The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

After two years why the success is not here yet?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

After two years why the success is not here yet? Empty After two years why the success is not here yet?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 4:33 am

Jens04-29-2011 05:57 PM

After two years why the success is not here yet?

Obsolescent

mikeseaton04-29-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens;14384[*
    I don’t get it! When I take a look at the product itself it should be bestseller already! But why people don’t see the advantages?

Has anyone some ideas for the reasons?

[size]
    YES - Phase 2 - the Killer App - has not yet happened and very few people outside this forum know it even exists!

Telnic are waiting for critical mass before moving into this phase, which will involve modification by the Telcos etc. to do the DNS lookups.

I just hope the wait isn't too long before Phase 2 kicks in - the history of computing has shown that lesser products can gain mass market dominance through being there first - or free initially - or both.

In the case of Dot Tel the current threat IMO is from Google Places For Business - the sales pitch "It's easy, free, and you don't need a website of your own" may be enough to keep many small business owners away from registering their own Dot Tel.

Of course Phase 2 offers huge advantages - but as I said not many people know this is coming!

Mike Seaton[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-29-2011 07:21 PM

Re Google Places. Must be Google completing against Yellow Pages. They even allow offers to be displayed. 

Mark

GoBigCity04-29-2011 09:51 PM

I feel your pain. I have some great .tel names that I cant justify the time and energy to build out until the new templates an some acceptance in the US

pareshshah04-30-2011 05:29 AM

Hi Jens

You raised sound interesting topic that needs to be most priority of Telnic.

We need to accept that, gradually, Dot tel ship is going to shrink in very soon itself.

As according to me, there are some few things needs Telnic should focus like...

Dot tel Frame,
    Free third party control panel software (TELcp)
    Marketing story

As far as directory is concern user will not bother to search by first click on country, then city and so on more steps. User simply wants one-click result. So I think a Dot tel frame is not ok. There might be a home page like Google and in built geo location apps so for e.g. user type a travelagent.tel, there might be a search page like google and by default there might be list of travel agent’s addresses accordingly.

Dot tel should provide a third party control panel apps free.

And third and most important, there is an acute need of big story of dot tel domain name.

People/consumer buys a story not only a product.

Domain name industries will only consider when there would be a big dot tel domain name sales. 

Tel names like below would be change hands with some huge value.

www.travelagent.telwww.marriage.tel and www.helpline.tel (all are mine )

paresh

maximka04-30-2011 09:00 AM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

Current date/time is 2024-04-27, 6:22 pm