The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

2 years

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

2 years    Empty 2 years

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 4:19 pm

GoBigCity03-23-2011 08:06 PM

2 years

Well fans
    Here we are. Will will hit the 2 year mark in a few days. To be honest, I am not sure if I think we are on our way or dead in the water. I have becom a bit numb to the entire thing. I am trying to think what would spark me up. Deal with US based Yellow Page company? New templates ready? Telpages Promotion Campaign?

I am eager to hear your thoughts and hopefully become less numb.:confused:

Bunjie03-23-2011 08:48 PM

Well for a start .tel could open up the forum a bit more, some people don't want to join but would want to ask a single question, they can do that by asking Telnic but asking other users is better than asking a company whom you can't trust the first time to give you a none pr responce.

I see a major issue in the fact that this forum is locked down, and while that makes it easier for the moderation teams it makes it harder for new people to push all the way forward to ask that one question that would help them make up their mind.

And the question the ??? sometimes does not work, even when it's supposed to be easy so get rid of that, we all want new members and potental buyers, your moderators are paid jobs to clean this forum so let people in and you'll have to do your job tough luck.

So I would like telnic to open one forum area for anonymous questions to be posted, I know it will open the door to spam a bit but if it was a hack of this forum software like perhaps a drop down menu with a set group of questions and a recapture, and then do you remember spoilers? they hide the comments.

So a person comes to that open section and clicks on post a question to us, they pick a title from the drop down menu which would help stop bots a bit, and then post the text, and we don't see it in the new posts section unless we want to look at that section. but it's available to check and reply against by any member and this might draw people into .tel or getting an account.

I would also like to see sign up and sign in with Facebook,Twitter + .tel oauth on this forum so that it shows how better having a .tel is so you can feed that data into this forum.

For example if I enter my .tel it should populate the about me, hobbies sections and more info links, we might be a small forum but if you're going to lead the way you should do it on your own forum first, then sell the code or releace it for other users of this type of forum software or hand it to the main developers of it so others can install it.

I'm glad they fixed the g analytics, all I'm waiting for now is the new themes after that I have one more thing on my mind which I'm starting to work on and then I don't know what Telnic will do.

But I plan on paying a few up 10 years in advance because they do what they're supposed to do and thats fine with me, I just don't want the renewal hassle.

Bunjie03-23-2011 08:58 PM

And less we forget they need a better section for the .tel search, if it's taken they need to show other simular names as well as having a page that shows where the .tel is forsale and what the list price is.

Now they can do this by pulling the data out of the .tel via dns! you put in the sedo link and the text in a custom sales section that .tel adds at the bottom for more info and it pulls that out and prints it on the window to show that it's for sale, where and it's price.

We also still need that custom black header text vs green text section on more info.

Sell Telpages to blekko? Telkko Search let them run the thing and make it cooler? or at least work with them to do something new with it because it seems .tel has stagnated with it.

Perhpaps they can add what updates are added to it to the roadmap?

dialaroom03-23-2011 09:06 PM

I suppose it depends whether your buying & selling or developing.

If your buying or selling, then it's a time versus investment risk calculation.

If your developing, it's a great tool, get to know it for what it is, used on its own or with other web sites, it's already the best tld for mobile development.

I'm sure Telnic don't see it as dead in the water, far from it. 

It's come a long way in 2 years and I for one am very pleased to have this great little tool in my toolbox.

Ask not what .tel can do for you, but what you can do with .tel:)

maximka03-23-2011 10:29 PM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

Cees03-24-2011 05:25 AM

Just to help boost your spirits a bit.
    I took a phone call yesterday from one of the largest Companies in its field in Australia, they want me to quote on some work for them at their head office it would occupy me for about 4 to 6 weeks, they found me on the net, I'm going in there tomorrow and will try and find out which .tel site they used (I have a few similar ones, I'm experimenting with the shotgun approach:)) However I may not be able to find out as it was one of the bosses.
    I would not have had this exposure to top quality enquiries without .tel, admittedly it's only a quote at this time but I can sell myself in my chosen profession/trade to turn it into a job.
    Keep smiling, it put a smile on my face that's for sure.

mikeseaton03-24-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 13636)
    ...they found me on the net, I'm going in there tomorrow and will try and find out which .tel site they used...

[size]
    Congratulations Cees - what a good example of how a Dot Tel can make you money by letting your skills be found easily.

It would be interesting to know what search engine, directory etc. they used to locate your Dot Tel and whether they used a smartphone or PC when searching.

Keep us posted on how you get on!

Mike Seaton[/size]

dialaroom03-24-2011 10:18 PM

That's brilliant Cees.

GoBigCity is the numbness wearing off yet.

Cees03-25-2011 07:02 AM

Paid a visit to the job site today and spoke to the person responsible for finding me, she used Google, however she couldn't recall the actual .tel site, apparently she did take some time to search for a "tiler", (although I don't know what the actual makeup of the search terms where) but she chose me because my name kept showing up in all her searches.
    The story goes something like this:
    Her boss asked where can we find a tiler to do said work, her reply Google of course.

GoBigCity03-25-2011 04:07 PM

Still pretty numb. 2 years, and out of everybody on this board there is 1 appointment set. Dont get me wrong, I have a bunch of .tels that I love and will keep for many years, but with 300,000 .tels over 24 months thats 7,200,000 months total ot .tel exposure. It will take a bit more to "un-numb" me.

GoBigCity03-25-2011 04:14 PM

Hello Telnic
    Do we have a rough estimate on the new templates? I assume that is a ton of work, just curious as to a potential due date. Thanks

Aled03-25-2011 05:41 PM

Hello GoBigCity,

We are working on the templates currently and will release them as soon as we can. Some of them require more work than others given the impact on the control panel, so they will be made available in stages. I can't confirm any dates, but as always we'll try our best to keep you informed.

Cees03-25-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigCity (Post 13702)
    Still pretty numb. 2 years, and out of everybody on this board there is 1 appointment set. Dont get me wrong, I have a bunch of .tels that I love and will keep for many years, but with 300,000 .tels over 24 months thats 7,200,000 months total ot .tel exposure. It will take a bit more to "un-numb" me.

[size]
    Big city I know where your coming from, the enquiries are not coming thick and fast but the ones I've had have been quality ones, I'm probably splitting hairs here, if you see one of my earlier posts "Not all Doom & Gloom" 08-04-2010, you'll see that I had a job offer worth AU $ 90,000 for a couple of months work, where I live that's not chicken feed.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-10, 1:20 pm