The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

I need a little help with Sedo domain management

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

I need a little help with Sedo domain management Empty I need a little help with Sedo domain management

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 10:25 am

mactel11-01-2009 02:11 PM

I need a little help with Sedo domain management

I need a little help with Sedo domain management.

Hi there,
    I need your help:

I am quasi a newbie at Sedo, and still triying to get familiar with the Sedo domain management.

I entered a .com domain, and put it up for sale. I get a red exclamation mark, and when I point at the mark, I get the following pop up message: 

Quote Sedo:
    "This domain is not listed for sale and has not yet received any unique visitors this month with regards to parking. Please check your settings."

My ISP said, I had to do some settings with the DNS zone. But I don't get it, and am totally lost...

Would it be enough, to just put on a sign, "for sale", for the website?

Anybody familiar with Sedo selling, please help (sales, that have to get a offer first, before they can enter the market auction. Or premium auction sales, that don't need a offer, to start with).

Thank you.
    P.S.: Can you recommend other autctions, besides Sedo, in November and December?

I am affraid, I might not get any offers at Sedo, and just be stuck:
    Like the domainer, who had his domain "organictea.com" at Sedo for sale, but did not get any offers. Then he auctioned the domain with Moniker at TRAFFIC in New York, just a few days ago, and found a buyer, who is paying him $6000 for the domain.
    (I happen to have "organictea.tel" ...)

mactel11-02-2009 11:18 AM

I did some spot tests, yesterday, and saw, that some websites are parked at Sedo, but some ohters are not: Some of them are developed.

So I guess, one either has to fill the website with some content, or has to park it at Sedo.

mikeseaton11-04-2009 04:35 PM

Hi Mactel,

You can't park a DotTel domain at Sedo (or any other domain sale site) due to the different nature of DotTels from ordinary domains.

I have about 50 DotTel domains listed for sale at Sedo - click http://www.domains123.com/?ext=.tel and then use the Domain Sale Information dropdown list to go to the Sedo offer page. 

What Sedo insists upon (otherwise you get the red exclamation mark) is that a domain must either be parked or for sale - since you can't park it you must have it flagged as "For Sale".

You can specify a domain as being for sale when you initially add it in - but since your domain appears to have added in without this being specified then:

- click "My Sedo"
    - click "Domain Management"
    - select "Update sales settings" from the "What would you like to do today" dropdown
    - enter "Price" and "Minimum Offer" - both optional
    - choose "Price Option" (make offer or fixed price)
    - change "List for Sale" option from No to Yes
    - click "Execute" by the "save marked changes" dropdown

That's it - your DotTel should now have a Sedo offer page - here is one of minehttp://www.sedo.com/search/details.p...eeducation.tel

Hope this helps.

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton11-04-2009 04:48 PM

A note re DotComs - as opposed to DotTels at Sedo - the same procedure as above will set them up for sale - but you can park them by following one of two methods described at http://www.sedo.co.uk/services/tour_...id=&language=e

The easiest method is Method 1 - Name Server Forwarding - simply go to your domain control panel at your registrar and change the nameservers to NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM and NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM - it may take a few hours for the change to propagate throughout the internet before your domain appears with the Sedo parked page.

Sedo have some good parking layouts - here's an example of one of my dotcoms http://www.linkdivision.com

Mike Seaton

mactel11-06-2009 03:42 AM

Thank you, Mike. 

Current date/time is 2024-05-06, 9:56 pm