The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

4 posters

Let's build RINGS of enough populated TEL s of interest for DEMOS and more AWARENESS

TELwax
    TELwax
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

Let's build RINGS of enough populated TEL s of interest for DEMOS and more AWARENESS Empty Let's build RINGS of enough populated TEL s of interest for DEMOS and more AWARENESS

Post by TELwax 2013-06-01, 7:06 am

Hello,
    why TEL owners / operators with enough content Embedded in their TEL cannot start a helping hand intitiave ?
    With following goals, whatever gossips which should be left outside this fraternity ring (there are enough other thread space for this already on the forum ;+) :

- start a demo journey for those interested by TELs, just offering browsing within a demos ring through all the TEL, what is current stage of use, project, and application of TEL
    - pushing towards more awareness of TELs when mobile browsing , as dot TEL technology has still many genuine adavantages to promote in the mobile internet era, although mobile rendering is still not at top what it could simply be now
    - enrich visitors experience on each filled TEL belonging to this RING (alt. these rings ) and , when relevant because of content, leverage to mobile use.
    - WITH ( and not without) laterly including simple tels from TELnames, that will be offered to be GROUPED for free or at cent price, behind thematic pro TEL, at the convenience of the Telnames owners and related head pro TELs
    - sharing or discussing privately (not on forum) between best project / monetisation schemes based or including TELs , without complaining. What you have is what you have, this is YOUR, this is OUR problem, therefore our DUTY, not our visitors' .
    - splitting within the discussion for this ring of TELs in 3 separated classes, i) one interesting for domainers/ portfolio developpers , ii) one for discussion about content, marketing, traffic, monetisation, and iii) the public one in promoting enough-friendly enough-content TELs .
    - promoting relevant SEPERATE hashtags on twitter for each category, to push for social interest into each silos towards the its right communauty, and not having disapointment and concerns , or marketing considerations, from TEL owers or domainers, interefere with gentle browsing or promotion of content TELs belonging to this fraternity ring , as well as alread-subscribed-TELnames should be dragged (included and still promoted) in the sillage of pro TELs appeatring in this ring of TELs

Looking forward to your reactions to this post. Let's hope that the moderator will positively sort posts in offered abiove categories on one hand, and that who-ever-has-to-be-flamed-for-not-positive-thoughts will be gently flamed, but flamed. Which does not exclude to have down-the-ground realistic and practical advices or posts.
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Let's build RINGS of enough populated TEL s of interest for DEMOS and more AWARENESS Empty Re: Let's build RINGS of enough populated TEL s of interest for DEMOS and more AWARENESS

Post by kprobe 2013-06-03, 7:12 am

I tried to do this with my own .tels a couple of years ago but didnt persue as takes time to manage esp when some tels are not renewed. How do you plan to manage this?
    TELwax
    TELwax
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Let's build RINGS of enough populated TEL s of interest for DEMOS and more AWARENESS Empty Re: Let's build RINGS of enough populated TEL s of interest for DEMOS and more AWARENESS

Post by TELwax 2013-06-03, 1:23 pm

Well of course Ring of DEMOs TEL should be enough filled with friendly and smart navigating experience TELs, otherwise a self contra-reference.
    Usually if TEL has been enough populated with suitable info and design, it will pass yearly renewals, or can be handed over to another stakeholder in a good manner.
    The questions is more sensitive with PREMIUM TELs with appealing names, BUT without any useful content in it (useful even if it does not make money immediately) which, by remaining totaly empty for YEARS, just prove the owner is himself destroying VALUE (and destroying his portfolio value over time like a portfolio of warrants if all the underlying commodities are not gaining value)
    However if this is too light content, or too poorsome content, in cannot be eligible to a be a "demo " tel on another hand.
    The question here, is more about building a satisfactory browsing experience through a optimal set of TELs, than, to build rings of empty TELs with would have empty meaning to human visitors ?
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2013-06-03, 5:35 pm

It's true if you say owners of premium .tels won't get any value from their domains.
    But what can owners get from .tel they can't get from any other extension?
    Which serious developer wouldn't prefer a website with rich content?
    Would a developer rather not buy another exotic domain extension with the ability to build content instead of a not developed product?
    The scenario would be different if Telnic provides a global directory, but Telnic is hiding more and more.
    Telnic first failed with the directory approach because of the immature site for Telpages, then failed with the Yellow Pages approach and now we have to wait until Telnic realizes Telnic failed once again with Telnames.
    Sorry if I destroy your illusion, but currently .tel isn’t on the right path.
    It would be easy to make things right, but how can this be accomplished if Telnic doesn't open up?
    .tel developers can't overcome the restrictions Telnic set in stone.
    There is no flexibility at all - and so not the slightest appeal for developers!
    If Telnic doesn't want to deal with developers, then it's their right to send them away!
    But please don't complain that developers are not interested anymore.
    Who knows? Perhaps one day somebody will be found who likes a .tel like it is now.
    I'm deeply sorry if I sound frustrated, but believe me I try to keep my anger towards Telnic as low as possible.
    And please don't get the impression I'm writing this only to complain.
    I hate it to complain, but unfortunately I can't find anything positive to talk about when it comes to .tel!
    And I know very well all the complaints can't help, because nobody is interested in what I have to say.
    But this lesson I had to learn first, because from most companies in the world I always got a reaction if I pointed out deficits.
    I don't expect that all deficits will be eliminated, but I was stunned about the crisis management in this case which is based on "hide and seek".
    I'm hoping for a lot of people telling me I'm wrong, but I'm afraid not many .tel fans are left.
    ixida
    ixida

Post by ixida 2013-06-07, 4:33 am

@TELwax

I like your constructive ideas. But I'm wondering if this is enough. Telnic is only working on Telnames and doesn't care about the pro-.tels anymore. This way .tel has no marketable offer: Telnic's .tels look really undeveloped and even bad while Telnames' .tels have no chance to survive without content. If Telnic doesn't want to do the obvious, somebody is needed who is willing to operate a company as an ICANN accredited registrar to develop a useful .tel template which still isn't available after more than 4 years now. But to become such a registrar you will need at least $ 1 million. Will anybody be interested in spending this money while no support comes from the registry?
    TELwax
    TELwax
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by TELwax 2013-06-07, 6:52 am

@ixida >>> Agreed with you this is not enough.
    @sunrise >>>>What TELs do have more than others ?
    @Alliance >>> where are you ;+)

TEL where genuinely ready for mobile internet browsing, and that is what dot TEL have that otherTLd do not have GENUINELY (although more services/software layers would compensate that ... for geeks or for bucks )
    The TEL's simple intrinsic capability of being mobile responsive (although not optimised still), at a time where everything goes mobile (BTW which is the reason why TLN may succeed progressively, as alternative for going mobile are complicated or ... expensive).
    And possibly also the origins of TELfirst offers recently in France (despite of the content/trademark legitimity of their initial TLNs , certainly there to attract controversy attention), who is very interestingly setting over some new price reference for the "going mobile service" .... even on top of Telnames 's head/margin .

Starting with the point that .TEL is a technology based service, but unsufficiently packed until now.
    Therefore it is like targetting B2C mass market, without the packaging nor the marketing , and still claiming money for the value
    TELNIC is apparently pushing into some VERTICALS packaging business of its core technology (as they intially suggested other should do) and TELNAMES is indeed A Vertical from a technology owner point of view, although pro TEL's ecosystem problem IS that it is NOT a narrow niche narrow vertical , but a vertical that can go much thicker . Supposedly YES, it is not very friendly that TENIC itself is the share holder. They could have hide a little . But Ok that is it.
    And TLN can be replicated geographically , spread or licensed in segmented niche (now more difficult to justify however) , and harvested by adding new free + paid features down the road.
    Possibly even reswapping back proTEL hard features in two or three years times (if numbers gives reasons to TELNames), by indeed having succeeded in the meantime into B2C selling a packed TEL 3 to 5 times (or more) the price of a bare pro TEL and showing registrars what they could have done (again, opportunity to re-license TELnames at the registrar Level , which could be in favor of why TELNIC is the official shareholder of TLN )
    Marketing of pro TEL is not down properly so far due to :
    - absence of smart easy as to 123 packages for building enough reasonnable TELs, despite of all best efforts of TELmasters and others, hiting chicken and eggs sustainability considerations .
    - portfolio of empty TELs sleeping and destroying value over time , because of initial illusion that dot TEL is service as of other Tld (well done TELnic for cashing in money), although in fact it may rather look more like a bare technology .
    So yes to answer your question, it is not enough, but at least it is a way which does not depend on TELNIC, and which could even be supported by TELNIC for some tricky reasons in the long run.
    Interestingly Movie.TEL @Idealtel paves some interesting ways of full contented TELs.
    If at least 20 or 50 TELs (or more later) on various subjects under various form factors and formats could go into a helping hand initiative without complains, and aspire registering of existing or future TELnames by offering visibility into pro TEL directories it would become a better win win win situation.
    And IF, as a next step, the community of advanced populated TELs build or promote a smart search engine, within pro TELs, ALSO including a freemium/paid section for not letting poor content TLN (although nice looking) being lost soon in the red oceans without content vesseled by Google & others, than, some journey other blue ocean might appear.
    Not a dream, just the potential of output of any collective efforts (and their limits), impossible so far to structure , but at least which can be still organised as there are not a lot of alternatives ... Quit or Double that is the question.
    But do not gamble. Exponential results come from simple daily small increase factors.
    The basic organic self commonly-built and commonly-shared impact of rings of TELs, which were the basics of viral/social mecanisms years ago, is not so difficult .
    In addition tweeting B2C or C2C about your TEL, might , if in a ring, benefit into accelerated awareness/traffic/value to the while ring, and in return, back also to your tel (whatever pro TEL, directory of TEL, pro TEL directories of TELnames, or single Telname) built-in inside proposals or content.

No dreams, just affordable & realistic whatever joint pushes to gear up.
    Hum, waiting now to read others thoughts through next posts on this ?
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2013-06-07, 7:27 am

@Telwax. I am interested in your concept. Since I am very busy with my latest Tel project I do not have time yet to offer a coding solution, but manually this can be done in short term. If others start contributing their populated domains, perhaps adding to the Tel Identities Pool would be the place to start. That way Open Auth can be used to manage the ring with three-way linking and prevent backlinking same domains. Also consider linking in silos so only similar domains are linked together but in different non-competing regions.

For my own domains I link to related domains using a consistent subdomain called "related", eg New Orleans. This promotes SEO awareness but allows for a standard to be consistently followed. Of course the subdomain approach only works with pro.tel so direct first-page linking is used for TelNames sites.

With the promotion of Telnames, these domains too should be part of the mix. I will soon encourage each of my local Telnames customers to link to one non-competing business to help promote awareness in my town.

I'd be happy to link my populated domains to other populated domains to start this up.

Mark

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 12:46 pm