The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+3
telrific
mikeseaton
Alex
7 posters

New & great features at Telnames

Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

New & great features at Telnames Empty New & great features at Telnames

Post by Alex 2012-09-08, 9:02 pm

This is new:

• If you click the header of any .tel domain from Telnames, you will see the full background picture after.

(Unfortunately an easy to notice link is missing, so only few visitors will find out.)

• After you enabled the full background picture you will see a link "View Content" to get back to the common screen.

(A similar link "View Background" for the first option would be helpful.)

• A new contact type for PDF files was introduced to link to brochures.

These are only small enhancements, but with great benefit. Very nice ideas!

Differently than in former times Telnic / Telnames don’t give any notice about improvements anymore, so .tel domain owners have to find out themselves.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

New & great features at Telnames Empty Re: New & great features at Telnames

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-09, 7:55 am

TelTalk wrote:These are only small enhancements, but with great benefit. Very nice ideas!
    Agreed - this re-enforces my view that the only real enhancements and internet marketing from now on will be for the Telnames single-page template.

Here's an example of the 2 new features at http://SheriffLodge.tel

- the "Our Brochure" link goes to a PDF document

- clicking the header shows the full background image but on the PC I am using (Windows running IE7) there is NOTHING to tell you this facility is available !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-09, 8:09 am

Very nice ideas indeed !

It's great to see the positive improvements - simple, intelligent, valuable, and generally useful to visitors and owners.

Can't wait to see if a real Directory evolves for "Telnames only" as the same simple, intelligent value to mass users !

Last edited by telrific on 2012-09-09, 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-09, 8:11 am

Also, good to see that "gross incompetence" is not Telnic-wide !
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-09, 8:17 am

telrific wrote:Can't wait to see if a real Directory evolves for "Telnames only" as the same simple, intelligent value to mass users !
    @telrific

What are the key features (in terms of search parameters and directory structure) that you would like to see in this ?

telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-09, 9:10 am

mikeseaton wrote:
    telrific wrote:Can't wait to see if a real Directory evolves for "Telnames only" as the same simple, intelligent value to mass users !
    @telrific

What are the key features (in terms of search parameters and directory structure) that you would like to see in this ?

I don't need to provide specifics to answer this question, a general understanding is the key here, so here's the answer if you're really interested:

The same as any other intelligent directory that is registrant and user focused ... as follows:

1. Registration (.tel domain name 2nd level tld) with intelligent structure.

2. Registrant Directory (.tel domain name 2nd level tld) with intelligent results structure.

Intelligent - having a good understanding or a high mental capacity.

For a good understanding and a high mental capacity concerning .tel and TelPages and the masses, consider the following:

Question: What is the simple reality of what anyone does when they act in any capacity ?

Answer: They use their senses. (sight, smell, sound, touch, taste)

Question: What is applicable to .tel and TelPages in this sense ?

Answer: Sight and sound, with touch as a response mechanism.

Question: What additional element is applicable to how people act and/or react ?

Answer: Time.

Intelligence that is then applicable to .tel and TelPages:

(sight+sound+touch) / time = action and/or reaction

Question: What is .tel and TelPages supposed to represent ?

Answer: Fast, accessible profile and contact information.

Question: Looking at this forum, does the directory of registered users for TelTalk.org above accomplish the necessity of sight and/or sound and/or touch to provide fast, accessible profile and contact information for registrants and visitors ?

Answer: Yes, generally speaking it is not grossly incompetent at accomplishing it's purpose.

Question: Do .tel and TelPages, the number 1 and number 2 primary reasons for Telnic's existence, accomplish the necessity of sight and/or sound and/or touch to provide fast, accessible profile and contact information for registrants and visitors ?

Answers:

standard .tel: No, generally speaking it does not, 3rd party tools aid the effort, but the standard is grossly inadequate.
    Telnames: Yes, almost completely.
    TelPages: No, not even close.

Specifics are not necessary, general competence is. Go from there. Telnames is proof that it can be done intelligently.

What we don't want is exactly what has evolved before Telnames, piles of complicated garbage with minimal value in maximum time that is a complete deterrence to the rule: maximum sight and/or sound value with minimal touch in minimal time.

Simply put: Maximum (General) information in Minimal time with Minimal work.

Anything beyond this is a website and website search engine function using 1400+ other tlds and other SE's.

Last edited by telrific on 2012-09-09, 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-09-09, 9:49 am

That background click is great for everyone, including people doing daily comics which I guess they'll be able to upload from a telnames app? or pulled from an rss? perhaps some image hosting site thus making .tel a true cache of your latest stuff or just uploaded by sending an email to telnames? like we can email https://twitpic.com/photos/Fustachio which posts to twitter on our behalf so maybe that would be a partnership to approach for telnames to let these popular services do the processing aka we email twitpic anyway but instead of just updating our twitter it syncs the pic with the telnames api and sets it as a background.
    Eg if say you use your phone to store your portable work as most phones now replace usb sticks to some degree with tech professionals at least for hands on day to day projects that don't need much storage, aka they might store a new comic page, drawings, or just regular photos to update services like twitter and facebook, so I really like this simple idea I just would like it too like stated above be easer to understand with some kinda corner icon, and perhaps telnames partnering with all of twitters image hosting services to update the backgrounds if we tick to allow it.
    This could be expanded to presentation style, aka you must have all seen the backgrounds where they are framed by polaroids so to telnames could process them into a background of multiple polaroid shots like a spread of cards updating the latest pic aka merging it into the background while keeping 5 ish of the previous shots synced with them.
    And PDF? OMG awesome so not just brochures but portfolios? is it just a contact type? I need to check it out, it would be nice if that link opened as a framed popup like with youtube or the pics or something so we can flick through stuff/pages.
    ixida
    ixida

Post by ixida 2012-09-09, 2:57 pm

TelTalk wrote:
    • If you click the header of any .tel domain from Telnames, you will see the full background picture after.

(Unfortunately an easy to notice link is missing, so only few visitors will find out.)

• After you enabled the full background picture you will see a link "View Content" to get back to the common screen.

(A similar link "View Background" for the first option would be helpful.)
    Could we have an option at the control panel of Telnames
    to choose between the background and content display
    as standard view?
    This way I could upload a background picture which includes a compilation of text and other items
    according to my own ideas
    without displaying my contact data in the first step.
    ntervu
    ntervu
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by ntervu 2012-09-09, 6:40 pm

Good stuff in this thread. Incompetence does not exist on either side. It is apparent that passion for success of the .Tel platform is. The Telnames variation definitely offers a turnkey solution for those looking for an OTB hybrid for today collaborative web.
    DonaldDuck
    DonaldDuck

Post by DonaldDuck 2012-09-14, 8:02 pm

To get the background view I have to click exactly on the small header. That's very tricky. If I wouldn't have read it here, I would have never found out.
    Why the background view doesn't appear if I click on the background picture?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-15, 8:28 am

DonaldDuck wrote:To get the background view I have to click exactly on the small header. That's very tricky. If I wouldn't have read it here, I would have never found out.
    Why the background view doesn't appear if I click on the background picture?
    Good Question !

That would be an intuitive solution and might avoid the need to add "View Background" text to the header (although personally I would still like this text to be added).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 1:25 am