (both supported and unsupported).

Has anyone got any better results than us?

Thanks.

[size]
    This is a screenshot from today's view, see the large number of clicks, but I have no information whether the mobile come with Google ads. But please if someone clicks on this board it does not work, because Page CTR is too big.

Thanks[/size]

TELcp09-06-2011 01:42 PM

@Leskovac, thanks for the feedback.

Sent PM (due to many reasons) on how to check this.

Thanks.

P.S. Please note that the outcome of this investigations will be shared with others. But correspondence until such time will be only by PM. So, please do not misunderstand. Thanks.

TELcp09-07-2011 09:51 AM

Following tests were carried out over a period of 3 days with different accounts (different forum members), with impressions in both supported and unsupported countries to determine if "ca-pub" really works. Unfortunately, it DOESN'T. Worst thing is that you lose tracking of Text Ads on Desktops as well. Results are given below. Please read very carefully.

Test1
    pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    channel 1 - Text Ads only
    channel 2 - image/rich media

Desktop - Text Ads - Visible. Impressions tracked. clicks tracked.
    Img Ads - visible. Impressions tracked. clicks tracked.
    Mobile - Text Ads - NOT visible
    Img Ads - NOT visible

Test2
    ca-pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Desktop - Text Ads - Visible. NOTHING tracked. NOTHING tracked.
    Mobile - Text Ads - visible. NOTHING tracked. NOTHING tracked.
    Img Ads - NOT visible

Conclusion : "ca-pub" in CTH does not work.

Thanks for all who helped us in these tests.

Cheers!

Leskovac09-07-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Test2
    ca-pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Desktop - Text Ads - Visible. NOTHING tracked. NOTHING tracked.
    Mobile - Text Ads - visible. NOTHING tracked. NOTHING tracked.
    Img Ads - NOT visible

Conclusion : "ca-pub" in CTH does not work.

Thanks for all who helped us in these tests.

Cheers!

[size]
    O my site are mobile image ads to be seen but not recorded the click.
    I turned off the Ca-, because I do not want a free Google mobile ads.[/size]

TELcp09-07-2011 10:09 AM

@Telnic

If I am not mistaken, there was a post (under this thread) by Aled posted on the 5th, thanking Mike and Lescovac. The post is not there any more.

+++

Well, this is nobody's fault. 
    We all try to help one another.
    The information supplied by Mike and Lescovac made us to carry out our testing.
    We should of course be thankful to them for providing a lead. Without their information some tel owners would be still displaying Ads without any gain.

It's just that we wanted to investigate deeply to ascertain the outcome by using ca-pub.
    So we have the results. Bad luck. They are not in our favour.

No point in displaying ads for someone else and not getting any income for it. Unless someone just likes to decorate the mobile proxy with G ads.

It's over to you Telnic to investigate further, and if possible communicate directly with Google and find out exactly where we stand on this issue.

Regards

Aled09-07-2011 10:19 AM

Telcp,

I deleted my post a few days ago, as the main content of it was advice that I was giving tel4rent to contact his provider regarding his Blackberry not showing .tel ads. That advice was improved upon later in the thread by Leskovac pointing out that Google Ads only display in some countries which was the more likely cause of his issues. As my advice was outdated I deleted the post. 

I hadn't realised that my thanks to those investigating this strategy was also deleted nor that doing so would cause offence. I do, of course, still thank Mike and Leskovac for looking into this issue and yourself for investigating further.

From the finding you have presented today, it's clear that .tel owners should NOT place ca-pub as their Google Ad ID, but should rather always just us the exact Ad ID that they are given by Google into their .tel if they wish to display Ads on their site.

Blunderer09-07-2011 12:32 PM

So, ... we can use "pub" and get desktop ads or, generate a new "mb-pub" code and maybe get paying mobile ads but, ...we can't get both, since there is no way to enter two different publisher IDs in the CTH?

hmmmm,

so we need another box in the CTH to put mobile ad codes in.

While we're at it, an entry point in the CTH to put user generated ad codes/URL links in would be an asset.

I have just put a mobile code (mb-pub) on www.craft.tel but, I set up a different scheme to the one displayed, and I stated image ads only but a text ad is displayed, and I don't know yet whether it produces any revenue.

dottel.net09-07-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 17297)
    honestly - i still don't understand the confusion.

i've only used the standard pub- url on all my tels and so if I then view the advanced report based on the mobile product the results shown are mobile proxy results as only these are showing the mobile ads. any click/impression shown here are for mobile proxy views only.

[size]
    as posted above - you don't need to enter two codes to get the mobile ads. mobile ads will be served up when a mobile proxy is viewed and can be tracked through the advanced reports.[/size]

Aled09-07-2011 01:40 PM

Blunderer - no, that's not correct. Your CTH has been updated to accept the pub Id you get and use it to display both mobile and dekstop Google Ads. This is actively working for many .tel owners, including dottel.net as described in this thread. If mobile ads do not show when you use this, then it's Google who are not providing you with those ads.

mikeseaton09-07-2011 01:45 PM

Generating AdSense revenue for Mobile & Desktop/Laptop/Tablet devices

I have been able to generate AdSense revenue for both Desktop/Laptop/Tablet 468x60 ads and Mobile 320x50 ads onhttp://domains123.teldial.com using the following logic and code:

Set Variables

PubId = ca-mb-pub-1234567890123456 (if Mobile device)
    PubId = pub-1234567890123456 (if Desktop/Laptop/Tablet device)

NB. Current AdSense format of "ca-pub" not tried for Desktop/Laptop/Tablet since "pub" (original AdSense format) works perfectly on my sites.

TextImage = "text" or "text_image" or "image"

ChannelNo = Channel Number

Code for Mobile

src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_afmc_ads.js">

Code for Desktop/Laptop/Tablet

src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

NB. The coding used for Desktop/Laptop/Tablet is old-style AdSense format (Telnic use the later method with Advert Id) - either method is OK.

Summary

Once I have established whether the device is Mobile or Desktop/Laptop/Tablet applying the above code generates AdSense Revenue and Tracking for both device types on http://domains123.teldial.com and other TelDial Dial-By-Name URLs.

Since the Mobile Publiisher ID can be automatically generated from the Desktop/Laptop/Tablet Publisher ID - which .tel owners will already have input and should start "pub" - the only additional info I believe required via the CTH for "Custom" Mobile Tracking is the Mobile Channel No(s) - you should be able to get "URL" Mobile Tracking already by just specifying the URL in your Mobile AdSense Channel Setup.

Mike Seaton

TELcp09-07-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 17334)
    Blunderer - no, that's not correct. Your CTH has been updated to accept the pub Id you get and use it to display both mobile and dekstop Google Ads. This is actively working for many .tel owners, including dottel.net as described in this thread. If mobile ads do not show when you use this, then it's Google who are not providing you with those ads.

[size]
    The issue we investigated was for countries who do not have Mobile Ads support where Google mobile ads are being served. But their impressions/clicks are not tracked by Google.

Rgds[/size]

mikeseaton09-07-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 17329)
    From the finding you have presented today, it's clear that .tel owners should NOT place ca-pub as their Google Ad ID, but should rather always just us the exact Ad ID that they are given by Google into their .tel if they wish to display Ads on their site.

[size]
    Hi Aled,

Google are currently displaying Publisher IDs as follows on a user's account settings page

AdSense for Content: ca-pub-1234567890123456 
    AdSense for Search: partner-pub-1234567890123456 
    AdSense for Feeds: ca-feed-pub-1234567890123456 
    Google Affiliate Network: ca-affiliate-pub-1234567890123456 
    AdSense for Mobile Content: ca-mb-pub-1234567890123456 
    AdSense for Domains: ca-afdo-pub-1234567890123456

So if a .tel user looks at their AdSense acccount settings page and copy/pastes the AdSense for Content Publisher ID they will input "ca-pub" into their CTH AdSense Settings page rather than the recommended "pub-".

It would be helpful if an advisory note, and also validation code, could be put into the CTH AdSense Settings page to ensure that Publisher ID was always entered starting with "pub-" and not "ca-pub-".

Thanks in anticipation.

Mike Seaton
    [/size]

TELcp09-07-2011 02:41 PM

@mikeseaton

You are absolutely correct.

+++

Google provides different Account Management user Interfaces based on the Address (country) of the Adsense Account.

So, any Account user whose address is outside the countries which has mobile support (see the list here http://goo.gl/KHwOu ) is unable to create Ads for mobile devices. i.e. unable to create ca-mb-pub. If any one uses (or rather adds manually) ca-mb in front of pub (in the CTH), then Google discards them in their impressions/clicks calculations.

Cheers!

TELcp09-07-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 17337)
    Hi Aled,

It would be helpful if an advisory note, and also validation code, could be put into the CTH AdSense Settings page to ensure that Publisher ID was always entered starting with "pub-" and not "ca-pub-".

Thanks in anticipation.

Mike Seaton

[size]
    May I Suggest to Telnic that they re-design the CTH input (if technically possible according to contract with Google), so that the tel Owner can select either ca-pub or ca-mb-pub instead of just "pub". This way everyone will be able to display Adsense irrespective of the country of origin (in the Adsense Address).

Regards[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Setting Custom Channels for AdSense for Mobile Content Empty Re: Setting Custom Channels for AdSense for Mobile Content

mikeseaton09-07-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 17339)
    May I Suggest to Telnic that they re-design the CTH input (if technically possible according to contract with Google), so that the tel Owner can select either ca-pub or ca-mb-pub instead of just "pub".

[size]
    Or change the existing CTH input field so that it will only accept the numeric part of Publisher ID and Telnic add the appropriate prefix as required.

Obviously there would need to be an advisory message so anyone updating their AdSense setup was aware of the change to just numeric Publisher ID, and there would need to be a bit of coding to remove any existing prefix (pub, ca-pub, ca-mb-pub) from the currently entered value before the desktop or mobile proxies used it.

Mike Seaton[/size]

TELcp09-07-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 17342)
    Or change the existing CTH input field so that it will only accept the numeric part of Publisher ID and Telnic add the appropriate prefix as required.
    Mike Seaton

[size]
    Agree with Numeric Only PUB ID.

@telnic

Also you may consider adding a third channel (exclusively for mobile custom channel).
    Otherwise, since Telnic programing cannot identify the country of origin of the PUB ID input, some will lose text ads altogether just like in our Test#2 and Accounts with mobile supported PUB ID's will have text/image on mobile without Ads on Desktop (just like the the situation of waikiki.tel).

Other important thing is that, there's going to be few changes at Adsense after 30th Sept when the AdMob is integrated in to Adsense.

Regards[/size]

Blunderer09-07-2011 09:15 PM

I've got domains with more than one Registrar, and had applied ad units to a few in each. Initially, I used pub on all but, after Leskovac's comment about ca-, I added this to about half of the domains with each registrar. This action immediately made ads visible in mobile view as well as desktop on the domains that I amended. Until this morning, no mobile ads were visible on the domains with just pub.

Following the robust response to my posting above, I accessed my Google account and removed one ad unit from crediton.tel (picked at random) which used the pub code. I then set up a new unit, without custom channels, applied it and - hey presto, mobile ads on ALL domains that used just pub in the code.

I then deleted ca- from a number of the domains that I had changed from just pub at the weekend - mobile ads still visible!

I could spend the next six weeks contemplating the logic in this outturn......

Thank you all for your help.

mikeseaton09-08-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliencafe (Post 17256)

[size]
    Hi Aliencafe,

I've just pulled up http://waikiki.tel on my PC and Google AdSense is NOT displaying ads.

Having had a look at the source code I see you have the AdSense code of
    google_ad_client = "ca-mb-pub-yourpublisher number";

To get AdSense displayed on non-mobile devices you need to change this back to
    google_ad_client = "pub-yourpublisher number";
    by removing the "ca-mb-" prefix you have input into your CTH Publisher ID.

This should also display Mobile ads OK in countries that support Google AdSense for Mobile - see http://goo.gl/KHwOu for list of these countries.

Mike Seaton[/size]

aliencafe09-08-2011 12:43 AM

Mike, totally appreciate the info. I'll make the necessary changes to telhosting and get back to you for a quick test on your end in the UK. 

I had the original pub-xxxxxxxxxxx entered when the mobile ads became live and my original settings would not display after quite a while.. Once I changed to the mb the ads went live immediately on mobile...but apparently not on desktop versions.

thanks again-

D

tindaya09-08-2011 11:52 AM

So:
    pub-yourpublisher number ---->only Desktop
    mb-pub-yourpublisher number -->only mobile
    ca-pub-yourpublisher number---> Desktop + mobile

It´s all right????
    My english is not good, and I haven´t iphone. 

Can someone confirm if this is correct?

Blunderer09-08-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 17349)
    So:
    pub-yourpublisher number ---->only Desktop
    mb-pub-yourpublisher number -->only mobile
    ca-pub-yourpublisher number---> Desktop + mobile

It´s all right????
    My english is not good, and I haven´t iphone. 

Can someone confirm if this is correct?

[size]

Hi Tindaya,

I have been just as confused as you, and have tried various code prefixes because I did not understand the differences between the options.

If you only want mobile ads then use mb-pub-yourpublishernumber.

If you live in an area where Google mobile ads are NOT yet supported then using ca-pub-yourpublishernumber will enable desktop and mobile ads to be displayed (although there may still be some doubt that you will get paid for the ads - see previous posts).

Google mobile ads ARE supported in the countries in the link in this post from Telcp.http://telnic.org/forum/showpost.php...8&postcount=22 This includes Spain. For countries on the list you should use the code pub-yourpublishernumber BUT, it may be a while before they display.

Yesterday, I made a change to one of my ad units - removed one ad unit from a domain and then created a new ad unit, without custom channels, and added to the domain. Immediately, I had desktop AND mobile ads visible on ALL of the domains that I had used the code pub- on (I've since added two custom channels to this new ad unit and it still works).

I don't know why this happened, and I dont know if doing something similar would work for you, or others. It seems to have had the effect of refreshing my Adsense account.

Whatever the reason for the change, Google's list of countries where mobile ads are supported includes the UK, where I live, and I now have desktop and mobile ads using just pub- .

Good luck.[/size]

TELcp02-24-2012 03:48 AM

Hi All,

Just a wake up call re Adsense Mobile Advertising.

Login to your Adsense Account and have a look how changes have taken place with regards to Mobile Ads. It is now available through Adsense for content.

See Mike's post here http://www.telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2584

Cheers!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 3:17 am