The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

google search snippet

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

google search snippet Empty google search snippet

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 8:06 am

boracay.tel12-03-2012 02:35 AM

google search snippet

It appears as though google is now taking its search result snippet from the very top TEXT-AD. anybody else seeing this? if true, then that needs to be changed ASAP (the text ad will change form time to time, but its not relevant to the actual page importance)

Aled, can you refresh us please on what google will take its snippet data from?

Aled12-03-2012 09:39 AM

Boracay,

We label the content in hCard microformat as recommended by Google so that it can categorise and recognise content on the page. Generally we see the title and Header shown in the results snippet. If these are not present then it can become more random in it's content, which is why we recommend that these are populated for every page in a .tel.

supercyberheroes12-03-2012 12:34 PM

@aled
    Just I want to be sure before I proceed, as far as I know we can use telnic videos for our own .tel businesses purposes?
    Example Ben.tel video, can I add my .tel name before or after on that video?

Regards
    http://Ideal.tel

boracay.tel12-03-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 26218)
    Boracay,

Generally we see the title and Header shown in the results snippet.

[size]
    searching for "boracay directory" 
    or searching for "bali directory"

home/main page both of www.Boracay.tel and www.Bali.tel has the data correctly entered (for months) but the snippet is coming from the less important text-ad. not sure what next to try[/size]

Aled12-03-2012 03:36 PM

Supercyberheroes,

You are welcome to use any of the movies on Telnic.org other than the ben.tel movie as you wish to promote your .tel. With regards to the Ben.tel movie, we don't have a commercial license to be able to provide you with the original version to edit. There are of course versions of this movie on the internet which you can use, but if you do make significant changes to it then you could be contacted by the artists, director or music rights owner.

supercyberheroes12-03-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 26221)
    Supercyberheroes,

You are welcome to use any of the movies on Telnic.org other than the ben.tel movie as you wish to promote your .tel. With regards to the Ben.tel movie, we don't have a commercial license to be able to provide you with the original version to edit. There are of course versions of this movie on the internet which you can use, but if you do make significant changes to it then you could be contacted by the artists, director or music rights owner.

[size]
    Thanks Aled I wasn't thinking about Ben, it was an example, I am thinking about this one: http://vimeo.com/39041001

Regards
    http://ideal.tel[/size]

Aled12-04-2012 09:10 AM

I see, yes that one is fine.

dutchstreetdog12-05-2012 02:00 AM

I wounder how i can conect my Google+ account with my DotTel !
    The are providing a snippet of code but it seems usless to use for verivication
    Anybody verivided his DotTel in use with Google+

Current date/time is 2024-05-13, 4:35 am