The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

telFriends questions

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

telFriends questions Empty telFriends questions

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 5:50 am

ynp03-02-2011 02:58 AM

telFriends questions

In order to have access to private information to a .tel page's private data that person must be accepted as a telFriend to that page. In order to do this is it necessary for that person to own a .tel domain of their own, or can someone become a telFriend with just an email address?

Would it be possible to somehow restrict access to certain parts of a .tel domain to people who have a .tel domain of their own?

teltheworld03-02-2011 03:20 AM

Hi Ynp
    In answer to your question, in order to be a Telfriend, the other person needs to have a .Tel an email address just isn't good enough.

You can restrict certain parts of your .Tel by going into edit and changing Public to Private, either on each Folder or selectively on the contents of each folder.

ynp03-02-2011 06:51 AM

teltheworld thank you for your response. But is this correct, I think I just registered for a telFriends account without submitting a .tel domain name. And then I requested private data of a .tel domain that accepted my request. It appears that you do not need to have a .tel domain to be priviliged to private data, just a telFriends account using an email address. 

Has anyone been using the telFriends feature?

Aled03-02-2011 10:01 AM

teltheworld, that isn't correct. Anyone can sign up for a Telfriend account and become a "Friend" of a .tel to see private data. You do not need to own a .tel.

ynp, you can also "group" telfriends, so that a certain group can have access to certain private data, while another can have access to different private data completely. It can be a very powerful tool. We have a link to the guide here - http://telnic.org/tools-telfriends.html, but if you have any more questions obviously feel free to also ask them here.

teltheworld03-02-2011 11:00 AM

Hi Aled 
    My mistake I stand corrected.

ynp03-03-2011 09:16 AM

Aled & teltheworld, 

Thank you both.

Would it be correct to say that you could still let users know that their telFriendship will only be accepted if they are able to prove they own a .tel? Is the email that they use for a telFriends account public info, and if so they could be asked to show that this email is listed within a .tel by giving the .tel domain name in their telFriend request message? This could be used to give .tel owners access to certain parts of a .tel, such as mobile coupons, special deals, or special information, that others would not be able to see?

Aled03-03-2011 05:28 PM

The email address of the "Friend" is not shared with the .tel owner, just their TelFriends username.If you did want to set up a "Friend" group just for .tel owners you could ask anyone who requests to be a friend to also email you directly with their .tel for confirmation.

Current date/time is 2024-05-13, 5:43 am