The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

General questions

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

General questions Empty General questions

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 1:04 pm

pareshshah03-19-2010 04:15 PM

General questions

Hello Everybody,

Below are some of questions. 

What is DNS? I mean ,I want very practically useful answers not technological. 

What are the vollume limits of using DNS server?

How many telfriend can we add? 

How safe our clients contact details are safe at dot tel server? 

Where is the search icon? And if still there, can we manage to locate as per our desire? (I want, simply, search icon exactly like google home page. Logically I feel, it’s been boring for visitor to go with unnecessary details when he just wants to find salon, or travel agent or caffe shop at Nairobi.tel (e.g). I strongly believe that tel domain must go like google home page and make people allow searching what they want. 

Thanks
    Paresh shah

Aled03-19-2010 05:12 PM

Paresh,

I'm sure many other forum members will also have some answers for you, but to get the ball rolling:

1 - What is DNS? - usually the DNS is used to map a domain name to it's actual location. .tel is different as it uses the DNS to store the content of the domain

2 - What are the vollume limits of using DNS server? - I'm not sure I follow. Are you asking about the volume limits of your .tel domain?

3 - How many telfriend can we add? - there's no limit on the number of Friends a domain can have

4 - How safe our clients contact details are safe at dot tel server? - I assume you are talking about private data, because public data is obviously available for anyone to see.If you set your data to "Private", it is very secure because it's encrypted with a powerful key. The technology uses 1024-bit RSA encryption, for full technical details on how privacy works in .tel, see the technical whitepaper http://dev.telnic.org/docs/privacy.pdf 

5 - Where is the search icon? - you will shortly have three options for making Search available on your .tel:
    a - No search option displayed on the .tel
    b. - A search box which only searches within that .tel
    c. - A search box that can be used to either just search within the .tel or to search all .tel domain using TelPages

pareshshah03-19-2010 05:39 PM

Thanks Aled

DNS server: My question is what if xyz.tel go above five thousands or ten thousands folders?

Search Icon : Its my request to telnic that one can manage to locate as according to their desire. I wants search icon shold be at middle of my dot tel domain.

Thanks

paresh shah

Aled03-19-2010 05:54 PM

The maximum number of folders in the CTH is 3,000. In the future it's possible that there will be alternative providers of the CTH, who could offer a higher number of folders.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding Search, I've made a note of it so that it can be reviewed internally, as all suggestions made on the forum are.

Current date/time is 2024-05-01, 11:24 pm