The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Dot Tel Parking Page

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Dot Tel Parking Page Empty Dot Tel Parking Page

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 2:31 pm

mikeseaton06-15-2011 12:29 PM

Dot Tel Parking Page

If it wasn't for domain parking services there would be millions of empty Dot Coms.

It would be great if there was a professional looking Dot Tel parking page, so that those with more than a few names could at least present reasonable content (which also earns revenue) on their domains whilst they gradually develop each one individually.

It is currently possible to use Sedo parking (which gives the opportunity for revenue and sales offers via Sedo) even though you can't change Dot Tel's nameservers.

Have a look at http://321.tel to see how it's done - the only downside is that you always get Sedo's "portal" page and Google (Sedo's parking ads source) is getting Sedo to switch to nameserver-change parking only at some point in the future.

Still the opportunity is there at the moment if you want to take it.

Mike Seaton

telrific06-15-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 15396)
    If it wasn't for domain parking services there would be millions of empty Dot Coms.

It would be great if there was a professional looking Dot Tel parking page, so that those with more than a few names could at least present reasonable content (which also earns revenue) on their domains whilst they gradually develop each one individually.

It is currently possible to use Sedo parking (which gives the opportunity for revenue and sales offers via Sedo) even though you can't change Dot Tel's nameservers.

Have a look at http://456.tel (not one of mine) to see how it's done - the only downside is that you always get Sedo's "portal" page and Google (Sedo's parking ads source) is getting Sedo to switch to nameserver-change parking only at some point in the future.

Still the opportunity is there at the moment if you want to take it.

Mike Seaton

[size]
    .TEL is basically a parking page, just ad links and ads ... all you need is your own theme.

All the YellowNames are set up with that "principle" in mind.

If you create one backup and modify the domain, you can do hundreds.

See YellowNames.com Premium Section, Many Links could be added. (link in signature below).

Why have just one style ?[/size]

mikeseaton06-15-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 15398)
    .TEL is basically a parking page, just ad links and ads ... all you need is your own theme.

[size]
    Agreed - I have set up more personalised "parking pages" like http://CameraSales.tel.

But if you have a large quantity of .tel domains - as some of us have - setting up something like http://321.tel, which literally takes a few seconds, is very useful when you multiply the time you take by the number of domains you own.

Additionally, once your visitor is on the Sedo Parking page they are only 1-click away from the Sedo Buy page - I have sold many domains using the Sedo service (which includes their excellent escrow facility).

Mike Seaton[/size]

mikeseaton06-15-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 15401)
    The content is always one click away (what is exactly one click too much)!

I decided not to develop any of my domains until I can arrange them in a competitive way compared with a .com! 
    So they will stay empty until I'm convinced the customizing will turn them into a proper web appearance.

[size]
    The easiest way to achieve embedded content, on an automated basis (which parking needs to be, not manually edited which becomes impossible when you own a large number of domains) is for an RSS Feed to automatically create new contact records on a regular basis.

This has great SEO benefit (since page content is always changing) and could be done without performance problems by each visit to a domain triggering a reading of the RSS Feed whose contents (after checking the last updated date of the feed itself to avoid unnecessary processing) are used to update the domain ready for the next visitor i.e. there is no processing until after the .tel page has been viewed by the current visitor.

I would love the ability to read RSS Feeds directly into .tel domains to be a feature offered by Telnic - it has been requested a few times before on this forum - but it doesn't look like it is going to happen.

So in the absence of a proper automated parking system, my view is that parking solutions like http://321.tel andhttp://CameraSales.tel are better than a blank .tel domain - and of course they have the link to allow visitors to make offers to purchase the domain.

Mike Seaton[/size]

telrific06-15-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 15407)
    .. That's true, as a temporary arrangement it's fine! But I will wait for the final solution!

[size]
    Unfortunately this has been the case for more than 2 years now.

Still no desireable template, still no desireable directory.

All we hear is "have patience".

55 million people die each year ... hope I'm alive to be patient.

:([/size]

Cedric06-16-2011 04:14 AM

Tel Parking

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 15396)

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Besides Sedo, you can also try NameDrive's Parking Service:

For e.g.: my EMBA.tel --> http://www.ndparking.com/emba.tel

[/size]

dottel.net06-16-2011 09:17 AM

nice parked page - i actually prefer their look to the regular google park or sedo parked pages.

still don't think its right for tel (my view it's all 1 click too far), but may use them for my other tld parked pages.

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 4:02 pm