The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Affiliate Revenue Boost - eBay EPN goes mobile!

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Affiliate Revenue Boost - eBay EPN goes mobile! Empty Affiliate Revenue Boost - eBay EPN goes mobile!

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 6:53 am

mikeseaton08-22-2011 04:26 PM

Affiliate Revenue Boost - eBay EPN goes mobile!

For all those who generate affiliate income the good news just released is that eBay's EPN Affiliate program (clickhttps://www.ebaypartnernetwork.com/f...-US/index.html to join) is going mobile on 8 September 2011.

The blog post re this is at http://www.ebaypartnernetworkblog.co...e-going-mobile - here are a couple of key points:

•You will not need to make any changes to your existing affiliate links.
    •You do need to register your domain. You will not be paid for traffic from domains that have not been registered. This is an important change to our terms and conditions.

The first point is important, since that means you will be able to set up eBay affiliate links from your .tel and the coding will work whether your .tel is being displayed by the mobile (basic or smartphone) or desktop proxy. Don't forget that you must make it clear that the click will take you to eBay!

This really is good news since we all know that mobile revenue is where the future lies!

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-22-2011 06:16 PM

Mike, thanks for sharing this great info.
    Mark

mikeseaton08-22-2011 10:35 PM

The more I think about this the greater the opportunity that is about to be presented to us.

Dot Tel is already the first TLD that is auto-device-targeted i.e. if you view on a desktop/laptop/tablet you get a site that works in that environment - if you view on a mobile phone you get a site specifically coded for display on a mobile phone screen.

Now it looks like eBay's EPN is going to be the first affiliate program that is going to be auto-device-targeted - can't wait for 8 September launch !

Mike Seaton

Blunderer08-22-2011 10:53 PM

Spot on, Mike.

dutchstreetdog08-22-2011 11:23 PM

Can someone give a example what the use is !
    Those this mean i put products from eBay on my site And ones people click on it i get provision?

tel4rent08-23-2011 08:02 AM

Hi Dutch!

Agree with you...If someone can showcase something so we could learn from it.

Let's make it a better world

dutchstreetdog08-23-2011 08:57 AM

Hello tel4rent

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 16978)
    Hi Dutch!

Agree with you...If someone can showcase something so we could learn from it.

Let's make it a better world

[size]
    Well i am happy someone agree with mi
    But the majoreti of the people dont even awnser questions on this forum
    Thats a big disapointment for mi
    Sorry to say this , its notting personal to nobody but those are my feelings
    BTW i am happy the saved Kate winslet out of that burning house!!
    Why is here dottel not populated put atleast some pictures or somthing So the ugley red text dissapears!!!![/size]

mikeseaton08-23-2011 02:48 PM

@DutchStreetDog @Tel4Rent

I plan on setting up one of my Dot Tels to show what can be done with the new eBay EPN auto-device-targeting when it's launched on 8 September.

I will publish the URL of the site once I've tested everything - this can't be until after 8 September since this date is the first time eBay EPN affiliates will be able to use this new functionality.

There is one issue to be resolved with eBay EPN before this which I have brought up on the EPN Forum - that is the question of registering your domain to get credited for eBay EPN Mobile. Currently established eBay EPN affiliates do not have to register new domains with eBay EPN that they are going to use, but newer affiliates (those that joined from a date some months ago) do.

Now all affiliates will have to register their domains to get paid for eBay EPN Mobile - but the question with .tel is whether registeringhttp://MyDomain.tel will cover all pages within the site, given that .tel uses a subdomain structure (eg http://sub1.sub2.MyDomain.tel) rather than the conventional structure of http://MyDomain.com/directory/page.

If I get info from eBay EPN on this issue I will post it here - and as mentioned will list the URL of my eBay-centred .tel site soon after 8 September.

Hope this helps.

Mike Seaton

boracay.tel08-23-2011 03:03 PM

Look forward to seeing what's possible mike.
    I have a well established (10 years as a seller ebay business) 
    am hopeful that the PayPal facility can somehow also be used seamlessly within .tel

dutchstreetdog08-23-2011 03:16 PM

Thank you mister Mike for the frendley explanatoin
    But Well i am not the most speedy forum member around So i still dont get the point!
    I do understand Your worries about eBay covvering all pages or Just one
    What i dont understand is the basic the purpise of what to do with it
    I wait to the 8 and then i see whats the meaning!
    But ones again Thanks for the effort appriciate it
    Frendley Greetings

tel4rent08-23-2011 05:04 PM

Thanks Mike!

I will be watching to learn few tips

Be well

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 9:22 pm