The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

came across a nice thing check it out..

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

came across a nice thing check it out.. Empty came across a nice thing check it out..

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 1:31 pm

Shahid05-21-2010 03:08 PM

came across a nice thing check it out..

i think .tel is already there and far better then what we see here

http://www.name.com/services/gomobi/

would love to know your thoughts.

Shahid

Blunderer05-21-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 9027)

Shahid

[size]
    The layout is good - more modern - like the iphone apps layout but, it's triple the cost, and will have to compete with all other sites on search engines.

The .tel community needs to push Telpages and build sites which have more than just a copy of a conventional phone book entry.[/size]

Bunjie05-21-2010 04:58 PM

Well that's not cheaper by far at $5.99 monthly, it comes out at $71.88 per year as opposed to Telnics one year down payment of what ever you pay, which can be as low as $2.99? a year with that reseller account at some domain registrar.

I know its pretty and it reminds me of the wordpress sites people use to just have a flashy contact card, the thread is herehttp://www.telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1005

A random person on What makes a good business card? http://www.markboulton.co.uk/journal...-business-card

But due to over all cost and it's sole purpose design for mobiles, I'm sure it would be viewable by web but it does not show me how it would look, where as Telnic provide both big brother webpage and little brother mobile template designs I favour Telnic, it just looks like superbook but on a web page that you can drag and drop parts you want, which is the same you can do with .tel but without the whole drag and drop.

Maybe you can't drag and drop but you get the idea it's flashy and simple but Telnic is cheaper and provides you with advertising income and many other yet undeveloped features, like I said in the other post http://www.telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1154

That the side bar on the normal web proxy for adverts could be dual utilized, space is a premum and to me I would rather put an image on the side of one subdomain than allow an ex-lax advert to run and make me no money, also I have no control over what might appear. 

They should allow us to develop applications that Telnic host, like chat boxes and other things wrapping them in a carousel they would perhaps fit, and perhaps for the mobile version they can progress to a template like gomobi that suits your needs.

http://www.gmarwaha.com/jquery/jcarousellite/

Fantasy wise Telnic could open it's own web app store like apple lol and split profits with the developers who make the embedded apps and web apps iframes that Telnic host for them, we're only limited by our imagination.

emerald05-21-2010 05:04 PM

Hi Shahid

That looks like a Bargain to me! Smart Phones are the future and that's reinforced my decision to let all of my .Tels drop.

Gav05-21-2010 05:49 PM

This is no good for .tel ! 

Im going to say no more.

Thanks for the link Shahid

Regards

Gav

dialaroom05-21-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 9027)

Shahid

[size]
    Looks pretty, http://dialaroomdottel.co.uk/images/mobi.pngBUT it's Expensive, limited functions, limited in actions. Takes longer than .tel to load, it's like a toy .tel. Never catch on, even if google can find it (6 keywords allowed and a couple of small descriptions).
    Still, it looks pretty, will link it to google analytics for a month and let you know.

I'll try anything once, free links for a month too! Thanks Shahid, can always trust you to flag up interesting stuff.[/size]

Shahid05-21-2010 09:04 PM

Thanks for your thoughts everyone, my main intention to share this link was to support .tel not demote it in any way the support comes from all aspects from Design, SEO ( which some of us know ) , user friendliness and it's cost noting personal involved in it.

@Blunderer your right but i guess everything needs little time we have waited and hopefully before next renewals things will be good :) 

@Bunjie i like the thought of allowing us to develop an app and also use on .tel or have app store like itunes and one can even download apps directly to their .tel domains and use them right away for a small fee.

more over even let developers like Mark and many more share their apps and make money with the apps being sold, as a saying goes start more to reach big Heights then start big and fall down and not even know the cause of it.

@Gav it is good for .tel because if something like that is out surely people will have a choice to choose a .tel because you do not need to host it, you do not need to promote it via SEO and you do not need to pay so much

@emerald exactly smart phones are becoming a nessicity rather then fashion, so we might be wrong with .tel as many thing but then again if it goes out in mainstream you will even buy shares of telnic

@Dailaroom Thanks for your comments, looks quite good and ur pretty fast with doing things but i was just showcasing to people who come here and think .tel is failure i do not think it can be because .tel is not limited as what people say it is

we have so many other extension domains like my self all are parked on sedo to earn what ? 0.01 $
    but atleast with a .tel its easy to setup and gets you on track.

i pay early 1500 US$ for seo for one of my companies site now with .tel i got better results in less then 150 US$ a year what more do i need ? and this has even more potential i just don't have time to work on all 3000 folder on each domain

anyways its good to get feedback

dotteler05-22-2010 04:51 AM

I hope that .tel becomes a mobi platform. Since I'm ages behind on getting a device, I really don't know what a .tel looks like on all devices. The benefit of a site, like mobi, is that it is optimized for devices. 
    The thing to pay attention to here: the message can't get much clearer about where everything is heading. We need to be the leader in mobile, not trying to figure out how to catch up or stay in the game, which is what it appears we'll be doing.

tony mayo05-25-2010 02:31 PM

Bunjie:
    Quote:

Fantasy wise Telnic could open its own web app store like apple lol and split profits with the developers who make the embedded apps and web apps iframes that Telnic host for them, we're only limited by our imagination

[size]
    Great idea.
    I think it will all happen in time.[/size]

emerald05-25-2010 03:10 PM

Hi Dialaroom

The beauty is in its simplicity and also its limited functions.

Nice Simplistic Interface and the limited functions are more than enough for most people.

I was recently speaking to my Builder and asked him if he would like to keep all his Contact Details on line, with the intention of 'trying' to sell him a .Tel (He quite simply wasn't interested!)

The next thing I did was offer it to him for FREE! (He still didn't want it!)

When I asked him why this was, he said he didn't want one for a number of very good reasons (His words not mine)

All his Customers have his number in their address books or smart phones and basically that's everything they need to contact him.

He didn't want the World to know his landline and as he works from home, his Home address and reckoned that 99% of the Trade always worked that way and that you wouldn't change the habits of a lifetime.

"The Clients I work for know my name, they know that I am a builder and have my contact number written down in a book and that's all they need."

Not an ideal situation for a .Tel 'investor' lol but when you think about it I suppose that he did have a point.

So something like gomobi could have had much more appeal?

dialaroom05-25-2010 03:42 PM

He's a very lucky builder, if in todays' climate he doesn't want new business to contact him. All the builders I know would love to have offers of work from new clients.

The gomobi is simple and limited as you say, I'm not sure how anyone will find it as mine has had zero hits so far, according to google analytics, whereas my .tels are getting over 1,500 hits a day.

Don't get me wrong, it is what it is. Interesting for a while, but I honestly don't see it as a long term, must have. A bit like a shiny new toy, destined for the bottom of the toy box.

By the way did your builder like gomobi?

emerald05-25-2010 07:02 PM

Hi Dialaroom

Despite my best efforts I can't even give them away, so I didn't want to make things worse by introducing him to the 'Competition' in case his mates all go out and get one as well.

Builders like him get work by word by word of mouth and just can't be bothered to mess about colouring in Web Pages of 'any' description.

They just like things as uncomplicated and as simplistic as possible without any frills, so in that respect I tend to feel the competion may just have the edge?

The best thing is you would probably only just buy 'one' for yourself!

Of all the .Tel 'investors' I think that you could possibly be the most successful of all!

Again a very simplistic idea that really seems to be working!

dialaroom05-25-2010 07:23 PM

Emerald

I just glad I didn't start with Dial a Builder. I'll keep the goMobi for a bit and let you know if it gets any traffic.

JLouisBiz05-26-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emerald (Post 9084)
    I was recently speaking to my Builder and asked him if he would like to keep all his Contact Details on line, with the intention of 'trying' to sell him a .Tel (He quite simply wasn't interested!)

The next thing I did was offer it to him for FREE! (He still didn't want it!)

[size]
    Read the bold above, and search where you failed.

He actually told you the truth, as he knows how his business works. You are not in the same business like him, and quite frankly, you cannot just whirl with the .TEL domain to close this kind of a professional into an "improvement", as for him, it is obviously not an improvement, and I am 100% sure, from your story, that the builder has no problems in telling people ANY of his contact information. 

Let us exaggerate the situation: replace the builder for the cow, and .TEL for the advanced communication technology satellite and ask the cow if she wanna buy it?

Than if you bring back the satellite imagination to the TEL, you will have to adjust the cow as well, and sales will be successful.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 10:44 am