The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Quick Long-Tail Search Multi-Page Parking .Tel

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Quick Long-Tail Search Multi-Page Parking .Tel Empty Quick Long-Tail Search Multi-Page Parking .Tel

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 7:38 am

mikeseaton03-24-2012 02:31 PM

Quick Long-Tail Search Multi-Page Parking .Tel

Given that many .tels are lying blank it's very worthwhile, if you haven't got time at the moment for full scale development, to generate a quick multi-page "parking site" like the one I did recently for http://HarleyStreet.tel

The secret in terms of getting Free Traffic from search engines (once the search engines find a few links to the URL and therefore index it) is in naming the subdomains (ie. folders) in line with what users are actually searching for - something Mark has highlighted before.

On each end page - such as http://cosmetic-dentists.harleystreet.tel - you need to ensure that the user either has the information they are looking for presented to them - or has an easy option to get if with a click that you make available to them.

The important thing is to focus on just one subject area per end page - which means that the Google AdSense ads have the maximum relevance and therefore the greatest chance of being clicked.

Medical domains are actually very good when used like this, since there are a large number of different subject areas and the cost-per-click paid by the AdSense advertiser is usually pretty good for the publisher.

Why not give it a go with your "blank .tel" - it doesn't take that long per domain - and will also increase the likelihood of selling your .tel domain if you wish.

Incidentally, http://HarleyStreet.tel is currently for sale here

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-24-2012 06:07 PM

I try to do this for each domain I pick up recently like www.AreaRugs.tel www.RareEarth.tel
    Mark

Geo04-01-2012 06:05 AM

I'm very intrigued by the possibility of long-tail directories - each page optimized for a specific part# for example... What's a good way to add unique SEO'd long-tail pages (subfolders) while keeping main folders fairly clean? I was thinking of adding long-tail subfolders without clogging up main folder with links... but then how would those long-tail folders get indexed by Google - somehow they have to get found... any suggestions? For example, let's say I want to create separate long-tail affiliate pages for computer parts, so for example, let's say that I've got 2Gb.RAM#.motherboard#.Dell.used.parts.computers.Te l ... but I don't want to or can't squeeze 200 motherboard subfolders into the Dell subfolder... 

Also, is there a limit in terms of number of subfolders deep beyond which Google will not look (index)... would it then be better to create a 2Gb.RAM#.computers.Tel subfolder and link to it from motherboard#.DELL.used.parts.computers.Tel ?

As for SEO, what would be the best way to deal with the 2Gb bottom level product page... the one with the link to the Amazon or Ebay product? How much content and where best to put it in terms of being found in Google search? Should I put 2Gb DRAM motherboard# DELL into the keywords section, into the description of the link, or the page header or where the Google snippet is taken from or all of the above? How about factors helping conversion in terms of actually getting visitors to click through - any tips on that? It comes down to a balance between work spent and return on the time spent... so how to get maximum return from minimum effort?

Lot's of questions I know.

TELcp04-01-2012 06:44 AM

@Geo

A practical way, (experimented with successful results), to implement a short URL method instead of long tail URLs is demonstrated at www.mytown.tel.

The explanation how to achieve is very simple and explained at www.TELcp.INFO.

Also a forum discussion regarding this can be found here in this forum.

Hope it helps to find a solution for your requirement.

Cheers!

TELcp04-01-2012 06:54 AM

@Geo

Shorter URLs look better and easy for any visitor to remember.
    It is the only way to get the best out of the tel technology.
    Shorter URLs can be displayed below the signature of your email messages, printed on a visitor card etc.

Before you start a directory you need to plan exactly what you intend to use on all your telpages, which is 2999 at present. But my advice is to plan the addresses beyond 2999 URLs. Then you can name the subdomain(s) accordingly to suit the name of the .tel Domain.

:cool:

Geo04-01-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 21521)
    @Geo

A practical way, (experimented with successful results), to implement a short URL method instead of long tail URLs is demonstrated at www.mytown.tel.

The explanation how to achieve is very simple and explained at www.TELcp.INFO.

Also a forum discussion regarding this can be found here in this forum.

Hope it helps to find a solution for your requirement.

Cheers!

[size]
    Thanks - will look into this.[/size]

Geo04-01-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 21522)
    @Geo

Shorter URLs look better and easy for any visitor to remember.
    It is the only way to get the best out of the tel technology.
    Shorter URLs can be displayed below the signature of your email messages, printed on a visitor card etc.

Before you start a directory you need to plan exactly what you intend to use on all your telpages, which is 2999 at present. But my advice is to plan the addresses beyond 2999 URLs. Then you can name the subdomain(s) accordingly to suit the name of the .tel Domain.

:cool:

[size]
    Are the limits applying only to CTH or also including API handling? 

As for the disadvantage of not being able to navigate thru breadcrumbs, couldn't you just place a link in sparky.mytown.tel to point back to plumbing.repairs.mytown.tel?[/size]

TELcp04-01-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 21527)
    Are the limits applying only to CTH or also including API handling?

[size]
    Well, maximum allowed sub domains per tel domain is now 2999 (total 3000 including root page). It applies to both CTH and API. Earlier the total was 1000. But after many requests by tel Owners, Telnic increased it to 3000 long time ago (late 2009 I think, cannot remember the exact date).

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 21527)
    As for the disadvantage of not being able to navigate thru breadcrumbs, couldn't you just place a link in sparky.mytown.tel to point back to plumbing.repairs.mytown.tel?

[size]
    Well the idea is to provide a unique identity for the owner/user of the page of sparky.mytown.tel. So, he/she would not want to navigate away from this page to another page of a competitor. The visitor can always go back to the root page, which is clearly visible at breadcrumb area on top.

In terms of SEO, just Google search "spary mytown" and see the results for yourself.

If you really want a link to plumbing.repairs.mytown.tel, then you can always "provide a link" back to that page.

Cheers![/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 7:58 am