The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

2 posters

VAT for EU residents who buys TELs from USA registrars?

maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

VAT for EU residents who buys TELs from USA registrars? Empty VAT for EU residents who buys TELs from USA registrars?

Post by maxi 2014-11-26, 11:35 am

I heard that EU-commissars decided from 2015 to take European VAT from EU residents who will buy digital products via Internet from other countries, USA included.

Does that mean that Dynadot, name_com and other USA based companies will increase the priced of domains for EU residents?
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

VAT for EU residents who buys TELs from USA registrars? Empty Re: VAT for EU residents who buys TELs from USA registrars?

Post by Expert 2014-11-26, 1:57 pm

maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

VAT for EU residents who buys TELs from USA registrars? Empty Re: VAT for EU residents who buys TELs from USA registrars?

Post by maxi 2014-11-26, 4:38 pm

Expert, thanks!

It seems that this future VAT is the one more reason of further reducing of the TEL portfolios.
    If, for example, I will decide to renew my TELs not from my computer based in EU but from a computer based in a non-EU country - when VAT will be also charged from me?

In a word, what will decide about this VAT: my current geo-location or my legal location which is written in my data in my account at Dynadot/name_com/etc.?
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2014-11-27, 3:09 am

The tax liability arises from the reportable address of the registrant.
    In the normal case this is the regular residence that he uses to register at his local registration office (and should appear in his account data at his chosen domain registrar, too).
    If a registrant isn't sure which address to use, he should choose the address from that country in which he pays his taxes.
    Bigger European companies like using an address in Luxembourg because of the lower VAT there, often combined with complicated tax models to operate legal tax avoidance.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2014-11-27, 4:35 am

Expert, thanks once more time! You are a really expert!

In Lithuania VAT is 21% now. Perhaps, I need to think about changing the reportable address now for another country.

I think it should be legal to change it - if I have a property in non-EU country and a legal permission with official papers to live there?
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2014-11-27, 7:41 am

You have to use the address of that country where you are obligated to pay taxes.
    If the tax office will get the information later that you have used another address in another country, they won't be amused (especially if the payments didn't appear in your tax return before).
    If we're talking only about a few litas, it shouldn't matter (but then you can pay the 21 % VAT easily).
    But don't forget that Big Brother is watching you (NSA, GCHQ, VSD and different authorities, too).
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2014-11-27, 10:55 am

Expert, thanks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 3:02 pm