The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

iFrames for .tel-domains – full website services for .tel domains!

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

iFrames for .tel-domains – full website services for .tel domains! Empty iFrames for .tel-domains – full website services for .tel domains!

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 4:30 am

Jens03-26-2011 05:04 PM

iFrames for .tel-domains – full website services for .tel domains!

Obsolescent

mikeseaton03-26-2011 06:48 PM

Interesting idea Jens, and as you say not a technical problem to implement.

I think implementation of your idea would depend on the philosophy of what Dot Tel is going forward - is it meant to be just a contact medium (as initially and currently promoted) or is there commercial benefit in extending Dot Tel to make it both a contact medium and also the only domain a small business owner is ever likely to need?

Be interesting to hear Telnic's view on this!

Mike Seaton

rgolds03-26-2011 07:09 PM

I think the primary emphasis of Telnic is to have a domain service with contact information that's widely portable and completely DNS-based. Adding support for an iframe element on the proxy-rendered pages could certainly be done, but I don't think it will be, because it seems to go against the underlying philosophy of this TLD.

Aled03-28-2011 10:12 AM

Thanks for your suggestion, Jens. Interested to hear that you feel that a "professional" will always need another website to support a .tel. Personally I think that my plumber, electrician, builder, window cleaner, taxi driver, financial adviser, lawyer, driving instructor etc etc need nothing more than a .tel which they can give to their customers/clients in order to share their contact information and if relevant, social media links.

Aled03-28-2011 02:27 PM

Jens, you are making some very good points but I don’t think we’ll ever reach an agreement on whether a professional needs a full website, and whether a .tel is enough. Our testimonials and newsletters have featured both groups. People from all walks of life likeFarhan Mughal, and executive from UAE, or Dean Clancy a legal counsel in Washington DC, or Mario from Mazs’ food bar are content with using just their .tel as their business card or online store front. For them, it’s the name and the ease of use that matters. Others are using .tel as an additional SEO tool making part of their online marketing strategy, so they give out their .tel name and there link to any websites they may have.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-28-2011 03:29 PM

I am still on the fence about iframes. 

Tel is ideal for small business and they won't usually have another site so an iframe might not help them. A link would be just as good to refer visitors to additional information. 

On the other hand, a restaurant could have a stripped down, externally-hosted menu in an iframe. Its contents would NOT be indexed by TelPages but still might be nice to have. Even videos could appear inside the iframe. Sites with more visual content are more appealing.

If the iframe's content isn't heavy, then performance due to an occasional iframe wouldn't suffer. It could possibly be loaded via Ajax allowing the page's main tel content to appear first, then the iframe content last.

Mark

telrific03-28-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 13778)
    Jens, you are making some very good points but I don’t think we’ll ever reach an agreement on whether a professional needs a full website, and whether a .tel is enough. Our testimonials and newsletters have featured both groups. People from all walks of life like Farhan Mughal, and executive from UAE, or Dean Clancy a legal counsel in Washington DC, or Mario from Mazs’ food bar are content with using just their .tel as their business card or online store front. For them, it’s the name and the ease of use that matters. Others are using .tel as an additional SEO tool making part of their online marketing strategy, so they give out their .tel name and there link to any websites they may have.

[size]
    The ability to integrate one's .TEL data with/in/on a Website is already suggested by Telnic.

http://telnic.org/tools-website-integration.html

Have to agree with Aled on this one myself.

I know Jens said "the other way around" but the added images are enough, links to the outside are enough, etc.

You can actually use the website integration to simulate what you're saying "the other way around" is all.

:o[/size]

tony mayo03-29-2011 12:02 PM

[QUOTE=telrific;13785]The ability to integrate one's .TEL data with/in/on a Website is already suggested by Telnic.

On the general topic of integrating .TEL data in your .com website, the real killer for us directory builders would be an ability to integrate Telpages search box.

I'm using Custom Google Search to get around this, but Telpages Search would give my directories lift-off and huge exposure for the .tel project!

Current date/time is 2024-04-27, 6:19 am