The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Google search results

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Google search results Empty Google search results

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 4:54 pm

dialaroom08-18-2011 06:22 PM

Google search results

Anyone else notice a difference in google ranking, serps, etc. of late. Could just be me but over the last 3 months have registered 3 domains that I have populated with useful new info, no duplicate or copied content, usual keywords etc. 

None of these appear in first 100 pages for search of domain name without extension e.g. abc.tel search abc - not in first 1000 results.

Not too worried, as I expect it's probably a sandbox effect or lack of links and am working on this. It's just that most of my earlier .tels appeared within a few weeks in the first 10 results pages. Anyone else noticing a change in google indexing?

tel4rent08-18-2011 07:11 PM

Hi DialaRoom,

You observation is correct, however it depends on how your directory is built. If you are using the SEO technique (which i assume is the not clicked) then it is correct. If you are using the regular way of building a directory, all is well.

For example:

regular.mydomain.tel ( create with the check box on) no problem. Google indexed it very fast and well.
    seo.mydomain.tel (created with the check box off) we have a problem. Google does not index it so fast.

OK. This is what i am testing and experiencing. I could be wrong...

All the subdomains on my test .tel created the regular way are all indexed and it was fast. The ones created for SEO ( not clicked ) are still not indexed...I am still waiting to see.

Voila! hope it helps. Let me know how it goes and your experience...

dialaroom08-18-2011 07:56 PM

Thanks tel4rent, will keep checking using the ironically named SEO technique (sub-folder unchecked) for half of the root level folders and the straight forward tree type (sub-folder checked) for the rest of them.

Strangely enough Taxinumbers.tel has just one visible root level folder and over 1000 hidden (or unchecked) folders and wason page one within two weeks using "taxinumbers" with no extention as the search term.

Shahid08-20-2011 10:58 AM

Hello Steve,

hope you are well, if you have a directory which is indexed on google already just add one
    link from there to that tel gradually google will get it into the their system as a link from you
    and list it accordingly.

hope it works, it didnt work for me for few but now it does.

shahid

dialaroom08-20-2011 11:34 AM

Thanks Shahid, have added links from a few indexed .tels and a couple of PR4 web sites.

What is worrying even more is google seeing the root level domain folders? 

Telpages doesn't seem to find any of them even though they have links back from a sub-domain, have tried folder names, folder descriptions etc. Nothing shows in Telpages. ( see image)http://dialaroomdottel.co.uk/images/telpage.png

Shahid08-20-2011 12:01 PM

That might be a total different story then telnic needs to look into it.
    i think telnic needs to hide the root it looks too ugly where it looks like this
    i use dark colour on background to hide it at times it diverts peoples 
    attention and gets them nosy and look else where instead of where they
    should be.

snaith.tel >>> a-to-z>>.... it best if it only remains in the CTH and let people
    enjoy the leads from the the seo.

Aled08-20-2011 12:33 PM

dialaroom - a folder needs to have a contact record (NAPTR) in order to be indexed by Telpages. I see that aaa.snaith.tel has no NAPTR present. Adding a phone number, email, note etc will then qualify the folder so that it is then indexed.

dialaroom08-20-2011 12:35 PM

Thanks Aled.

tel4rent08-20-2011 12:47 PM

Dialaroom!

Yeah that's the rule...did you know? Well i learned it the hard way :) 

But still, Aled...it seems that checked folders are being indexed faster than unchecked folder. At least that's what i experienced with Telpages. And even if they are indexed by telpages, google seem to index the checked folders much much faster than the ones that are unchecked.

By the way, the one directory i am using for the above test ( unchecked folders) are still not indexed on google. But the checked folders are already indexed...

Will keep you posted...

dialaroom08-20-2011 01:12 PM

Thanks tel4rent
    Thought a Title, description and map might have been enough. Had added these and a phone number to my others, now I know it was the phone number that was indexed not the rest of the details.

Blunderer08-20-2011 10:01 PM

@tel4rent,

What do you mean by checked/unchecked?

tel4rent08-20-2011 10:35 PM

Hi,

When you create a folder, CTH asks the user if you want to create a link (bottom left of the window) so you have the choice of either keeping it as it is checked or unchecked if you do not wish to create a link.

Hope it helps

Blunderer08-22-2011 12:28 PM

I understand what you mean now. It's already "ticked" to create a link as the default setting in the DomainMonster and Name.com CTH's, and I have never given any thought to un-linking folders.

Thank you

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 2:52 am