The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+10
Toptel
joyantony
Spocky
Expert
Tim Spears
mikeseaton
x1y2
maxi
di7
14 posters

Need a quick .Tel Sales/Parking page ?

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel
    Warning level : 100 %

Need a quick .Tel Sales/Parking page ? Empty Need a quick .Tel Sales/Parking page ?

Post by mikeseaton 2015-05-19, 2:01 pm

Then please feel free to copy the one I have developed for Tshirts.tel

I received an unsolicited offer for this domain via https://sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=tshirts.tel today - but decided to turn it down as the future commercial potential for this domain is massive !

Of course I am prepared to wait until after the "changing of the guard" takes place - not too far away IMO !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Need a quick .Tel Sales/Parking page ? Empty Re: Need a quick .Tel Sales/Parking page ?

Post by TelBlogger 2015-05-20, 2:19 am

I would grab the money as fast as I could. An offer for a .tel domain is as rare as a white rhinoceros tap dancing down Fleet Street in a top hat and tails.
    MWX
    MWX

Need a quick .Tel Sales/Parking page ? Empty Re: Need a quick .Tel Sales/Parking page ?

Post by MWX 2015-05-20, 4:21 am

mikeseaton wrote:Of course I am prepared to wait until after the "changing of the guard" takes place - not too far away IMO !

We don't know what happens behind the scenes. Perhaps the shareholders push just enough money into Telnic only to survive without making profits for years. In this case it could be that nothing will change this decade anymore.
    Toptel
    Toptel

Post by Toptel 2015-05-20, 4:43 am

MWX wrote:In this case it could be that nothing will change this decade anymore.

... and a transition to a successor will take years, too (if it will ever happen).
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2015-05-20, 5:23 am

There is only one thing guaranteed in the management of Telnic: Any decision they make with hurt the company and people who have registered .tels.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2015-05-20, 7:17 am

With only a year to go I don't believe Telnic will lose the existing .TEL Registry Agreement with ICANN.

But that does NOT mean Telnic will automatically get it renewed for a further period beyond May 2016.

We all know that the Telnic/Telnames situation is against the "spirit" of ICANN's agreement - a good lawyer may be able to argue it was also against the "legal terms" as well ?

See http://www.teltalk.org/t559p120-icann-complaint-against-telnames#14806 for some extracts from ICANN's current agreement with Telnic.

I really doubt that Telnic's shareholders will be in any mood to put more money in and it's fairly obvious the cash in the kitty is nearly gone.

Time to be patient now and get on with your life whilst we wait for the inevitable to happen - then those who have stuck with the .tel project can start looking forward rather than back !

Post by 4444 2015-05-20, 7:22 am

But will a new registry for .tel be more active than Telnic?

Maybe only the infrastructure will be maintained - maybe not even that!
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2015-05-20, 9:25 am

I see a little home office in Bogner in an attached house in a brick housing estate. It will adjoin someone's kitchen and there will be a part-time Thai secretary who doesn't speak English but will work for $1 a day as well as offering massages.

The sign on the letter box will read Happy Thai Massage and in much smaller hand-written letters below; Telnic, Registry for .tel.
    di7
    di7

Post by di7 2015-05-20, 9:46 am

Very sad that Telnic isn't producing any (good) news. Hence people have no other choice than complaining.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2015-05-20, 1:30 pm

Following an increased offer to 500 GBP I have decided to put Tshirts.tel into a Sedo 7-Day Auction.

The 500 GBP offer now becomes the Reserve Price and if there are no further bids it is sold for that amount.

You can see how the auction is going - or make a bid yourself - by clicking here

PS. Just added a YouTube video to Tshirts.tel using Telnic's video display facility now built-in to the CTH.
    di7
    di7

Post by di7 2015-05-20, 2:39 pm

Congratulations to the nice selling price (almost $ 800), Mike!
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2015-05-20, 7:38 pm

Now it would be a good deed for Mr. Kash to participate in that auction and to try to rise the price as high as possible.
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2015-05-21, 1:36 am

Good decision Mr. Mike.
    hulltv
    hulltv

Warning level : 75 %

Post by hulltv 2015-05-23, 5:36 pm

wish you all the best mike…
    hulltv
    hulltv

Warning level : 75 %

Post by hulltv 2015-05-24, 11:18 am

do you know who interested in your tshirts.tel mike
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2015-05-24, 2:16 pm

hulltv wrote:do you know who interested in your tshirts.tel mike

No - Sedo will only reveal the buyer for Tshirts.tel to me once the auction is completed.

x1y2
    x1y2
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by x1y2 2015-05-27, 9:11 am

I don't understand the buyer of Tshirts.tel. When he made his first offer, Tshirt.tel was available at registration price. He would only need to query the singular word of his desired domain name.
    TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2015-05-27, 9:28 am

The plot thickens ...
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2015-05-27, 11:11 am

x1y2 wrote:I don't understand the buyer of Tshirts.tel. When he made his first offer, Tshirt.tel was available at registration price. He would only need to query the singular word of his desired domain name.

I DO !

As any experienced domainer will tell you the PLURAL of a word is always more valuable then the SINGULAR version.

This is because users think - and enter search queries - in the plural version of a word e.g. "boats for sale" rather than "boat for sale".

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2015-06-02, 2:27 pm

I've just logged-in to my Sedo domain sale account and got the following message re Tshirts.tel

The buyer has submitted payment to our escrow and has requested an invoice including VAT (if applicable). Please create an invoice with the full amount 500 GBP and upload it as a PDF within the Transfer Documents section or send us the invoice by fax to +49 221.34030.109.

So Sedo has the money from the buyer's bank transfer and it will be in my pocket by the end of this week based on past experience of Sedo's rapid payout !

Perhaps 500 GBP (800 USD approx) should be treated as the "going rate" for a single-word (plural version) of a commercially-named .tel domain ?

Two things helped me make this sale:

1. Setting up a Sales/Parking Page at Tshirts.tel

2. Using the world's largest domain resale marketplace at Sedo.co.uk and Sedo.com to find the buyer (lives in Barcelona, Spain).

TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2015-06-02, 2:56 pm

The buyer needs psychiatric help.

I dropped these one word names at last registration:

aid
    aluminium
    aluminum
    cement
    concrete
    dairy
    fertilizer

plus:

bruce

Why?

Because they, all .tel domains, are completely worthless. Actually, they have a negative value - someone should pay you to own them. There is simply no business case to be made for having them. 

The only exception would be if you had inside information about an upcoming material change like opening up the Telhosting Panel. For example, Mark Kolb from Telmasters registered all those names except bruce. I then find out that he is redesigning his website. 

I hope for his sake he didn't use inside information from Telnic because as a customer of his I will be very angry if he used this kind of information in buying those domains without advising his customers of that information. 

Having dealt with him before I am pretty sure that this is not the case. He seems a stand-up guy. It seems very strange he is spending money and time on a redesign though for what is a completely useless extension.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2015-06-02, 3:09 pm

@TelBlogger - why are you still here on this forum if you don't appreciate the potential of .Tel domains that operate seamlessly on all types of internet device ?

I agree we need a "changing of the guard" but I'm convinced that will come soon !

FYI apart from the capital sale value of the domain I also picked up some useful commission from the affiliate links present on Tshirts.tel

As with selling any product, you need to present it well and make sure that the maximum number of potential buyers know it's for sale.

I did that - why don't you try that approach as well ?

TelBlogger
    TelBlogger
    Insider
    Insider

Post by TelBlogger 2015-06-02, 3:21 pm

I am here because everyone likes to watch a train wreck. 

I am also doing research on a book tentatively titled: .tel The Anatomy Of A Technology Failure.

I think there are really good lessons in the .tel disaster for investors, promoters, regulatory authorities and so on. I firmly believe that .tel failed not long after launch and it was only a slick marketing campaign that got it away to the s u c k e r s. The professional domainers warned everyone what would happen and they were 100% right.

I want to see the inevitable collapse and I want all the facts of the failed project to be available to the public. That's all.

You know, I never saw a .tel on a mobile device until after I had bought my domains. When I saw it I knew that I had made a bad mistake. It looked like a complete piece of s h i t and it still does 6 years later.

You, Mr. Michael are merely experiencing a brief psychological lift as a result of your sale. You will come back to earth presently.
    Moonlight
    Moonlight

Post by Moonlight 2015-06-03, 3:32 am

TelBlogger, maybe you are mistaken - what we don't know earlier than in a few years. Things can change!

Post by 4444 2015-06-03, 4:15 am

@TelBlogger

Have you dropped all of your .tel domains?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 4:49 am