The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+2
Expert
Toptel
6 posters

After Telnic canceled all work, the only thing we can do is waiting.

Toptel
    Toptel

Warning level : 100 %

After Telnic canceled all work, the only thing we can do is waiting. Empty After Telnic canceled all work, the only thing we can do is waiting.

Post by Toptel 2013-03-21, 5:37 am

The current situation is hard to bear, but it won’t change soon.
    Everything was tried in the past to create some initiative from outside, but nothing has ever changed.
    My guess is it will be very quiet around .tel for a few years before the current team will be exchanged.
    The good thing is that the idea of a website easy to setup is brilliant.
    Unfortunately nobody has ever developed this idea with .tel beyond the prototype.
    The responsible people show us on a daily base that they have no interest in improving their product.
    It’s very logical that some smart and motivated people will see the potential one day and take over.
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

After Telnic canceled all work, the only thing we can do is waiting. Empty Re: After Telnic canceled all work, the only thing we can do is waiting.

Post by Expert 2013-03-21, 6:01 am

It could be realistic that such acquisition talks happen since long.
    They could have been the reason why Telnic stopped all development.
    Maybe the new buyer tries to push down the price. Waiting is a popular negotiation strategy to save money.
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

After Telnic canceled all work, the only thing we can do is waiting. Empty Re: After Telnic canceled all work, the only thing we can do is waiting.

Post by Sunrise 2013-03-21, 7:42 am

Negotiations usually don’t last years. That means they failed.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2013-03-21, 8:50 am

Toptel wrote:My guess is it will be very quiet around .tel for a few years before the current team will be exchanged.
    Until 2016 is my guess !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

PS. You will need to be logged-in to view the "2016" post as it's filed under the "Too Hot for the Public" section.

Last edited by mikeseaton on 2013-03-21, 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added ps)
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2013-03-21, 8:53 am

Okay, let’s make vacation until 2016!
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-03-21, 10:03 am

This thread is making me very bitter and them doing nothing does not matter as there is more than enough API and space to develop personal projects and I'm not wasting 3 years on a whim that it might be better if I just keep paying and sitting on my ass, if you want to waste 3 years and can afford to do nothing good luck with that but things get done for those willing to put in effort and effort starts now.

And what you say about just going on holiday even as a joke makes it sound like you only look to sell domains and have no interest beyond this and can afford to wait around, I sir cannot I have a business I want to start up in order to survive, and you seem to fail to realise that .tel is and will be a life line when the full economic collapse comes, you may think oh hes nuts it wont happen but I believe it will and the writing is on the wall as wars with countries the public has no beef with are being forced down our throats, and we're being strangled financially by corporations who hoard money over seas that is rapidly becoming worthless because banks just don't care about the little guy anymore.

This is a matter of life and death for us and small companies that this infrastructure is built up to be independent of all this forthcoming negative and depreciating turmoil, we must work together and not be selfish we must put tools at teltalk and protect them by collectively building up resources to support its independence, we must push as hard as we can to develop and design a monetary transaction structure to support us and all future small businesses who will be dependant on other means to maintain themselves like the Greek people are forced to do, you may think it wont come to you because you're in what ever safe little bubble you're in but go read up, the rich are investing in enclaves to protect themselves from this turmoil and we have nothing but this and hope.

3 years is a very long time and that's more than long enough for those of us here for other reasons than just flipping domains to organise ourselves into what ICANN likes to see when approached by 3rd parties that object to X Y and Z, that is more than long enough to complete personal projects and develop tools saved and distributed at teltalk to all members who need them.

ICANN can brush you aside on your own with your many thousands of complaints but they can not brush aside a whole community that is organised, fully registered and ready in the making of 3 years hard graft for a full challenge to what telnic has done to us and what they have not done to the proxy, time should be used wisely and the wisest use of 3 years is to band together and grow this community from the ground up on open ideas and independence.

Just going on holiday and shutting things down is not even a good joke, people have difficulty completing their projects and need better tools and apps which could be funded by teltalk as a whole, currently they are reliant on those tools by people who can on a whim take their ball and go home leaving them destitute and in disarray, this should never ever be allowed to happen it's bad enough to have telnic never listen to our needs, but to walk way when you have dependants is a sad state of affairs, teltalk should provide shelter and a development atmosphere that if someone walks away it matters not as someone else can take over development as its a community effort and tools are hosted here and paid for by us all, "what ever you do or should do for us as I should do for you" is a foundation of support we need to embrace.

So in the course of building this community the right step is towards making sure teltalk is well funded to a point that is is fully independent of adverts that don't pay and large investors just looking for influence over the community, a membership scheme would go far towards this for those that wish to participate with the goal to walk 10 well respected representatives that are known in the tel community and outside in their respective trades, into that ICANN meeting and be at the table with full legal representation and no worry about the cost it will take to pursuit telnic as far as necessary to ensure this TLD survives and grows and our future is not one based on war and poverty because we didn't walk way and said enough is enough, took that stand and built something capable of leaning on telnic to provide independence from all financial institutions that seek to place road blocks on our futures out of pure greed and incompetence.

I am however not here to beg and bully you to do things, if you think its best to do nothing and walk away good luck, but if you think teltalk will be here for you to rant in 3 years if you follow his example or joke to walk away while still spending money on these domains you'll find teltalk wont be here, they'll be no where to rant and you'll have got nothing at the end but another slap in the face as another round of telnic running the proxy starts as no one was able to challenge it because it became a quick tick box backhander deal to them, as you were busy being drafted to fight in a war orchestrated by the very same types of people you had a chance of standing up against who pushed you to your death out of self greed.

We are tel and I tell you now enough is enough, who's going to stand up with me?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-03-21, 10:12 am

mikeseaton wrote:Until 2016 is my guess !
    2017 (mаy bе еvеn 2018) is my guеss (thе оptimistic onе). Thеy nееd cоmpаny's finаncеs bе undеr thе zеrо lеvеl, nоt just аt thе zеrо. Alsо, аfter аrriving аt thаt stаge thеy аlso will nееd timе tо prеpаrе invеstоrs-shаrеhоldеrs psychоlоgicаlly tо аbandon аll hоpes аnd fееl hаppy еxiting frоm businеss оnly with а fеw dоllаrs in hаnds. Sо, the dееp and lоng minus shоuld bе includеd in thе calculation.
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2013-03-21, 11:20 am

fustachio.tel wrote:going on holiday even as a joke
    I wasn’t joking!
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2013-03-21, 11:21 am

@fustachio
    You have a great vision, but with Telnic blocking all activity it can’t and it won't become reality.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-03-28, 6:12 am

If wе wаnt tо mеet with аll оur TЕLs the year of 2018 - thе yеar whеn sоmеthing соuld сhаngе tо bеttеr with dеvеlоpmеnt оf TЕL, wе nееd tо pаy rеnеwing сhаrgеs fоr оur TЕLs till thаt timе.

Thе yеаr 2018 will соmе аftеr 6 yеаrs. I mаdе а tаblе whеrе put numbеr оf TЕLs аnd аmоunt оf mоnеy nесеssаry tо pаy rеnеwаls till yеаr 2018.

Аs a bаse I took $10 for rеnewаl оf оne TEL. If оne dаy thеy will rаise rеnewal pricеs, then, of cоurse, аmount оf mоney spеnt cоuld bе biggеr.

It is еаsiеr tо sее with еyеs, whаt соuld bе соsts оf а drеаm tо bесоmе riсh оnе dаy. Fоr mе pеrsоnаlly this visuаlizаtiоn оf еxpеnsеs hеlpеd very muсh tо discоver hоles in my budgеt. I еven dеcided tо rеvaluate my TЕL-dоmains pоrtfolio.

By thе wаy, if wе will survivе till thаt yеаr 2018, thаt yеt will not mеаn thаt wе аlrеаdy аrе riсh. It оnly will mеаn thаt wе соuld hаvе а сhаnсе thаt TЕL will bесоmе mоrе pоpulаr thаn nоw.

1 TEL x $10 x 6 years = $ 60

10 TEL x $10 x 6 years = $ 600

20 TEL x $10 x 6 years = $ 1,200

30 TEL x $10 x 6 years = $ 1,800

40 TEL x $10 x 6 years = $ 2,400

50 TEL x $10 x 6 years = $ 3,000

100 TEL x $10 x 6 years = $ 6,000

200 TEL x $10 x 6 years = $ 12,000

300 TEL x $10 x 6 years = $ 18,000

400 TEL x $10 x 6 years = $ 24,000

500 TEL x $10 x 6 years = $ 30,000

1,000 TEL x $10 x 6 years = $ 60,000

2,000 TEL x $10 x 6 years = $ 120,000

3,000 TEL x $10 x 6 years = $ 180,000
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-04-27, 6:23 am

Somеtimes, whеn thinking аbout invеstments in TEL, I remember оnе Indiаn tаlе аbоut mоnkеy-trаp mаdе frоm а jаr аnd bаnаnа. But аt thе mоmеnt fоund it nоt. Instеаd I found one similаr stоry. It rеsеmblеs mе a situаtiоn with bеing аddictеd tо cоllеcting dоmаins. It wаs а gооd illustrаtiоn which hеlpеd mе tо rеаlizе thаt I hаvе а prоblеm. Аnd аftеr rеаlizing it, I bеgаn tо curе mysеlf frоm it.

After Telnic canceled all work, the only thing we can do is waiting. Londonlifecoach-monkey
    The South Indian Monkey Trap

The South Indian monkey trap is a simple device for capturing a monkey. It consists of a coconut hollowed out from one end and chained to a stake in the ground. Some sweet rice is placed inside the coconut. The hole in the coconut is big enough for a monkey to put its hand in and grab the rice, but too small for it to remove its fist with the sweet rice.

Robert Pirsig used the South Indian monkey trap to illustrate the concept of value rigidity in his book Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Curiously, there is no physical barrier preventing a monkey from escaping this trap; there is only a mental barrier. Monkeys have been known to grab the rice and try to withdraw their fists in vain until their captors arrive. Monkeys’ inability to reevaluate rice in the context of the trap costs them their freedom.

source: http://kbgenie.wordpress.com/2008/06/04/the-south-indian-monkey-trap/

Also, this video shows how monkey-trap works (the part of video beginning from 1:30 minutes).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 3:19 am