The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Google Results

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Google Results Empty Google Results

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 1:49 pm

Triton NW05-24-2010 07:57 PM

Google Results

Can anyone give me a feel for their Google results. I have been documenting my results over the last year and every new cache seems to drop me lower and lower on the indexing. I am sure I am doing something wrong but discouraging is definately the best word to describe the current situation for me.

Triton NW06-01-2010 11:55 PM

I find myself in a unique fram of mind as I ponder my .tel success or failure. On one hand, I cant get found on Googel to save my life. I have a ton of keywords and links. Most of my sites refer users to my .com site. On the other hand, I am at the top of many searches in Telpages. I guess my success comes down to whether or not Telpages gains traction. That seems like a reasonable conclusion

Blogger06-02-2010 05:28 AM

I am not a great believer in the need for Google results because I think that a Dot Tel requires a website under it. It is this web site which will get the high Google results. The Dot Tel will be a tool on that web site. This is the way I have always seen Dot Tel.

Let me give you an example:

I own BeeResearch.org which is a site that is going to be developed as a depository of bee research information. I also own beeresearch.tel and bees.tel (which will be identical). Now I want researchers around the world to register their details on beeresearch.org. This will include publication history, institution etc. Then I want the contact details for them and the institutions at multi-lingual bees.tel and beeresearch.tel. So everyone one connected with bee research will have a simple tool to find others that do the same thing. They just need to use their mobile phones to get any contact details in the world of bee research.

Bees.tel has been generating revenue already. So this is the model I am using for my dot tels. Bee Research is not a highly searched term, but I have another reason for developing it.

Bunjie06-02-2010 07:03 AM

@Blogger 

Ironically scientists are saying the disappearance of the bee population, is caused by mobile phones. guess your on to a win or win lose situation developing those. :eek:

According to the Telegraph, researchers at the Punjab University in Chandigarh decided to investigate whether the arrival of the cell phone might have had something to do with the departure of the honey maker.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wil...honey-bee.html

Blogger06-02-2010 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunjie (Post 9171)
    @Blogger 

Ironically scientists are saying the disappearance of the bee population, is caused by mobile phones. guess your on to a win or win lose situation developing those. :eek:

According to the Telegraph, researchers at the Punjab University in Chandigarh decided to investigate whether the arrival of the cell phone might have had something to do with the departure of the honey maker.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wil...honey-bee.html

[size]
    Yes! LOL! It's what I call a 'delicious irony'. Certainly the disappearance of bee populations is alarming and likely to become more of a public issue in the future given that bees are responsible for 1/3 of our food consumption through the pollination chain.

Thank you for the article link. I can say that there is no clear evidence pointing to one single cause of the bee numbers' decline. Bee Hives are almost exclusively situated well away from cell phones and cellphone towers. 

The Punjab University in Chandigarh is not noted for its bee research and if you read the article you can quickly see why. They tied cellphones to hives. Well duuuuuuh! Those are not the operating conditions for bee hives with colony depletion.

I am amazed that the Telegraph published this nonsense but in their defence they asked the British Beekeepers Association and it was easily refuted.

I think the Punjab University in Chandigarh may have to be the only paid listing in my directory!!!

A lot of published research around the world in most subjects is flawed. I think because reasearchers are trained but not educated. They have science degrees. Without a broader education in philosophy and other humanities researchers do not have the breadth of knowledge or skills to make valid statements.

There is a vast body of work in philosophy of logic, and it is almost mathematically precise. Without studying philosophy of logic, I do not know how people can become scientists, I really don't. Unless it is part of their degrees.

Of course I think the same about law, architecture, and many other (professions?).

Lasting, here are some valid statements about bees:

1. If you tie a cell phone to a single living bee's body, it will not fly.
    2. Bees do not use cell phones to talk to other bees.
    3. Bees do not care what the Punjab University in Chandigarh thinks about cell phones.

These statements can all be made with a high degree of confidence but they are not conclusive.[/size]

Blunderer06-02-2010 06:13 PM

Clearly, there is a need for smaller phones. If a bee can't carry a mobile, what chance has it got with Yellow Pages - not needed if it can access mobile TelPages, in fact we should all concentrate on MOBILE and TELPAGES and not google.

Chin up!

dottel06-04-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 9068)
    Can anyone give me a feel for their Google results. I have been documenting my results over the last year and every new cache seems to drop me lower and lower on the indexing. I am sure I am doing something wrong but discouraging is definately the best word to describe the current situation for me.

[size]
    I may not be able to share the actual details but I still see stable positions that are with in Top 3 positions.[/size]

Triton NW07-27-2010 09:38 PM

Before anybody says it, I know content is very important. What ia cant figure out is how I can have a .tel site with an exact match in the URL to the search criteria and still not crack the top 400. The site is a single page with lots of free text and other links but cant crack the top 400. That just does not make sense to me. What is going on?

wibblenut07-27-2010 09:42 PM

@Triton If the keywords you're targeting are competitive then relevancy and SEO will only take you so far - you need PageRank, i.e. backlinks from other authoritative sources.

mikeseaton08-10-2010 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 9068)
    Can anyone give me a feel for their Google results.

[size]
    To monitor the 3 main search engines (Bing/Google/Yahoo) I set up a "Searches" page at http://searches.mikeseaton.tel on my personal Dot Tel.

Current positions for http://mikeseaton.tel when searching for "mike seaton" (without the quotes) are:

Bing: Position 2 of 1,380,000 results
    Google: Position 7 of 3,200,000 results
    Yahoo: Position 1 of 1,610,000 results

These results took a while to get - as mentioned by wibblenut you do need a lot of backlinks containing your search term to get high up in the main search engines.

I keep this page going as apart from my own interest it is helpful when talking to people about Dot Tel - ask them if they want to get found personally on the web - if the answer is "yes" then mention Dot Tel is an unbelievably cheap way to achieve this!

Mike Seaton[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 9:52 pm