The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+2
maxi
Expert
6 posters

Did Telnic develop a strategy for WebRTC?

Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Warning level : 100 %

Did Telnic develop a strategy for WebRTC? Empty Did Telnic develop a strategy for WebRTC?

Post by Expert 2013-01-30, 11:11 pm

WebRTC (Web Real-Time Communication) is an API definition being drafted by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) to enable browser to browser applications for voice calling, video chat and P2P file sharing without plugins.
    Find details at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebRTC and http://webrtc.org
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Did Telnic develop a strategy for WebRTC? Empty Re: Did Telnic develop a strategy for WebRTC?

Post by maxi 2013-01-31, 12:25 am

Perhaps, user-names will be needed for this way of communication. How we can register/get such names now?
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Did Telnic develop a strategy for WebRTC? Empty Re: Did Telnic develop a strategy for WebRTC?

Post by Expert 2013-01-31, 8:45 am

maxi wrote:Perhaps, user-names will be needed for this way of communication. How we can register/get such names now?
    That depends on Telnic.
    If they are smart, they get involved and users only have to register their .tel for it!
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-01-31, 12:01 pm

Expert wrote:That depends on Telnic.
    As I understood from that article at http://webrtc.org , that is a matter between three browsers, Chrome, Mozilla and Opera. And, as Telnic is not a member of that company then it has nothing to do with that project. So, it seems that user-names should be in juridiction of company of these 3 browsers.

I personally do not think that they would like to invite third parties like Telnic and etc. to their business.
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2013-01-31, 12:24 pm

maxi wrote:I personally do not think that they would like to invite third parties like Telnic and etc. to their business.
    If a company wants to make successful business, it can’t only wait until it will be invited.
    If Telnic don’t want to have the job, somebody else will!
    Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2013-01-31, 8:20 pm

Telnic's cto Henri I believe is researching at least as to how the .telproxy could enable it.
    Something along those lines. A good sign
    Moonlight
    Moonlight

Post by Moonlight 2013-01-31, 9:30 pm

In early years it isn't easy to convince big project leaders like Google to include a young technology.
    Boracay wrote:Telnic's cto Henri I believe is researching at least as to how the .telproxy could enable it.
    Something along those lines. A good sign
    Yes, it is.
    Do you know more about his activities? What did Henri say?
    Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2013-02-01, 2:03 am

Moonlight wrote:Do you know more about his activities? What did Henri say?

Go to www.Henri.tel and keep an eye on his twitter.

Oh, and that he's a very keen kite boarder! Not related but Boracay had the wind sports Asian "fun board cup" held here this week (25th year it's been running and highly acclaimed). Boracay now a world-class destination for wind sports. Peak season right now by the way
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2013-03-03, 7:47 am

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-03-03, 12:36 pm

As .tel has Openid then I don't see why they would need to change anything, usually in order to offer a universal standard it comes back to this, so I would see it as being login via any openid, aka twitter, facebook, google, or any openid enabled domain thus .tel. vs some kinda programing standard.

So Ids = some form of passive openid and what ever else don't matter .tel is setup for being used as a id card but I can't see telnic/telnames adding any embeded services as everytime you ask for something they give the impression it all comes down to what will load fast vs what they're willing to pay over all on the hosting proxy bandwith costs, and 99% of the time its as little as possable.

I can't see .tel playing a major part as its clear facebook and google and firefoxs and operas sync things will always mussle out any new comers as they have a large market share, so why use .tel or anything else? but if they are to play a major part then being able to have you .tel openid active as an anchor accross webpages could be pretty useful if they actualy added anything of use!

What happend to the avatar I wanted? I ask and ask and ask and they don't care! so what has tel to offer with regards to being used as an openid? nothing other than a standard weblink back, I'm always logged into many services so they tend to take the lead, if .tel cared they would have pushed out plugings long ago that allowed me to link it to my open id .tel and not have to enter my details for every page I visit that asks for an openid.

So I would have thought plugings that grant a low level .tel access to web pages would make me use .tel more rither than having to go out of my way to not only think how and were to use it but if I can. I know there are some openid plugings but I expect them to make their own.

And back to avatars, they wont put an avatar in it and it drives me nuts this is an electronic age, this is an electronic business card an avatar in this day and ageis standard, or why else would wordpress make email/avatar pic for comments a standard feature? the same way the tel cp does! but it's not enough we need full avatars which is just a few links stored in a .tel.

Aka a link to the shape XML, a link to the skin jpg, and a few links to clothes images and hair shape XML etc, all that could be packed into a file that websites you visit can lookup, as you browse with a plugin providing access. Then you can shop and try on clothes virtually or play games as your self, and if telnames/telnic did a deal with a company to roll out 3d photobooths which exist! people could walk into a booth get 3d measured and photoed, have the machine ask them what .tel name they want, then recieve a card with the rfid chip they can wave over anything to display their 3d selfs. This would be great for mirrors based on tablet touch tech, where you wave it and it grabs a copy of you and you can flick through clothes, if that was ina booth, you could do all 3, get measured in 3d, scanned, photoed, get your .tel card, and have the clothes you pay for after checking via the mirror come out of the booth via a drop system or other system, not only that we should recieve a full 3d copy of the real clothes for our virtual avatars to use accross the web as we browse with the plugin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-01, 7:23 pm