The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Siri operator (for your .tel directory)

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Siri operator (for your .tel directory) Empty Siri operator (for your .tel directory)

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 7:17 pm

boracay.tel02-09-2013 05:19 PM

Siri operator (for your .tel directory)

Think call centre.
    Siri as the lovely and helpful operator.

Siri: "Hello, what contact details can I help you find today?"
    Caller: "the boracay regency please"

....and off Siri goes to search within your up-to-date .tel directory. Finds a main telephone, a mobile telephone, and the location for "boracay regency" (relative to your own location too)

Siri: "here's the number ...bla bla bla" ...would you like me to connect you thru? (That's a bit fancy for now)

The very recent news is that Siri will be part of the next apple OSX desktop release. So directory operators, fire up that call centre idea once again, secure yourself a very memorable telephone number (and match it with the identical .tel number). Market accordingly on all fronts!

Blunderer02-09-2013 05:58 PM

@boracay,

"The very recent news is that Siri will be part of the next apple OSX desktop release. So directory operators, fire up that call centre idea once again, secure yourself a very memorable telephone number (and match it with the identical .tel number). Market accordingly on all fronts! "

Secure a telephone number, or a .tel name? Surely, if someone knew your number they wouldn't ask Siri for a connection - they would just dial it. I understood that the benefit could be in search and connect by name. What have I missed?

dutchstreetdog02-09-2013 08:59 PM

I also have 200 names, am involed 4 years, and still dont now whats so special about à DotTel !
    I hope there is somthing special :-)
    Wasnt it the naptr click to call stuff !
    Men men i am walking on my last legs
    Pls let sombody do somthing !
    I need holiday Big Time, And i dont mean 3 weaks vut atleast 3 years

boracay.tel02-10-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 26624)
    @boracay,

Secure a telephone number, or a .tel name? Surely, if someone knew your number they wouldn't ask Siri for a connection - they would just dial it.

[size]
    Talking directory, not a singular business.
    People use the geo directory name.tel to quickly/relevantly find an individual resort or/and local business numbers, ie search the geo directory for contact information using their cell phone or desktop. All good. 

BUT people will in many instances still try to call a directory (especially if the local directory has a memorable local number) 
    ....and when they call the directory, let Siri take over (24/7). Siri interacts with your .tel directory, and speaks back the contact data.

So, Directory to be known as the GEO name .tel, AND with an easy to remember old-school called number. Need a good number though (then additionally match it with the .tel, and introduce it in subtle marketing alongside the traditional called number)

Ps I'm not sure what number you dial in the UK, but here in the Philippines you dial "114" to get the local directory operator. But that just does not work from a mobile phone, so then what? What number do you call for the local directory operator? And even when you do get thru (using a landline based phone) in Boracay's case, the current local directory (114 voice operator) is years behind in up-to-date data...and worse still has "no listing" more than half the time

By the way, I am not 114.tel (telnic could reserve such important numbers)[/size]

boracay.tel02-10-2013 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 26626)
    I hope there is somthing special :-)
    Wasnt it the naptr click to call stuff !

[size]
    I think Siri looking up my .tel directory, while acting as the voice operator, offering to call-thru-connect... is pretty special![/size]

Blunderer02-10-2013 12:53 PM

@boracay,

Now I think I understand what you mean - instead of someone calling the phone company and asking them to connect to a number, we (Telnic) agree a distinct number for .tel (114; 2000; 301301, or such like) and then when it is called Siri is used to search through TelPages to find and connect to the name requested. Is that correct?

dutchstreetdog02-11-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 26628)
    I think Siri looking up my .tel directory, while acting as the voice operator, offering to call-thru-connect... is pretty special!

[size]
    Okay thats The thing
    And can other domains not do that ?
    You now how much i love the simplicety and efficency of DotTel 
    But i still dint figure out what makes it so special

And to sell i need to now what to say to the people
    I have a little talk ready, but always get confiused when the ask mi "whats so special"
    I alway tel them DNS brother DNS Hahaha the have no idear And neither do i :-)
    But still with love for DotTel 
    DotTel is Magic[/size]

dutchstreetdog02-11-2013 10:25 AM

Since my jailbreak i have lost siri
    Now i have a crazy dutchman talking Chinees to my
    Hè cant even make à call !
    I need to find my siri back !
    Is siri already browsing dottels ?

boracay.tel02-11-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 26629)
    @boracay,

Now I think I understand what you mean - instead of someone calling the phone company and asking them to connect to a number, we (Telnic) agree a distinct number for .tel (114; 2000; 301301, or such like) and then when it is called Siri is used to search through TelPages to find and connect to the name requested. Is that correct?

[size]
    Yes.
    It's too bad the owner of 114.tel is not currently using it.
    That would suit a telnic based SUPER SIRI (automated speech driven "telpages" directory for the entire Asian region)

I'm focusing only as replacement/competitor of the LOCAL phone companies information/lookup/directory service. 
    Need a prominent/memorable local telephone number to go head-to-head with the local telephone company. I believe I do have such a number to compete. (Boracay maybe a unique example to test this Siri model out, as we only have a possible 9999 numbers (we all have the same 3 digit prefix but nobody ever uses it) so all you need is a great 4 digits at the end.

telnic possibly are thinking bigger than local, as they have some key .tels reserved I think, countries etc. 
    unfortunately not 114.tel (I believe most of Asia uses 114 as a directory information free landline service)[/size]

boracay.tel02-11-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 26634)
    And to sell i need to now what to say to the people
    I have a little talk ready

[size]
    I don't own the .com....

A think-tank is nearing for .tel directory operators.
    Just quickly, will you be up-selling telnames? 
    Yearly renewals income a make-or-break for you?[/size]

tony mayo02-11-2013 04:27 PM

On a more general note, how to forum members view numeric tel domains as an investment? 
    Numbers with seem to be ideally suited to a domain dedicated to communications.

I have registered a few defensively . I am interested to read hear about possible integration with SIRI and other services.

Blunderer02-11-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 26641)
    On a more general note, how to forum members view numeric tel domains as an investment? 
    Numbers with seem to be ideally suited to a domain dedicated to communications.

I have registered a few defensively . I am interested to read hear about possible integration with SIRI and other services.

[size]
    On a mobile keyboard, what presents first - numbers or letters, and how easy is it to switch between the two with just your thumb? 

Ease of single handed usage on a basic mobile phone now underpins all my decisions, including investment, and we already have dial by number.[/size]

tony mayo02-11-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 26643)
    On a mobile keyboard, what presents first - numbers or letters, and how easy is it to switch between the two with just your thumb? 

Ease of single handed usage on a basic mobile phone now underpins all my decisions, including investment, and we already have dial by number.

[size]
    Great answer Blunderer. 

You're not the only one seeing it that way. There are very few if any good numerics left in tel or any other domain for that matter.[/size]

dutchstreetdog02-11-2013 07:27 PM

Howlong will all this take to become reality ?

boracay.tel02-13-2013 12:38 PM

Siri operator?
    I am sure there's already general automated answering software, but the SIRI integration is where I think it takes a step up. It's not available just yet, but I believe there is a developer preview only a few weeks away. I'll keep you posted.

How about the telnames questions I asked you?

dutchstreetdog02-14-2013 12:59 PM

Asked mi, Señor Boracay?

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 3:10 am