The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

5 posters

Telidentity.com revenue generating email service

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

Telidentity.com revenue generating email service Empty Telidentity.com revenue generating email service

Post by mikeseaton 2012-06-28, 9:39 am

Great idea from Mark Kolb with http://www.telidentity.com

Hope it works out - .Tel desperately needs a Killer App - could this be it ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    Alex
    Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Telidentity.com revenue generating email service Empty Re: Telidentity.com revenue generating email service

Post by Alex 2012-06-28, 9:44 am

If you own a .Tel domain name, you can monetize your domain by offering email identities to businesses and community members. Monetize your idle .Tel assets by leasing email identities on an annual basis. Not all domain names are suitable but those that are geographic, area codes, last names, jobs and certain products and services are perfect. Check our FAQ to learn more.
    If you are not sure if your domain name is suitable, shoot us an email.

You set the annual price of your identities, while we manage the process. For example, depending on the type of identity, you might charge in the range of $10 to $100 per year.
    $10 firstname-lastname combinations, eg tim-jones@oakridges.tel
    $15 firstname@lastname.tel, eg tim@waters.tel
    $20 address@generic.tel, eg protection@securitycameras.tel
    $100 geo@generic.tel, eg toronto@edibles.tel
    Indeed, it's a nice idea!
    Alex
    Admin

Telidentity.com revenue generating email service Empty Re: Telidentity.com revenue generating email service

Post by Alex 2012-06-28, 9:48 am

mikeseaton wrote:.Tel desperately needs a Killer App - could this be it ?
    We will see two other killer apps in the future which really deserve this labeling:

1.) Voice control of .tel domains, e. g. with SIRI

2.) Name dialing: see here!
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-06-28, 3:56 pm

I love the idea and will probably use it but I have one issue I want to bring up, if you own a domain say thats similar to another business or persons name, but being used correctly not affiliated or adverting any of those businesses or products that it could correspond to, so you hold it legally and not in breach of any of telnics rules or any general legal issues.
    Would someone or a company be legally able to take the domain from you on the basis that you gave them an email address that represents them or their business or a personhood? aka by the basis that if advertisements aka adverts in the emails signature was sent along side those outgoing emails they have a legal basis to claim the domain from you, as your giving them the right to represent themselves and advert their business or product though it thus you're adverting them aka the domain is being used to advert them or their product, which is the basis to claim a domain is in breach of telnics ownership regulations? because I can see a 3rd party shill company or person being paid to setup the email address and spam emails thus giving company X or person X the ability to claim ownership of the domain.
    If that's not gibberish I would think the solution to this is to have a robust legal document they agree to before they're allowed to pay for the email address, and have a black list of known competitor businesses or words you wont allow, and also to not allow adverts of any type to be sent thus if you're running a mail server you'd have to filter the emails.
    Or I'm just talking gibberish and it's all fine, either way I'll use it if I can figure out how to sign up for it.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-06-29, 1:31 pm

mikeseaton wrote:Great idea from Mark Kolb with http://www.telidentity.com

Hope it works out - .Tel desperately needs a Killer App - could this be it ?
    Mark does need to add an extra question to http://telidentity.com/?go=faq
    - "Will this work with Telnames registered domains ?".

Unfortunately the answer is NO - at least until Telnames changes it's view on letting 3rd parties have access to modify the DNS.

Even if they did eventually allow this, would they allow email addresses to be set up for subdomains, given that Telnames doesn't allow them ?

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE IMO TO MARKET 2 TOTALLY DIFFERENT .TEL PRODUCTS - THE TELNAMES & TELNIC TEMPLATES - AS A SINGLE NEW IDEA TO "JOE PUBLIC" !

Mark, TELcp and others have put in a huge amount of effort in the last 3 years to develop 3rd party tools that rely on subdomains, yet the only marketing for .tel these days is being done by Telnames who appear to want nothing to do with subdomains !

Can we square the circle on this - if so how ?

Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-07-02, 2:39 pm

Today's update from the developer of Telidentity:
    The Telidentity.com service will be launching soon and is still open for .tel identity testing.

In the meantime, the email forwarding server will be used for identities@canadian.me August 1, so if you are a Canadian or know one (besides me) please register through the www.Canadian.me contest banner and pick your identity, eg first name etc.
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by kprobe 2012-07-02, 4:05 pm

mikeseaton wrote:
    Mark does need to add an extra question to http://telidentity.com/?go=faq
    - "Will this work with Telnames registered domains ?".
    Unfortunately the answer is NO - at least until Telnames changes it's view on letting 3rd parties have access to modify the DNS.

Actually, the answer is YES. I use this technique at www.Identities.tel just fine. However, the MX record for a TelNames domain cannot be inserted automatically by TelIdentity or TelVision since there is no SOAP API supported by Telnames. But the MX record just needs to be added manually by the owner, then the identity forwarding will work. Then you can lease identities for Telnames sites.
    Mark
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-07-02, 7:26 pm

kprobe wrote:...the MX record for a TelNames domain cannot be inserted automatically by TelIdentity or TelVision since there is no SOAP API supported by Telnames. But the MX record just needs to be added manually by the owner...
    Mark, thanks for clarifying that an alternative Manual setup can be used with Telnames domains.

Makes you wonder why Telnames have currently got the "Approved Clients" facility in the Control Panel Settings - when will this get used ?

Artaban
    Artaban
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

.tel domain : Restaurantes.tel
    Zodiac : Taurus Chinese zodiac : Goat

Post by Artaban 2012-07-03, 12:49 am

TelTalk wrote:Today's update from the developer of Telidentity:
    The Telidentity.com service will be launching soon and is still open for .tel identity testing.

In the meantime, the email forwarding server will be used for identities@canadian.me August 1, so if you are a Canadian or know one (besides me) please register through the www.Canadian.me contest banner and pick your identity, eg first name etc.

Thanks for the info, TelTalk. I'm interested in this service of Telidentity, to be used with one or two domain names. It seems that Mr. Kolb is quite active and working hard. Certainly a .Tel leader.

This blog is working fine. Congratulations. And see you later. :-)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 6:26 am