The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+4
TELwax
supercyberheroes
mikeseaton
silvano
8 posters

Interesting article about the coming nTLDs

silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3
    Warning level : 100 %

Interesting article about the coming nTLDs Empty Interesting article about the coming nTLDs

Post by silvano 2013-06-13, 7:57 am

An interesting article about what could be the future of the new TLDs.

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/06/09/how-many-domain-names-will-the-explosion-in-gtlds-really-produce/

I think that some of the new TLDs will have to have very low prices to survive in a suddenly inflated market.

Good for end users.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Interesting article about the coming nTLDs Empty Re: Interesting article about the coming nTLDs

Post by mikeseaton 2013-06-13, 8:20 am

A quote from the article:

Let’s see how much oxygen new extensions will have to themselves. Even if they manage to grab something closer to a half of the annual growth potential, say that of 5 million new registrations, spreading this number among all of them allocates a very minimal user base of 10 thousand domain names per year to each new TLD.

This number will not be enough for most of them to survive. An estimated budget of a typical TLD registry is between $300,000.00 and $ 2,000,000.00 per year, saying nothing about the ICANN’s application fee of $185,000.00, potential auction levies, and other costs such as extra marketing. Registries will need to keep the registration and renewal prices high at $100 per domain name to get to the black in the years to come. All known registries, which kept the fees that high in the past, never managed to pass the mark of one million registrations.
    Funnily enough that "average" 10K figure just about equates to what Telnames is selling per year according to the TN registration figure at http://www.dottel.net

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    supercyberheroes
    supercyberheroes

Interesting article about the coming nTLDs Empty Re: Interesting article about the coming nTLDs

Post by supercyberheroes 2013-06-13, 9:09 am

Some new TLD does not care how many customers get, they just want to protect their brand like google, apple, microsoft, and some will have millions in some years to come like: movie, each new movie will be like ironman4.movie and not ironman4movie.com same thing will be for music, and videogame, but .london will stack due that London has only 8 millions people and not more than 1 million businesses.

But I can see a big opportunity with .tel - .tel refer to telephone and almost every country in this planet if not all, use tel like telephone's symbol, same thing for .co for company, so if we build up phone directories will be so, so great, and with 2999 folders on the pro .tel we can display up to 285.000 telephone businesses per .tel domain, we can display name of the business, the address, few keywords and the link will be the phone (or email, or website) but the idea is the phone, and of course we should charge cheap to display their business in our phone directory, all depend how generic is our .tel domains. 

Next week I will show you, one of my .tel domains that I am building up, and all of you will have an idea.

Regards

http://movie.tel
    http://4g.tel
    TELwax
    TELwax
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by TELwax 2013-06-14, 8:18 pm

Any example here  http://Abidjan.TEL  or http://KAMPALA.TEL ?
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2013-06-15, 6:11 am

TELwax wrote:Any example here  http://Abidjan.TEL  or http://KAMPALA.TEL ?
    Good work.
    These domains brought out the best from .tel.
    But I see a general problem in the limitations of .tel.
    If I take a look at a .tel website I see only links and folders.
    What I'm missing is substantial content: text, text and text (as example relevant information, descriptions and topic details).
    This is a big problem for three reasons:

1. .tel has it difficult to climb up the search engine results for relevant keywords.
    2. It's not possible to fit the high design demands of serious businesses.
    3. Visitors can get the impression they have opened only a spamming website.

As long Telnic doesn't allow a flexible adjustment of elements, I can't imagine any public awareness of .tel.
    silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3

Post by silvano 2013-06-15, 7:50 am

Sunrise wrote:As long Telnic doesn't allow a flexible adjustment of elements, I can't imagine any public awareness of .tel.

We have 300 domains (for now, and tomorrow 2000) which permit this and a domain that does not allow it.

Why continue to ask .tel to do what it cannot do for its intrinsic limits?

.tel may like (I like) or not, but nobody is obliged to buy it and use it. It's a niche domain, and niche will remain. Good used as single point of contact and... stop.

With 20 euros today you can buy any domain, a year of hosting and easily build a multipage site using the usually provided templates. Why struggling, trying to do the same with a .tel?
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2013-06-15, 10:14 am

silvano wrote:We have 300 domains (for now, and tomorrow 2000) which permit this and a domain that does not allow it.

Why continue to ask .tel to do what it cannot do for its intrinsic limits?

.tel may like (I like) or not, but nobody is obliged to buy it and use it. It's a niche domain, and niche will remain. Good used as single point of contact and... stop.

With 20 euros today you can buy any domain, a year of hosting and easily build a multipage site using the usually provided templates. Why struggling, trying to do the same with a .tel?
    Good point of view. I understand your opinion.
    If .tel would be used for something different than other TLDs, then the current specification could be suitable.
    This could be name dialing or a global directory (which doesn't exist).
    But until today .tel competes only with other (mobile) hosting offers.
    And this I can get cheaper with other TLDs.
    Therefore I think .tel needs to offer something new, especially the directory Telnic doesn't want to deliver.
    But if .tel wants to succeed only with the current service, it needs to leave the limitations behind.
    telesystems
    telesystems

Company : Business Telephone Systems

Post by telesystems 2014-02-27, 12:13 am

Your link contain very helpful information, thanks for sharing it.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2014-02-27, 3:32 am

telesystems wrote:Your link contain very helpful information, thanks for sharing it.
    telesystems, please, stop spamming in the forum. If you have any information to share and simply want to thank somebody, use the button "Like". Do not waste our time by writing empty posts. 

Thanks for your understanding.
    GoTel
    GoTel

Post by GoTel 2014-02-27, 6:13 am

supercyberheroes wrote:
    But I can see a big opportunity with .tel - .tel refer to telephone and almost every country in this planet if not all, use tel like telephone's symbol ... so if we build up phone directories will be so, so great, and with 2999 folders on the pro .tel we can display up to 285.000 telephone businesses per .tel domain, we can display name of the business, the address, few keywords and the link will be the phone (or email, or website) but the idea is the phone, and of course we should charge cheap to display their business in our phone directory, all depend how generic is our .tel domains.

This is exactly why .tel is dying and why Telnames is the only hope unless a "2nd level only" directory is developed by Telnic.

1. You are right, .tel = telephone
    2. .tel = no website, only web profile, the basic data.
    3. basic data = basic data directory, a "dictionary", not an "encyclopedia".
    4. basic data = .tel = .tel directory
    5. no intelligent directory has doppelganger entries or mountains of information stuffed into the basic information directory tool.

Telpages is dead because of 5. above

.tel is dead because it's value is as a directory entry only, not a website or subdirectory tool like thousands of other tlds.

.tel must act as a tld "dictionary" not a tld "encyclopedia" competing with Google and Website tlds.

.tel hope:

Verified entries and 2nd level only display in a directory of it's own.

Just like Yellowpages/Whitepages, only much better.

Still, duh.

.tel will NEVER compete no matter how many people buy and stuff old .tel with garbage that is not their own.

That's exactly what killed it, among other things.
    GoTel
    GoTel

Post by GoTel 2014-03-06, 5:26 am

GoTel wrote:
    .... .tel will NEVER compete no matter how many people buy and stuff old .tel with garbage that is not their own.

That's exactly what killed it, among other things.

.TEL must come up like the White/Yellowpages as a valid ECOsystem, and not act as a self-minded, arrogant EGOsystem.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 5:11 pm