The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

5 posters

Swear words at TelTalk

Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Swear words at TelTalk Empty Re: Swear words at TelTalk

Post by Alex 2012-06-12, 4:29 pm

Hello Thetabiz,

I appreciate your membership and your opinion as one of the earliest .tel experts very much.

To keep this forum attractive for a wide range of .tel owners and prospects, I would like to find an agreement not to use swear words, e. g. this special word starting and ending with the letter S.

As promised I won't censor comments from any members, but I intend to delete words with inappropriate language.

Since your username includes already this specific word mentioned above, would you agree to change it?
    You can choose any other available username and I'll change it for you.

Thank you for your understanding!

Alex
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Hobbies : Buying gold
    Warning level : 75 %

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-12, 4:39 pm

You better throw me out if you don't like it.

There is always a right word for right situation.
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-12, 4:41 pm

Why would I change my username? My God. Telsucks is just appropriate username for me. It is descriptive and it says clearly what I think, although I maintain and use large number of TEL domains for marketing and actually make income out of that.

You ask me to change my username from Telsucks to what? Guess what, I am not going to write any more on this "independent" and probably TELNIC sponsored forum.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-06-12, 4:43 pm

No, I won't throw you out, because your statements are valuable.

I just want to prevent that other members become offended.

Last edited by TelTalk on 2012-06-13, 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-12, 4:51 pm

Why offended? Because I say how TEL domain sucks?

Do you want to say it is not so? Where is the argument?

Do you know how much money I have to pay per year to maintain for example those 50 domains which SUCK big time, because of TELNIC DNS server failures, and because they simply do not work?

What is the more appropriate word than what it is?

May I first direct you to the RIGHT definition, and you may direct your offended users to the right definition of the word "suck" which I use,

From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) [wn]:

suck
    n 1: the act of sucking [syn: {sucking}, {suck}, {suction}]
    v 1: draw into the mouth by creating a practical vacuum in the
    mouth; "suck the poison from the place where the snake
    bit"; "suck on a straw"; "the baby sucked on the mother's
    breast"
    2: draw something in by or as if by a vacuum; "Mud was sucking
    at her feet"
    3: attract by using an inexorable force, inducement, etc.; "The
    current boom in the economy sucked many workers in from
    abroad" [syn: {suck}, {suck in}]
    4: be inadequate or objectionable; "this sucks!"
    5: provide sexual gratification through oral stimulation [syn:
    {fellate}, {suck}, {blow}, {go down on}]
    6: take in, also metaphorically; "The sponge absorbs water
    well"; "She drew strength from the minister's words" [syn:
    {absorb}, {suck}, {imbibe}, {soak up}, {sop up}, {suck up},
    {draw}, {take in}, {take up}]
    7: give suck to; "The wetnurse suckled the infant"; "You cannot
    nurse your baby in public in some places" [syn: {breastfeed},
    {suckle}, {suck}, {nurse}, {wet-nurse}, {lactate}, {give
    suck}] [ant: {bottlefeed}]

So the DEFINITION which I use is only the definition number: 4 as in: 4: be inadequate or objectionable; "this sucks!"

Or look at this dictionary:
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/suck?s=t

Definition 11. Slang to be repellent or disgusting: Poverty sucks.

So, I am not using any vulgar word, just as you think. A word may have different various and numerous definitions. If someone fantasizes how TEL domain sucks in that other vulgar definition, I cannot see how is that possible.

The right definition is: slang, to be repellent or disgusting, be inadequate or objectionable and there is nothing wrong with the word itself.

There may be something wrong with anyone who finds himself offended because of myself thinking in different way and expressing myself in that manner. And what is wrong is only the lack of understanding of the definition of the word.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-06-12, 5:21 pm

That's a reaction I didn't expect!

I will make it short & easy:
    I will allow anybody to write anything as long the forum rules will be followed:
    Forum rules

I will only delete specific words in comments with inappropriate language to make sure we don't scare off new and / or old members.

Would you accept getting the same username like in the Telnic forum: JLouisBiz?
    Or do you have another wish?
    I prefer to change your username with your consent!

Anyway I understand your opinion / anger and will always let you express it!
    But I would appreciate if you understand my point of view, too!
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-12, 5:25 pm

Why would I accept other username but Telsucks?

I advise you reading more about freedom of speech, as that is not something you have here.
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-12, 5:29 pm

What anger? I have no anger, you misplace me for reason of not knowing me enough. I have only damages, but not anger. Look, I like if someone punches me in the face, maybe there is anger for few seconds, but later I will be thankful to have it survived. Look at Grill, he eats snakes, turtles, get hurt, and is thankful for the life.

No anger at my side.

I guess, you have seen that definition of the word which I use do not refer to something vulgar. As it is impossible that TEL domain sucks in vulgar manner. It is only inadequate or objectionable, and that definition is which I use.

Now, refer to the definition, is there something wrong by using English dictionary word in that definition? Are you doctor of English language to say how "sucks" is not appropriate?

The only reason why you would think and dictate how "sucks" is not appropriate is because you do not know that there are other definitions of the same word.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-06-12, 6:34 pm

The problem is solved: I've just activated an automatic word correction for slang words with ambiguous meanings.
    From now on words which are generally known as offensive will be exchanged automatically in that moment when a comment will be submitted.

I apologize the new settings doesn't allow specific words for usernames anymore why it was necessary to adjust the only affected.
    If you let me know an alternative username, I can always adjust it for you immediately.

Last edited by TelTalk on 2012-06-13, 5:04 am; edited 2 times in total
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-13, 1:52 am

Sorry, do you have some qualification in English language to have competence to say how a word "absorb" absorbs that much, that it does not deserve to be published on your forum?

You have even changed my username? How much arrogance have you collected during the life?

How about learning? if you don't know, you should learn:

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/the_good_word/2006/08/suck_it_up.single.html
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/absorb

slang : to be objectionable or inadequate <our lifestyle absorbs — Playboy> <people who went said it absorbed — H. S. Thompson>

http://briancberry.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-defense-of-word-absorb.html

Interesting this last link, it mentions the rhetoric police on the word "absorb". Obviously you are one of the imagined members.

I guess, even yesterday I gave you correct definitions of the word absorb, and today from the Merriam Webster dictionary, you still think you have to police the usage of the word absorb and OFFEND me with the change of username.

What you have done absorbs, and I am not gonna write a word more on this absorbing forum.

Btw, my forums are quite some time on Internet:
    http://my.opera.com/tel-domain/forums/
    http://telsucks.info/

So, in terms of publishing ideas, without censorship, thanks God I have the resources and I am enough computer skilled.
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie 2012-06-13, 5:11 am

I'm not offended by s.u.c.k.s if it's in your username aka if your username was s.u.c.k.s.tel which I know you've owned for years and have a legitimate right to use, now if it was an adult themed username I would have to say making the forum family friendly would have to over rule your free speech, but as you just use the word s.u.c.k.s I have very little issue other than what you or someone else combine it with and for what purpose as should anyone.
    Presentation is key... someonesucks /aledsucks = bad if directed at a forum member or telnic staff member, if political or expressing more than just trolling or pushing hate and educating about what someone in the real world did etc and presented as personsucks.tel = good as you're expressing more than hate, telsucks = bad, but if absorbs.tel = good as you're representing by your .tel that promotes more than that .tel completely absorbs as a subliminal username and frames how your responses will be expressed in line with how you feel when you login to this forum.
    So I don't have much say but personally I would much prefer to see usernames locked to active .tels on here as it's a .tel forum and would help promote the idea of openid/oath and representing your service/brand/name etc and would go someway towards preventing these kind of arguments to a degree, as it's linked to your contact information or service and not just a concept of hate or trolling it becomes about more than just fighting a POV in a corner without the ability to come on / login on neutral terms.
    We should all be able to agree that free speech has some limits and allowing any kind of username at random that could possibly be trolling or subversive of the overall forum expression should be less tolerated and subject to review by @TelTalk, Forcing connected .tel usernames helps separate those of us who truly invested our money and minds into the concept beyond what telnic wish to promote, and ensures we're not arguing with someone random or a potential telnic competitor who is using known or random hate filled usernames to push telnic into the gutter, which will ruin it for everyone, who like you spent and continue to spend large amounts of hard cash on realizing a better concept for .tel and how we present ourselfs to customers and friends.
    But I do recognize your right to use what ever username you wish, but my personal opinion is I do also have to draw a line and post a reply with regards to the person who allegedly impersonated a telnic staff member etc and other minor disruptions, but again I have no power here so grain of salt..
    Also I may not be the most professional looking individual but I don't prescribe to the fictitious 'suit' fix all representation of regular business, I prefer to be expressive in my persona and how others might see me, but I come back to the if you own it you have the right to use it as a login but not as an assault against the entire concept or a forum or staff member.
    So if you own absorbs.tel you have the right to go by that username, you also have the right to go by anything else but in the interests of what @TelTalk is trying to achieve I would have to agree that some usernames should be disallowed if the purpose is to subvert or miss-represent.
    So just remember @TelTalk is ultimately responsible and can be held liable in certain situations for any public damage done through here, even with a generic forum TOS and Policy it might not cover all eventual situations, but he does that for you he's not like Telnic hiding behind and being limited liability, so at least give him some breathing space and come to a compromise in how you frame your expression of dissatisfaction so everyone can get behind it in a generic way and work out a solution not a flame war.
    @TelTalk If you're changing usernames can we not just use a .tel only policy? if you own a .tel you have the right to use that as long as it's not deliberately registered to attack another forum member or telnic staff member or a brand or business that has not done anything, aka if it's public knowledge x company and brand did something they should be allowed to go by it to express the information but not if it's unfounded or personal vendetta?.
    Also can you change my username please to fustachio.tel, thanks.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-06-13, 5:32 am

I will always listen to the members of this forum.

If they think TelSucks is an appropriate username, I'll consider changing it back to the original wording.
    But at the moment I'm not convinced this goes hand in hand with the slogan of this forum which has the subtitle "Welcome to the objective & friendly talk about .tel domains".

By running this forum I try to be as liberal as possible, but I see my own obligation as administrator also in preventing a) insults and b) frighten off other members.

Therefore I won't delete any criticism, but that doesn't mean I will allow inappropriate language.

Bunjie, I can always change your username into fustachio.tel. Do you really want it?
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-13, 6:26 am

Look, I don't mind, actually. I have changed my opinion and I do want to stay here on the public forum and want to behave according to forum rules.

But remember, it was not me, NEVER, to think or to say anything vulgar regarding TEL which (you know the word) in the vulgar meaning, but it was you who misunderstand the word. And although you have been offered the definition of the word, you did not recognize Merriam Webster dictionary. And I do not have a resources that I can teach you better, than I have tried. Maybe one day you will recognize it.

But then again, you changed user name to "absorb". I mean, it means: 6: absorb or take up or in; "A black star absorbs all matter" -- and I have never referred to TEL domain in the meaning of that, but in the meaning of failure, malfunction. Not by meaning of any physical movement.

I guess I am also forbidden to place my signature http://telsucks.info because you will automatically change it into http://telabsorbs.info

Really crazy. It is full of censorship. And you call yourself "independent".

You say the rule is to be friendly. Well, I am absolutely friendly with you and with everyone else. But where is the border of YOU considering someone not being friendly? You may sort this message into your brain department "of not friendly" and that's it.

I have many friends, and I am one of supporters of TEL domains. It just happened that I also speak OUT when it malfunction. Some people will be quiet, it does not make them "better people" to remain quiet. And problems which happen, are not answered nor supported by TELNIC, but rather ignored.

There is nothing personal.

Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-06-13, 10:16 am

I'm very sorry we can't find a mutual agreement.

If you would own the domain f**k.com or f**k.tel, I won't let you choose the username f**k either.

I'll let you write whatever you want, but I'll treat you in the same way as any other member which includes I'll delete words which give the impression they are only supposed to provoke somebody inside or outside this forum.

If you take a look at your posts so far, you'll see I haven't deleted any other words from you, because I support if somebody expresses his opinion.
    And you know very well on other forums your comments would have been deleted completely already.

I would appreciate if you could tell me an username which doesn't include a part which is well-known as vulgar, and I would be happy to adjust it for you.
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-13, 10:18 am

Not at all, my comments are not deleted anywhere else but on TELNIC forum and this biased one.
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-13, 10:19 am

And remember, I was never vulgar, do not relate to me in this manner nor continue stating I was ever vulgar. Don't give me those vulgar words again as that is double faced.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-06-13, 10:27 am

TelAbsorbs wrote:And remember, I was never vulgar, do not relate to me in this manner nor continue stating I was ever vulgar. Don't give me those vulgar words again as that is double faced.
    The only thing I expressed was that the word s***s has a vulgar meaning. You stated already that you have a different opinion.

So we'll have to live with it. End of discussion!
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-13, 10:32 am

I agree to close this thread or delete it whatever you like more. It is not my opinion, I am not making a Merriam Webster dictionary, scholars are making it.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-06-13, 10:46 am

TelAbsorbs wrote:I agree to close this thread or delete it whatever you like more.
    But I've never intended to do so - and still I don't!

Sorry!

Let's see what others have to say about it!
    Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : Banned

Post by Telminator 2012-06-13, 11:29 am

TelAbsorbs wrote:What anger? I have no anger
    If it's not anger why you insist on using bad language?
    Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : Banned

Swear words at TelTalk Empty Swear words at TelTalk

Post by Telminator 2012-06-13, 11:30 am

TelTalk wrote:If they think TelSucks is an appropriate username, I'll consider changing it back to the original wording.
    No, please don't!
    If he cannot behave, he does not need to receive favors!
    TelFan
    TelFan

Post by TelFan 2012-06-14, 6:01 am

@TelAbsorbs

Why you don't let TelTalk change your username into something reasonable? I think there would be something better than TelAbsorbs or Telsxxxx!
    JLouisBiz
    JLouisBiz
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JLouisBiz 2012-06-14, 9:13 am

Look, I have no control over the abuse of the Internet speech done by TelTalk.

For that abuse, I do not have any anger, nor I have any chance of discussing it, as he does not recognize Merriam Webster scholars. I have never been using "absorbs" in the vulgar manner. When you say "Cancer absorbs" do you think it is vulgar? You have mistaken definitions.

He changed my username to TelAbsorbs, I don't mind, but I find it more vulgar than the original TelS***.

Anyway, even he changed that and does not agree that word "s***" is just a normal word, so what? Do I need to whine? If intelligent communication and reference to dictionaries do not work, it is not my job to be his teacher. It is his forum, his rules.

We can yet be friends.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 6:31 am