The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Backordering dropped .tels in June12

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Backordering dropped .tels in June12 Empty Backordering dropped .tels in June12

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 3:15 pm

boracay.tel04-01-2012 12:01 AM

Backordering dropped .tels in June12

Out of curiosity, assuming the new templates arrive ( April 1st, no templates) soon... Who is prepared to pay $49.95 just for the chance??? (is that right?) at name.com to pickup highly sort-after keywords?

I'm looking for a better deal.
    Pay only after its grabbed. Ha!
    Whats your gameplan?

Simon G04-01-2012 02:17 AM

It would have to fe fairly special but I'd be happy for that price. If its anything that's caught there's a few that I'd pay extra for

daytonac04-01-2012 06:06 AM

wont be back ordering any, even if gold.tel or shipping.tel came up, not for $49.95, maybe $4.95, 
    hell i can't even get reg fee back for my nn.tels, best of luck.

cheers andre

Geo04-01-2012 07:01 AM

As said elsewhere, now is not the time for selling .Tels, but rather for monetizing at least enough to get back reg fees. I can't speak to the cost benefit ratio of this yet, since I'm just getting started developing and monetizing my .Tels, but it seems to me that for those that are willing to put the work into developing their .Tels there is a pay back... in terms of the ad revenue possible. 

It might be difficult to snag a dropping .Tel like dog.tel, but there are very good SEO names out there at reg fee like DogObedianceTraining.tel... 5 names like that may be worth more than dog.tel at this point. Just some thoughts... like I said, I'm just getting started down this path - let's see what I have to say on this next year at this time.

TELcp04-01-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 21524)
    let's see what I have to say on this next year at this time.

[size]
    My guess is that next year you would say "Good that I did it just as I thought last year on this date"[/size]

tel4rent04-01-2012 08:23 AM

If you need the domain and part of your portofolio plan and vision...back order it...

name.com: you pay upfront, if you loose they credit your account for the amount...No good at all and their back order service is weak/unreliable...i lost twice to domainmonster.

domainmonster: they back order for you, you pay if they grab it. No advance payment. Excellent service based on my results.

Read several articles on the net...if you are really desperate for a domain you need to use multiple services (different providers) But there is no guarantee.

So i say back order it if you need it. I'd rather pay 49$ than 200$ or more....

boracay.tel04-01-2012 08:37 AM

@tel4rent

Sounds like domain monster is the better way to go. 
    So, it can only be back ordered once right? If you were first to back-order it then it would no longer be available to multiple parties? Or is it that the registrar then wins it, and puts it up to auction? In any case, if the monies are returned, then I guess it's no point waiting around till June... 

...but without seeing the templates??? 
    No chance of putting my money down

tel4rent04-01-2012 08:49 AM

If someone has back ordered the domain, then you cannot (it is the case with domainmonster)...But that's not the case with all back order services...You may need to research on the net about it. 

Yes it is true that some back order service do put the domain on auction either if their is multiple parties or not...you may never know so you need to be cautious. But again not all of them do that.

boracay: honestly, template or not...my own experience shows that it is worth it to invest in .tel. It all come down to your budget, strategy, execution and time you are willing to invest. But complementing them with a couple of .com .co is certainly a plus. 

Keeping faith

Current date/time is 2024-05-06, 3:52 pm