The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

5 posters

What are the advantages of .tel in comparison with other domain endings?

Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Warning level : 100 %

What are the advantages of .tel in comparison with other domain endings? Empty What are the advantages of .tel in comparison with other domain endings?

Post by Sunrise 2014-09-06, 9:16 am

1. Lots of content? Definitely not! Text can't be inserted and isn't flexible!
    2. Good SEO? Definitely not! No .tel domain is known to appear on page one for any generic keyword!
    3. Usability? Definitely not! Pictures and ads can't be managed in the control panel! Still after 5 1/2 years!
    4. Nice design? Definitely not! Especially not at Telnic!
    5. Additional features? None! There is nothing you can do with a .tel you can't do with any other TLD!
    6. Awareness and popularity? Very bad! Do you know anyone expect yourself who has heard about .tel?
    7. Limitations? Many! No options for designing!
    8. Innovations? None! Phase 2 isn't coming; phase 1 doesn't get developed!
    9. Development speed? The slowest imaginable! For the smallest improvements we have to wait for many years!
    10. Support by the sponsoring registry? None! Try to get an answer from Telnic for any question!
    11. Reputation? Very bad! Read this forum!
    12. Communication and transparency? Not existing! Telnic plays hide and seek for a long period of time!

I'm helpless!
    Can anybody help me finding a reason why to buy a .tel domain, because I can't find one?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

What are the advantages of .tel in comparison with other domain endings? Empty Re: What are the advantages of .tel in comparison with other domain endings?

Post by mikeseaton 2014-09-06, 9:29 am

Sunrise wrote:I'm helpless!
    Can anybody help me finding a reason why to buy a .tel domain, because I can't find one?

@Sunrise - as a speculative investment based on the fact that Telnic's last of the $35,000,000 shareholder investment must be nearly exhausted meaning a "changing of the guard" is coming soon (unless existing shareholders give Telnic more cash).

This assumes of course that you still believe in the SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT WORKING SEAMLESSLY ON ALL INTERNET DEVICES idea - backed up by a truly Global Directory and the facility to Dial/Email/Skype/etc by Name (Phase 2).

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    ixida
    ixida

What are the advantages of .tel in comparison with other domain endings? Empty Re: What are the advantages of .tel in comparison with other domain endings?

Post by ixida 2014-09-06, 3:00 pm

mikeseaton wrote:This assumes of course that you still believe in the SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT WORKING SEAMLESSLY ON ALL INTERNET DEVICES idea - backed up by a truly Global Directory and the facility to Dial/Email/Skype/etc by Name (Phase 2).

Why doesn't Telnic stop developing websites (what they aren't good at anyway) and starts selling phone names for dialing purposes instead?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2014-09-06, 5:16 pm

ixida wrote:Why doesn't Telnic stop developing websites (what they aren't good at anyway) and starts selling phone names for dialing purposes instead?

Because for Phase 2 (Dial/Email/Skype/etc by Name) to work it needs the Telcos to modify their own systems.

So far, after 5.5 years since launch and nearly $35,000,000 of shareholders money spent on the .tel project the number of Telcos that have agreed to do this is ZERO !

Telcos need CRITICAL MASS (say MILLIONS OF POPULATED .TELS) to even consider modifying their systems for Phase 2 - instead there are just 135,122 .tels or even less if you only count populated domains !

ixida
    ixida

Post by ixida 2014-09-06, 5:32 pm

Maybe .tel needs another strategy. Or can it get worse than now?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2014-09-06, 5:36 pm

ixida wrote:Maybe .tel needs another strategy. Or can it get worse than now?

Bit difficult that since the technical brains behind the company - the Chief Technical Officer & Strategist - appears to have severed his working links with Telnic/Telnames (although he may still be a shareholder) - check out
    What's happened to Telnic/Telnames CTO ?

Post by 4444 2014-09-07, 8:02 am

It looks like that .tel has no chance to recover ever!
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2014-09-07, 8:18 am

Telnic had their chances - and missed all of them:

1. Developing .tel according to customer needs
    2. Creating a global directory
    3. Investing time to build important partnerships
    4. Providing the ability to insert content to improve search engine rankings
    5. Communicating and listening to customers
    6. Supporting different channels (developers, domain investors, power users, registrars, etc.)
    7. Taking advice from industry experts
    8. Being flexible instead of sticking to a failing concept
    9. Spending money wisely for effective marketing campaigns
    10. Searching for real innovations instead of waiting for market leaders to discover .tel by themselves

Instead Telnic decided to wait and do nothing.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2014-09-08, 3:30 am

Sunrise wrote:
    I'm helpless!
    TEL could serve as a banner/ad for your main COM-site.

Usually you need to pay money for having a banner on somebody's site, from which your main COM-site will get additional visitors. Here you pay $10 per year and have a banner, which you own and can promote by filling up it with content. Of course, you will never sell it for $$$ - contrary for COM's; but as a banner for 10 bucks it is worth this money.

Post by 4444 2014-09-08, 5:08 am

@maxi

Since you can place a banner on every website with every domain extension (such as .org, .net or .whatever), what is the advantage of .tel?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2014-09-08, 6:22 am

4444, I meant the use of TEL-site as a banner, which "hangs" directly in Internet, not at any other site (such as .org, .net or .whatever). It may be not an advantage of TEL but currently it is the only one practical usage (or reason to buy) of TEL-site.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2014-09-08, 11:06 am

maxi wrote:4444, I meant the use of TEL-site as a banner, which "hangs" directly in Internet, not at any other site (such as .org, .net or .whatever). It may be not an advantage of TEL but currently it is the only one practical usage (or reason to buy) of TEL-site.

@Maxi - I agree with you on this - for $10 a year a Telnic .tel with subdomains set up as 1 per targeted keyword(s) is a useful SEO-friendly pathway to your main site.

Here's one I use for such a purpose - http://BoatFinder.tel - whose country-specific subdomains send traffic (as well as generating their own AdSense revenue) to the corresponding country-specific .com sites I have at http://www.BoatSearchEngine.com

It was my intention (when I have time) to expand this idea into specific makes of boats - and I may still do this - but the concern I have is that with ALL MARKETING & PROMOTION being for TELNAMES SINGLE-PAGE .TELS  there is a distinct danger the original Telnic subdomain .tels will be dropped.

This could happen either officially - or perhaps more likely by the Telnic .tel registrars losing interest - remember they have the overhead of CTH setup and maintenance, which of course doesn't apply to any other gTLDs they sell.

Given their supplier Telnic/Telnames is not only refusing to let them have the latest product (Telnames) but is also actively selling against them with this single-page product, it would not be surprising if Telnic's registrars said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !

I can't think of any other industry where a Retailer (Registrar) continues to put up with not only their Supplier (Telnic/Telnames) selling against them, but is also DENIED ACCESS TO THE ONLY VERSION OF THE PRODUCT NOW BEING MARKETED.

Still Telnic/Telnames know what they are doing, don't they ?

Post by 4444 2014-09-08, 1:28 pm

@maxi

Now I understand. But most important for this is that .tel domains will be able to be found.

Post by 4444 2014-09-08, 1:30 pm

mikeseaton wrote:Still Telnic/Telnames know what they are doing, don't they ?

Someone could argue: as long they do nothing, they can't do anything wrong!

(Irony!)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-06, 1:01 pm