The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

2 posters

Search Engine Monitor Page for .TEL

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

Search Engine Monitor Page for .TEL Empty Search Engine Monitor Page for .TEL

Post by mikeseaton 2013-03-23, 11:53 am

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Search Engine Monitor Page for .TEL Empty Re: Search Engine Monitor Page for .TEL

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-03-23, 3:48 pm

Doing mine based on your example a bit: http://search.blacksmith.tel/

But I was sitting here thinking they should have given us the ablity to set a search term in the control panel and tick boxes to pick what search engines we want to send people too or what engines they're allowed to pick, then have it show as a single bar with a drop down and go button.

But there must be a better way to let someone choose an engine and have it remain one single bar/box and without having multiple links taking up a full page.

The only other option is having the ablity to put a search term in a value box in the control panel, and tick boxes for what engines you want activated and perhaps have them show like the telnames bottom bar a line of icons they can just click to do the search, perhaps then like bing has affilates aka it pays some companies to send traffic to them we can find the affilates for all the search engines and have those long links hidden behind each button but still have it as a search link.

Idk I just wish there was some way to combine them into one link but still allow multiple search but some how know what engine they prefer or wanted.

Though now I think about it I know like on pcs browsers have a set default search engine, wonder if theres a way to have a generic search link that will translate itself to what engine they prefer based on their mobile browser settings that specify an engine.

Guess this is fine for now though.
    fustachio.tel

Search Engine Monitor Page for .TEL Empty Re: Search Engine Monitor Page for .TEL

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-03-23, 4:10 pm

You know what we need though? a Folder link that when clicked forwards you to a sub domain thats the same as your GEO location, so like I have search links and a GEO list I'm building starting at the same folder called search, I should be able to put a link which is a folder or something else and when clicked it takes the persons GEO location then forwards them to the folder where I put the map location that's the same as them.

So say they open the search folder, they don't have to browse down the entire folder list they can just click the ByGEO link/folder thingy and it grabs their location then bypasses like 4 pages or more of browsing and they land at a top folder for their town or city.

Or if its a list of local business like pizza places and they are listed in sub folders and they want the nearist one but dont want to browse as maybe they don't know the location their in but just know the main town, they can open that top folder and click the geo if its set to push them to open the closest business to them in that directory.

Shame they don't want to do anything or cant afford, I also noticed on the mobile proxy of the telpages search it has a tel icon but I didin't see one on the mobile proxy of a normal page.

Is it so hard to reuse a tel favicon?
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-03-23, 4:28 pm

Yea they really need to do that I know I'm replying to myself but anyway, it should be a folder link or some kinda target link that I can place anywhere in a directory, it's simpley like having a broken link it's not linked to anything but it pairs with a full directory listing folder.

So I should be able to pair it with another folder link so like I have the GEO directory or it could be anything with many sub domains that are tagged with map listing locations, I perhaps pair it by placing it above it or under it and when clicked someone is magicly forwarded down 4-5-6-7-8 sub domains to their town or city location so they only have to open one link saving them bandwith and time.

Or if the target folder link is set to local or near me etc it will find a business or open a search page with results from that directory its paired with while the listing of the one nearist to me at the top of those results etc.

Quick fast browsing makes all the diffrence, anyway nvm I'm just ranting again I should have blogged it.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-03-23, 4:39 pm

Yup me again, I got a better idea one folder link one bar! that bar goes accross the page left to right and theres usualy nothing on the other side so why not cut a small box out of the other side and put a target icon in the middle of it?

See on one side it has the folder icon and then the text and after that pushed to the other side it should have a small cut line that cuts down the bar top to bottom so it makes basicly a square on its own like a button then put a target icon on it.

When activated for that directory it shows up and will allow quick GEO search of anything lower in that sub folder that is map tagged and set if you want top level local town or nearist business etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 9:00 pm