The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+4
fustachio.tel
cubitel
mikeseaton
TelFan
8 posters

Overview about all .tel domains

TelFan
    TelFan

Warning level : 100 %

Overview about all .tel domains Empty Overview about all .tel domains

Post by TelFan 2013-07-27, 9:26 am

I created a list of all 219,149 registered .tel domains - with many details (eg. status, registrant, registration date, expiration date) and sorted by provider.
    Please send me a PM with your e-mail address if you like to receive it.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Overview about all .tel domains Empty Re: Overview about all .tel domains

Post by mikeseaton 2013-07-27, 10:33 am

TelFan wrote:I created a list of all 219,149 registered .tel domains - with many details (eg. status, registrant, registration date, expiration date) and sorted by provider.
    @TelFan

I'll skip this list as the Telnames one is enough for me - but I imagine a few registrars may join TelTalk just to PM you for the complete list of all .tels registered worldwide.

Couple that with an automated Whois lookup (AFAIK legal if the registrar is using their own Whois service) and you have a huge number of potential new domain customers identified for free !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    cubitel
    cubitel

Post by cubitel 2013-07-27, 12:16 pm

TelFan wrote:I created a list of all 219,149 registered .tel domains - with many details (eg. status, registrant, registration date, expiration date) and sorted by provider.
    I would like to receive it, but since I am new to this forum I cannot send PM's. Could you send me a PM so that I can respond? THANK YOU very much!

Patrick
    cubitel
    cubitel

Post by cubitel 2013-08-25, 7:19 am

Anyone out there who received this list after sending a PM to TelFan with private email?
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-08-25, 8:17 am

I just wanted to say there are laws on data protection and how you can share data and as this TLD is in the UK as you are maybe also, you don't have a right to harvest the whois, infact unless you're providing a lookup service it's against the law as far as I'm aware because the whois has legal restrictions on its usage where as the TLD itself and the DNS data stored inside it is subject to sharing within basic legal boundaries, aka embedding my TLD data along side something that slanders or defames me is against the law.

As you have not disclosed that you're providing a web based look up service and have disclosed you are sharing data around of peoples names and domain ownership etc I will kindly ask you to cease and desist on behalf of myself and to remove all data corresponding to myself. While I have nothing to hide it is my personal right to request my data is not shared around other than what's in the DNS of the TLD for the purposes I have chosen.

This domain is about data ownership and each and everyone of us deciding how and what we share and with whom and why, the whois is an out dated mandatory thing that I have no control over other than to use the personal hiding feature provided by this TLD as granted by ICANN, when and where I have chosen to disclose what TLDs I own and why is my choice it is not your right to harvest such data and throw it around without considering data protection, because you are essentially taking control over my data that you have no legal right to own that is located from the whois which has legal restrictions vs the DNS data that is more open and only subject to usage claims.

Again the Tel domain is DNS based for sharing data, the whois is just for looking up for legal purposes and complaints and as stated in the whois, it is not for harvesting and sharing around because you feel it would benefit your inquisitive nature as to who still uses tel and why.

How do you think facebook felt when that guy harvested their customer base? how to you think people feel about the Data they share online being harvested by the NSA? how do you think tel will exist in the future due to NSA harvesting, hackers and people like you taking control of their data away from them? cataloging them and placing them in neat boxes of this and that? especially when tel is about control and syndication of data it is the worst time to be collecting/harvesting data and sharing it around outside of the TLD DNS usage policies and legal restrictions.

So once again, while all this data is public to a degree this domain is subject to restrictions on sharing by how I choose and while I cant anticipate what someone might do with embedded and extracted data each piece is listed for a specific purpose, any misuse of my data will result in a real  cease and desist letter i can assure you. How ever these legal restrictions especially apply to the whois as it is separate from the DNS usage policies and as you for what ever purpose are sharing my data around in some email file, I will ask you to cease and desist sharing my data that you have harvested from the whois without adequate data protection and which is against its usage policy, when domains transfer and data is exposed I have no way of knowing if you have captured my or other peoples home addresses, phone numbers etc before we had a chance to reinstate the whois protection and as such you maybe violating our personal privacy rights and going against the law.

So failure to comply and delete my data will result in a formal complaint to telnic who might pursuit you on behalf of its customers for harvesting data from its whois against UK data protection policies and its legal usage restrictions.

Please remove my data and stop harvesting it for unknown purposes.
    Telnot
    Telnot
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Telnot 2013-08-25, 8:47 am

Don't forget to request the deletion of your data to General Keith B. Alexander!
    Watcher
    Watcher

Post by Watcher 2013-08-25, 8:54 am

The following topic is interesting in this context:

http://www.domainforum.online/t106-whois-accuracy-program
    let
    let

Post by let 2013-08-25, 12:14 pm

Telnot wrote:Don't forget to request the deletion of your data to General Keith B. Alexander!
    Certainly it's a problem to reach the NSA director, but you can try this if you are interested in your personal FBI and NSA files:
    www.getmyfbifile.com
    ixida
    ixida

Post by ixida 2013-09-30, 9:23 pm

I have a question after reading this comment from fustachio.tel: http://www.teltalk.org/t1372-overview-about-all-tel-domains#8649

If it's illegal to harvest the whois data, why Domaintools can sell these data? Example: http://domainreport.domaintools.com/telnic.org

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 8:22 pm