The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

5 posters

How a business can survive treating customers like this?

Toptel
    Toptel

Warning level : 100 %

How a business can survive treating customers like this? Empty How a business can survive treating customers like this?

Post by Toptel 2013-04-04, 3:35 pm

A compliment to Telnic / Telnames: They have a very consistent business strategy.
    Whoever says anything negative will be thrown out: https://twitter.com/wibblenut/status/319871197481431040
    In this case it was even only a very kind offer to help.

They do this over and over again.
    I don't need to remind of Telnic's forum with bans and lockdown and the hostility with other forums.
    But perhaps it's the only right thing to do. If I behave bad (disappoint my partners), I should try everything to hide it.
    Open communication is only for companies who don't have anything to hide.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

How a business can survive treating customers like this? Empty Re: How a business can survive treating customers like this?

Post by maxi 2013-04-04, 4:36 pm

I hаvе оnе mоrе vеrsiоn why it is hаppеning. But dо nоt wаnt tо tеll it hеrе nоw. If it wоuld bе hеrе sоmе tоpics оnly fоr mеmbеrs оf thе grоup, I cоuld sаy it thеrе.

But I аm nоt surе, wоuld it bе gооd fоr fоrum tо dо such tоpics, clоsеd frоm оutsidеrs.
    Toptel
    Toptel

How a business can survive treating customers like this? Empty Re: How a business can survive treating customers like this?

Post by Toptel 2013-04-04, 4:52 pm

@maxi

I'm interested; please add your view in the "members only" section.
    It's better to explore the truth without the public than fishing in the dark.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-04-04, 5:30 pm

Toptel wrote:I'm interested; please add your view in the "members only" section.
    OK. Please, send me PM with your email, and I will send you by email one more version - of course, with your promise not to quote me as an author of it.

P.S.
    I will try to write today - if my slight headache, which visited me now, will allow to do that.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2013-04-04, 6:03 pm

Toptel wrote:A compliment to Telnic / Telnames: They have a very consistent business strategy.
    Whoever says anything negative will be thrown out: https://twitter.com/wibblenut/status/319871197481431040
    Unbelievable !

Andy Chantrill (aka wibblenut) has been a key .tel enthusiast from the early days of the .tel project - I seem to remember him winning a prize from Telnic of a few thousand pounds in a competition they ran 2 or 3 years ago - and they block him on Twitter for asking a perfectly reasonable business question !

As I have said before, DOES TELNIC NEVER LEARN ?

It seems the answer is still NO !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2013-04-04, 6:51 pm

It's even worse; Wibblenut was defending Telnic / Telnames always against negative feedback.
    Together with Dan and Mark he is probably the most loyal customer.
    Can Telnames not differentiate between friends and enemies?
    Spocky
    Spocky
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Spocky 2013-04-04, 7:03 pm

Toptel wrote:Together with Dan and Mark he is probably the most loyal customer.
    Then another two remain.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2013-04-05, 8:26 am

ntervu
    ntervu
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by ntervu 2013-04-05, 9:48 am

Mike...

You continue to bring this question up with the same line of questioning. What Value does this bring to anyone?

Are you making anything out of it? Telnic and Telnames are going to operate and exist regardless of continuous assumptions and third party digging into their affairs.

Let's move on. If you have business solutions or support feedback for registrants and users, then that may prove to be more beneficial in this forum. Otherwise the business value of repetitive Finger Pointing will move new visitors from visiting this forum for growth.

It is NOT Telnic's responsibility to make that happen. Leaning on each other is how we qualify our ideas to assist parent companies and service providers better optimize their platforms.

Let's here about what Mike is doing with his business to promote the platform especially if you are making any significant investments (NOT including registrations).

Regards...
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2013-04-05, 5:45 pm

Dan, my current position regarding .tel, excluding the extensive support I have given Telnic over the last 3 years with domain registrations/renewals, is fully covered in the recent post I made which is reprinted below for your convenience.

mikeseaton wrote:
    Sunrise wrote:Telnic doesn’t think about detectable websites.
    Instead Telnic thinks only about fast access of contact information after the website was detected by a user.
    I get the felling Telnic is fine with selling only a few thousands domains.
    Telnic concentrates only on very basic features and expects other companies to deliver all other add-ons.
    This includes especially a directory that would enable users to find Telnames websites on the internet.
    @Sunrise - interesting analysis and you may well be right !

The problem is that Telnic's actions over the last couple of years (I really don't need to list them to forum members) has meant that their "ecosystem" has dwindled away to virtually nothing - see http://www.teltalk.org/t1048-how-many-tel-developers-are-left for what I mean !

I actually started laying the foundations for building a Tel Global Directory myself at the end of last year, but have now put the whole project on ice since there is no point in developing for a small market that shows every sign of shrinking still further.

I still have the Tel Search Engine I developed, but IMO that's as far as its worthwhile a developer going given the way Telnic is determined to drive customers away !

So yes they may be waiting for other organisations to develop the necessary software add-ons, but with the exception of Mark Kolb (and Dan Prather when Telpowered - due January 2013 - is finally launched) no-one is really interested any more !
    http://MikeSeaton.tel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 12:19 pm