The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Printable Coupons

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Printable Coupons Empty Printable Coupons

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 5:13 pm

Cees10-05-2011 10:41 AM

Printable Coupons

Mark et al,
    Printable coupons?
    I'm note aware of the existence of this feature, is it available, if so where, if not, is it possible to create this.
    Thanks
    Cees

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-05-2011 12:09 PM

You mean for .tel owners to create coupons like those on the map ...

Mark

Cees10-05-2011 07:00 PM

Mark,
    Thx a lot for responding.
    I'm thinking more along the lines of, when a visitor to your site want's to participate in a promotional offer being presented, a numbered coupon can be printed, (may have to print the whole page?) much like a visitor number, this way a merchant is able to more accurately track how his site is performing or separate these visitors from other advertising forms.
    Hope I've articulated that well enough.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-05-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 18022)
    Mark,
    Thx a lot for responding.
    I'm thinking more along the lines of, when a visitor to your site want's to participate in a promotional offer being presented, a numbered coupon can be printed, (may have to print the whole page?) much like a visitor number, this way a merchant is able to more accurately track how his site is performing or separate these visitors from other advertising forms.
    Hope I've articulated that well enough.

[size]
    So the difference from just having an image ad without a number is that the number is presented at checkout to show that the source was from the .tel domain? And the number is just a random number?

Mark[/size]

Cees10-06-2011 08:30 AM

Mark,
    That appears to fit the bill.
    I think I would probably prefer consecutive numbers but I assume randomly generated numbers are easier to generate, more importantly there must be a way to verify the authenticity of the number so the merchant being advertised on the .tel site is able to establish the origin of the customer/purchaser as coming from that particular site, the .tel owner must also be able to verify said number/s.
    Cees

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-06-2011 02:06 PM

How about the number appears on the mobile device as an image ad banner, the user just shows the screen to the merchant?
    Mark

Cees10-06-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 18049)
    How about the number appears on the mobile device as an image ad banner, the user just shows the screen to the merchant?
    Mark

[size]
    Mark,
    That sounds like a extremely desirable option, sure to be used by myself and others, however my aim for a solution had a target audience which probably has a very low smart phone usage, although they would probably have a reasonably high proportion of desk top internet access, I'd like to be more open with the type of market I have in mind but for the moment at least, I prefer not to publicise it.
    Cees[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-06-2011 08:33 PM

OK, I can generate a random number inside an image and have it display in real-time on a tel domain. However to accommodate tracking, we'd need a database and a management system, and that takes a lot more time. If anyone else is seriously interested (ie willing to pay a small monthly fee), I can write a tool.
    Mark

Cees10-06-2011 09:39 PM

Mark,
    Thank you kindly for your willingness to engage in this conversation I really do appreciate your limited and valuable time.
    I feel that when the .tel base increases there will be a need for the fully blown feature, sustainable by more than one user (me), in a meantime if and when you can include the random number generator I will avail myself, (please advise when available)
    With your permission will I be able to re-visit this conversation when my needs have to be met with the more robust solution you suggest (DBMS)
    PS what size would the user base have to be to make it worth your while to write said tool and what would the approx fee look like, PM me if you don't want to post that here.
    Thanks again for your input in this matter and all else you provide for the community.
    Cees

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 9:28 pm