The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+3
fustachio.tel
Mad Max
mikeseaton
7 posters

Hindsight from all of us is an easy thing...

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

Hindsight from all of us is an easy thing... Empty Hindsight from all of us is an easy thing...

Post by mikeseaton 2013-03-16, 2:05 pm

Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Hindsight from all of us is an easy thing... Empty Re: Hindsight from all of us is an easy thing...

Post by Mad Max 2013-03-16, 2:40 pm

honestly it's too late anyway
    telnic doesn't care
    i don't care neither anymore
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Hindsight from all of us is an easy thing... Empty Re: Hindsight from all of us is an easy thing...

Post by mikeseaton 2013-03-16, 4:19 pm

Mad Max wrote:honestly it's too late anyway
    telnic doesn't care
    i don't care neither anymore
    I actually think some good may come out of the .tel project - with the Phase 1 concept of a single point of contact for all internet activities and the Phase 2 notion of machine readable data using the DNS.

But on current form a world-beating product seems unlikely to be delivered by Telnic/Telnames - it's more likely to come from a software developer who has observed the mistakes made on the .tel project and manages to rapidly develop their own solution that meets the same objective.

Perhaps TELcp (see here) can come up with a feasible alternative ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-03-16, 4:38 pm

I wonder if telnic/telnames staff and Icann ceo just keeps laughing over and over at us, as they trade back handers of big wads of cash we spent on .tel I'm starting to see them as evil and the more needs are not met the more angry I'm getting.
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2013-03-16, 5:31 pm

Hate to say it, but it needs to be spoken out:
    Fustachio, you are right on this one!
    Telnic has treated their customers as unfair as possible.
    Doesn't matter if Telnic has a real vision or if they intend to stay a small business with no meaning for the purpose of earning only enough money to survive, it exists no justification for their behavior and their disrespect for customers.
    Until today I can't believe that they just steal themselves away.
    I have never, never seen a company like Telnic before that ignores all (really ALL) customer complaints for years!
    Companies doing this have only one future: DISAPPEARANCE!!
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2013-03-16, 5:38 pm

Sunrise wrote:Until today I can't believe that they just steal themselves away.
    I have never, never seen a company like Telnic before that ignores all (really ALL) customer complaints for years!
    Companies doing this have only one future: DISAPPEARANCE!!
    Not before 2016 though - that's when the money is likely to run out !

Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Mad Max 2013-03-16, 5:38 pm

Sunrise wrote:Companies doing this have only one future: DISAPPEARANCE!!
    are you speaking about the future? telnic disappeared two years ago!
    or has telnix ever responded to our requests and complaints during the last years?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-03-16, 6:25 pm

mikeseaton wrote: Phase 1Phase 2
    My scenario of future movie:

Phase 1
    The idea is born.

Phase 2
    Small LTD is established

Phase 3
    Shares are sold with profit to few chosen shareholders

Phase 4
    Investors are invited and money collected and profit comes

- secrets not know to me
    - secrets not know to me
    - secrets not know to me
    - secrets not know to me
    - secrets not know to me

Phаsе 10а If businеss suddеnly grоws up, thеn it is vеry wеll, bеcаusе it is pоssiblе tо gеt lоt оf mоnеy in fоrm оf vеry big sаlаriеs, grеаt dividеnds fоr shаrеs аnd sеlling shаrеs, which will risе trеmеndоusly in pricе. All this will bring profit.

Phаsе 10b If businеss will stаgnаtеs, thеn it is nоt bаd, bеcаusе sаlаriеs оf milliоns оf $ will nоt stоp till invеstоrs' mоnеy will end аt 2016. All this will bring profit. Whаt will hаppеn аftеr thаt - sее Phаsе 10c.

Phаsе 10c If businеss will fаll down, it will be nоt bаd. Thеn it wоuld bе pоssiblе tо buy аll shаrеs frоm disаppоintеd shаrеhоldеrs/invеstоrs just fоr fеw dоllаrs. Aftеr thаt thе timе will cоmе tо shоw thаt thе idеа wаs nоt bаd аnd grеаt dеvеlоpmеnt will hаppеn in оnly dаys аnd wееks.

Thеn numbеr оf pеоplе, whо will аgаin bеgin to be bеliеvеrs, will risе drаsticаlly. Thе pricе оf shаrеs will risе suddеnly high tо thе sky. It wоuld mаrk thе mоmеnt whеn nеw оwnеr will sеll this businеss fоr high $$$$$. All this will bring profit.

Epilоguе
    Aftеr tеmpоrаlly risе tо thе skiеs, thе businеss will fаll dоwn аgаin. Shаrеs will fаll dоwn аlsо. Idеа will survivе but it will nоt bеcоmе а rеvоlutiоn. Mаy bе, thаt fеw bеliеvеs will mаkе sоmе mоnеy, but nоt аll оf thеm. Thеn sоmеthing nеw will cоmе in Intеrnеt аnd this affair will bеcоmе а mеmоry оf thе pаst.

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2013-03-16, 6:44 pm

maxi wrote:Epilоguе
    Aftеr tеmpоrаlly risе tо thе skiеs, thе businеss will fаll dоwn аgаin. Shаrеs will fаll dоwn аlsо. Idеа will survivе but it will nоt bеcоmе а rеvоlutiоn. Mаy bе, thаt fеw bеliеvеs will mаkе sоmе mоnеy, but nоt аll оf thеm. Thеn sоmеthing nеw will cоmе in Intеrnеt аnd this affair will bеcоmе а mеmоry оf thе pаst.

@maxi - interesting post !

Unfortunately I agree - .tel will end up as The Best Idea The Internet Never Had !

Last edited by mikeseaton on 2013-03-16, 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-03-16, 6:46 pm

I have my own perspective on and why telnic allegedly wants tel to fail and be removed from running the .tel domain (just speculation, don't take it serious), tel has and is making a loss of someones investment and maybe it was never meant to be successful as an investment and was always about acquiring the patents, maybe under normal circumstances the patent office would not grant patents such as those, is the DNS an open source thing? can someone patent something that uses open source tech? when a patent is about keeping others from using your idea or paying for the privilege to do so.

I don't know but I would assume that with anything copyrighted if any part is open source then it needs to be open source to a degree as recursive licencing and able to be used by anyone wishing to compete with you, and I would think unlike android operating system (software) which is copyright and different from a patent which grants closed rights? a patent is with the intent of preventing someone using the tech/software? so such a thing could not be patented?

But it has been patented so either the answer is its all above board or has telnic with icann supporting their patent investment caused the patent office tip in their favor and approve it? or was it able to be approved without the backing icann and the running an elaborate shell company like telnic?

Because that's what I'm starting to see telnic as an elaborate shell company doing the least effort to maintain tel meaning tel fails and they get to keep control over the patents causing icann a head ache and anyone wishing to run the .tel extension with the DNS as there are few options icann would accept, a big bag of happiness as millions in fees and royalties are sent to telnic investors and ex-telnic employees, while a new company has to shoulder the burden of paying them along side large marketing campaigns and dealing with all the companies telnic couldn't (perhaps on purpose).

So anyway I think the patents are likely whats making icann not remove telnic even when they break rules of their agreement (which includes ignoring their community's needs and running them away), because there is very little viable options outside of opening up the entire name space and icann didn't want that it wanted something innovative and unique which is causing the issue because telnic is for profit? and the patents are owned by them so icann is stuck and no company can buy telnic or take over running the tel domain as it would have to be completely rebuilt on another tech or they'd be forced to be shaken down by telnic investors/employees to the tune of millions on top of existing costs no one wants to pay, so those who own the patents are in the best position to hold tel hostage.

So simply put again because telnic employees own the patents to the DNS tech? or telnic itself that is not under icanns control outside of contacts, then Icann can never remove them from running the tel domain?, and they can always refuse to be bought up by another company, so either way the patents can't be used or gotten by anyone unless via an agreement with those who own it which will likely be in their favour to the tune of millions in fees, or a full buy out at a price that is so outrageous it's essentially holding tel hostage.
    NewYorkCity
    NewYorkCity
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by NewYorkCity 2013-03-17, 1:48 pm

mikeseaton wrote:I actually think some good may come out of the .tel project - with the Phase 1 concept of a single point of contact for all internet activities and the Phase 2 notion of machine readable data using the DNS.

But on current form a world-beating product seems unlikely to be delivered by Telnic/Telnames - it's more likely to come from a software developer who has observed the mistakes made on the .tel project and manages to rapidly develop their own solution that meets the same objective.
    And Telnic has proven several times the current staff is not capable of making it a reality - neither phase 1 nor phase 2.

This can only happen after a change of management, staff and shareholders – best all together.

The longer we have to wait for a drastic change, the smaller the chances to succeed.
    Spocky
    Spocky
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Spocky 2013-03-17, 2:02 pm

Telnic must have come to the same conclusions. That’s why Telnic have canceled all activities long time ago.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2013-03-17, 2:19 pm

Spocky wrote:Telnic must have come to the same conclusions. That’s why Telnic have canceled all activities long time ago.
    SPOT ON, SPOCKY !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 5:00 am