The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+2
maxi
Alex
6 posters

Would you pay a higher price if you could get subdomains / folders at Telnames?

Poll

Would you pay a higher price if you could get subdomains / folders at Telnames?

[ 0 ]
    Would you pay a higher price if you could get subdomains / folders at Telnames? Bar_left0%Would you pay a higher price if you could get subdomains / folders at Telnames? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Would you pay a higher price if you could get subdomains / folders at Telnames? Bar_left88%Would you pay a higher price if you could get subdomains / folders at Telnames? Bar_right [88%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Would you pay a higher price if you could get subdomains / folders at Telnames? Bar_left12%Would you pay a higher price if you could get subdomains / folders at Telnames? Bar_right [12%] 

Total Votes: 8
    Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Would you pay a higher price if you could get subdomains / folders at Telnames? Empty Would you pay a higher price if you could get subdomains / folders at Telnames?

Post by Alex 2012-09-20, 3:40 pm

How important are subdomains or folders for you?

Please leave the number of subdomains (e. g. 3, 5, 100, or 3000 subdomains) for your vote ignored.

But of course you can express your wishes in this topic.

Last edited by TelTalk on 2012-09-20, 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Would you pay a higher price if you could get subdomains / folders at Telnames? Empty Re: Would you pay a higher price if you could get subdomains / folders at Telnames?

Post by maxi 2012-09-20, 4:01 pm

I would vote for the fourth answer: "No, I would stick to the current version of Telnic with its 3000 subdomains".

Because besides of folders, the number of contact is also important. 20 contacts per folder is too little. 100 contacts is OK.

P.S.
    Without subfolders there is no sence to have an option to place Ads at your TEL. Because Ads need traffic. No subdomains, no traffic, no earnings from Ads. The same matter, I think, is with Affiliate Program also.

Last edited by maxi on 2012-09-20, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alex
    Admin

Would you pay a higher price if you could get subdomains / folders at Telnames? Empty Re: Would you pay a higher price if you could get subdomains / folders at Telnames?

Post by Alex 2012-09-20, 4:04 pm

maxi wrote:I would vote for the fourth answer: "No, I would stick to the current version of Telnic with its 3000 subdomains".
    Isn't that the same as answer two?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-09-20, 4:07 pm

TelTalk wrote:
    maxi wrote:I would vote for the fourth answer: "No, I
    would stick to the current version of Telnic with its 3000
    subdomains".
    Isn't that the same as answer two?
    The number of contacts is also important. Answer Nr.2 means current 20 contacts per folder at Telnames. So for me it is not the same.

Besides, when choosing there you keep your domains, not only price and services count but also the reputation of registrar is very important. With all due respect to Telnames, but they yet have any reputation as registrars. Later, with time passed, they, I hope, will get it.

Last edited by maxi on 2012-09-20, 4:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-09-20, 4:11 pm

maxi wrote:The number of contacts is also important. Answer Nr.2 means current 20 contacts per folder at Telnames. So for me it is not the same.

Besides, reputation of registrar is important. With all due respect to Telnames, but they yet have any reputation as registrars.
    I see!

Thank you for the explanation!
    Telnamer
    Telnamer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telnamer 2012-09-20, 4:35 pm

maxi wrote:With all due respect to Telnames, but they yet have any reputation as registrars.
    Telnames is the same company as Telnic. What is wrong with their reputation?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-09-20, 5:15 pm

Telnamer wrote:
    maxi wrote:With all due respect to Telnames, but they yet have any reputation as registrars.
    Telnames is the same company as Telnic. What is wrong with their reputation?
    Telnic says that Telnames is not the same as Telnic. Telnames is a new company.

As I know, a person, or a company, or a bank acquires reputation only after a period of time. Reputation is a delicate thing, something in a kind of Japanese bonsai-tree. It can grow only with time. It is impossible to establish a new company and at once to acquire a reputation for it. So I say that in my opinion they have not a reputation yet.
    telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-20, 5:19 pm

You forgot a choice:

I would give up on .tel altogether if subdomains are added to mess with Telnames.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-09-20, 5:22 pm

telrific wrote:You forgot a choice:

I would give up on .tel altogether if subdomains are added to mess with Telnames.
    I guess that would be the same as answer three!
    telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-20, 5:28 pm

TelTalk wrote:I guess that would be the same as answer three!

Answer 3 is what we have now, no higher price for subdomains.

Dropping if subdomains are offered is answer 4 (missing) !
    telrific
    telrific
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by telrific 2012-09-20, 5:34 pm

There are over 100 registrars to appeal to for Templates with subdomains.

There is only one Registrar that is not screwed up with subdomains.

If Telnames offers subdomains, that makes zero Registrars.

Who can't see that there is just no reason for Telnames to do it ?

Just to get more registrations ?

They have made the choice to focus on quality over quantity.

It would take a fool to take the subdomain bait for quantity.

Duh.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-09-20, 5:48 pm

I have deleted the multiple votes from identical people for the poll above.

To ensure a more realistic outcome of polls guests are not allowed voting from now on.

After processed correction this rule applies also for the poll above.

Last edited by TelTalk on 2012-09-20, 6:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-20, 6:05 pm

telrific wrote:There are over 100 registrars to appeal to for Templates with subdomains.

There is only one Registrar that is not screwed up with subdomains.

If Telnames offers subdomains, that makes zero Registrars.

Who can't see that there is just no reason for Telnames to do it ?
    I agree with Telrific - Telnames will not (and should not) offer subdomains, period !

So if you want subdomains you have to stick with the original Telnic offering, just don't IMO expect any significant development or marketing of this style of .tel to take place.

Also don't expect to sell a Telnic subdomain-style .tel for anything other than peanuts - newbies who come across .tel for the first time are likely to assume that promo domains like http://Ben.tel and http://YourBusiness.tel define the .tel product.

Just stating the ******* obvious - as John Cleese of Monty Python fame would say !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Telnamer
    Telnamer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telnamer 2012-09-20, 9:21 pm

As I wrote in another post subdomains are a requirement for a full service of any website.
    SMBs must have the ability to present descriptions about their company, products, team, testimonials and philosophy nicely arranged.
    Telnames doesn't need to provide 3,000 subfolders like Telnic.
    The ability for only 3 or 5 subfolders would help a lot and would enable adequate websites for all customers of Telnames.
    Some companies certainly need a little bit more space to present information about their business.
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-09-21, 8:14 am

Only if they have a dual pricing structure setup, aka I want to use the marketed one page one then I pay the current price, though If I choose to want more sub domains then I buy access to them individually as an addon, the max being up to 5 as those are for staff etc that do need to be contacted.

However if they have their own .tel I don't see the point of having sub domains and limited to 5 is not really able to be developed much, but if you're focusing on quality content then 5 out of the original 3000? that's regularly updated with new content that Google and search engines like it's going to be much easier to manage than 3000 that in a sense requires massive investment to get/dev/maintain data.

But it should be on another theme, with backgrounds and all other features so that you don't increase my fees for addons that I and others don't need to buy by having them forced on us you might price me out of owning a .tel, but you still can get what you need but you shouldn't expect to get the telnames theme with a forced price increase for everyone.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2012-09-22, 5:01 am

fustachio.tel wrote:...having sub domains and limited to 5 is not really able to be developed much, but if you're focusing on quality content then 5 out of the original 3000? that's regularly updated with new content that Google and search engines like it's going to be much easier to manage than 3000 that in a sense requires massive investment to get/dev/maintain data.
    Do you mean that having only 5 subdomains instead of 3000 it would be better for search engines rankings?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 11:01 am