The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

3 posters

Telnic.tel - what is going on with these changes ?

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

Telnic.tel - what is going on with these changes ?  Empty Telnic.tel - what is going on with these changes ?

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-25, 9:48 am

I wanted to chase up my Affiliate Program application as nothing has happened since my "welcome mike, we are reviewing your application manually" email last Thursday.

So I entered http://Telnic.tel and would have then selected the Management page (remember Telnic and Telnames use the same key staff, offices, etc) but IT'S GONE !

This easy way of phoning Telnic/Telnames staff members direct is no more, ceased to be, dead as a parrot (apologies to John Cleese's classic sketch).

You now have a support page at http://support.telnic.tel, and the Registry page does NOT refer to Telnic at all, but to Neustar - see http://registry.support.telnic.tel

What is going on with these changes ?

I do wish Telnic/Telnames would keep it's loyal supporters in the loop !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Telnic.tel - what is going on with these changes ?  Empty Re: Telnic.tel - what is going on with these changes ?

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-25, 10:11 am

And here's the Neustar web site http://www.neustar.biz specified in the email address on http://registry.support.telnic.tel

I'm confused by all this - maybe there is a straightforward simple explanation - would love to hear it !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

PS. Neustar have been involved at the backend of .tel for several years, but this is a big step up, and for Telnic a step down, in the running of the .tel registry, and of course a switch in registry support from the UK to the USA.

Last edited by mikeseaton on 2012-09-25, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added ps)
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Telnic.tel - what is going on with these changes ?  Empty Re: Telnic.tel - what is going on with these changes ?

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-09-25, 10:19 am

Because take a look at what happened over the last 2+ years? we focused on asking telnic to make changes to it's public offering, when in fact we should have been focusing on the registrar that sold us the domains aka like name.com to offer us a better system.

I was and still am severely disappointed in domainmonster, I felt they took us the dottel community for a ride by taking charge in promoting and becoming the biggest regiatar then doing nothing about it, that's not leadership I like I however don't know about you but as most dumped and or moved to name.com I think we/they spoke with our feet with regards to what we expect.

However I still don't see ANY movement from name.com, but with them being cheaper I can I guess not expect anything more than getting a fair deal on something I only redirect from them to telnames.

In the end we either bullied telnic into providing telnames or they had planed something and revised it to meet a better market need, either way I think we directed the requests and pressure in the wrong place which is why in part we only ended up with 3 willing to run the proxy and one being the public one you all so hate.

Perhaps if we had distributed the feedback and other registrars had been willing and or forced to take feedback from customers more would have realized there was a market for more custom/advanced proxies.

I'm also pretty sure they were flooded with requests and other issues and sectioning off so it's clear what your issue is with be it CTH, Registrar or registry aka what was (telnic) & is now a Neustar support issue, as I believe they are contracted to deal with it while telnic focuses on other areas.

I'd say this was a good thing, a focusing on telnames that will work out over the public proxy that's really just a kinda introduction / a you "get what you pay for" will promote both, though telnames might get a quarter eventually of what the public proxy will get due to price I think a more focused approach on actual business and individuals that are doing things is better than building a dead online phone directory, after all you all talk about peak usage and breaking what ever it was but that won't happen to show any major companies if you don't have companies using them and price also works both ways, cheap can mean used less as no emphasis is placed on that's it can be used because they think it's cheap so it's worthless?

So again in the end I think telnames is very good as you're paying for the privilege to be at the top of the teltable, though I'm still against the whole "posh club", "one of the boys" type mentality, and being clear about what telnic is willing to provide support on is the right approach.

Also I'm sure you have a phone with the telnic app, so if you'd have added telnic.tel would you have not been informed of updated contact data? thus the point of a dot tel? thus you don't need to be informed by spelling it out in a newsletter?

I would guess it's a case of "We have changed our contact details, it's now updated in your phone cache", beyond that it was inevitable they don't have time to focus on things they're likely handing over admin to X,Y,Z companies to run.
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-09-25, 10:28 am

Also Neustar as stated here on teltalk runs the telnames infrastructure?

So maybe telnic are moving the pubic proxy over to Neustar as well if it's not all ready managed by them, they though look like a business collage/uni so that's confusing to me but as long as it's works I don't mind who runs it, Russian mafia or a basement geek at MIT as long as it works and it's quicker than the last "dns host".
    Tely
    Tely

Post by Tely 2012-09-25, 12:57 pm

NeuStar operates the domain name registry and DNS resolution systems for .TEL since the beginning. Probably this role wouldn't change so fast.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 5:08 am