The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+4
Alex
kprobe
TelKing
JH
8 posters

When template number 8 will be finally finished?

JH
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

When template number 8 will be finally finished? Empty When template number 8 will be finally finished?

Post by JH 2012-07-09, 2:10 am

TelTalk wrote:After the contest I thought template 8 would be better, but after seeing it live I've changed my opinion:

• Template 8 can't fold the sections as intended.
    • Template 8 can't compress related content as intended.
    • Template 8 doesn't use new icons as intended.
    • Template 8 doesn't separate folders and contacts as intended.
    • Template 8 doesn't allow flexible sorting of text as intended.

So unfortunately it doesn't look as great as planned:

When template number 8 will be finally finished? 6902998-original
    The draft of template no. 8 looked so great and the expectations about the realization were high.
    All the more disappointing is the preliminary result. Beside the above mentioned deficits only little number of improvements has happened (like the big picture and the font for the headline).
    I was waiting for this template no. 8 for years to start developing my .tel domains. Instead I'll avoid using template no. 8 definitely until it is developed with all expected features.

Last edited by JH on 2012-07-11, 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TelKing
    TelKing
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

When template number 8 will be finally finished? Empty Re: When template number 8 will be finally finished?

Post by TelKing 2012-07-09, 2:44 am

JH wrote:The draft of template no. 8 looked so great and the expectations about the realization were high.
    All the more disappointing is the preliminary result. Beside the above mentioned deficits only little number of improvements has happened (like the big picture and the font for the headline).
    I was waiting for this template no. 8 for years to start developing my .tel domains. Instead I'll avoid using template no. 8 definitely until it is developed with all expected features.
    In the morning on the release day last week I could take an early look at this template and I have seen the "hide" buttons on the headlines for every section of contact types like they have been planned. Unfortunately they disappeared in the afternoon and haven't come back until today.
    kprobe
    kprobe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

When template number 8 will be finally finished? Empty Re: When template number 8 will be finally finished?

Post by kprobe 2012-07-09, 7:38 am

I have asked Telnic about the missing linking from the image on template 8 and are considering adding that missing functionality.
    Mark
    Alex
    Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Post by Alex 2012-07-09, 8:30 am

kprobe wrote:I have asked Telnic about the missing linking from the image on template 8 and are considering adding that missing functionality.
    Mark
    Thank you, Mark!

That's very helpful!

TelTalk wrote:After the contest I thought template 8 would be better, but after seeing it live I've changed my opinion:

• Template 8 can't fold the sections as intended.
    • Template 8 can't compress related content as intended.
    • Template 8 doesn't use new icons as intended.
    • Template 8 doesn't separate folders and contacts as intended.
    • Template 8 doesn't allow flexible sorting of text as intended.

When going into details there are even more unrealized features, e. g. the coloring of ads.

The most important missing feature is the flexible insertion of text (as seen in the draft between the sections "Contact Information" and "Social & Messaging").
    This would provide an advanced use of .tel domains in the future, e. g. for blog entries or product descriptions (what is very relevant).
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-07-09, 11:25 am

Here'e the link to the original design winning template that the above post is talking about - http://99designs.co.uk/designs/6902998-original - click template to view full size.

http://MikeSeaton.tel
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-07-14, 5:45 pm

JH wrote:The draft of template no. 8 looked so great and the expectations about the realization were high.
    I agree with Jens - the design winning template listed at http://99designs.co.uk/designs/6902998-original (click to view full size) is so much better than the Template 8 that was actually released !

Telminator
    Telminator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : Banned

Post by Telminator 2012-07-15, 2:44 am

The question is what Telnic is trying to accomplish here: reacting to customer needs or only delivering the cheapest possible solution?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-07-15, 8:04 am

Telminator wrote:The question is what Telnic is trying to accomplish here: reacting to customer needs or only delivering the cheapest possible solution?
    My guess is that Telnic will do a bit of tidying up of Template 8 and then that will be it.

It's pretty clear from the zero marketing taking place of the Telnic multi-page templates that the future promotion and visibility of .Tel lies with http://www.Telnames.com and the single-page http://YourBusiness.tel template style.

I wonder how long it will be until Name.com, DomainMonster, Dynadot etc are forced by customer pressure to offer the Telnames template to avoid losing customers ?

mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-07-19, 2:54 pm

mikeseaton wrote:I wonder how long it will be until Name.com, DomainMonster, Dynadot etc are forced by customer pressure to offer the Telnames template to avoid losing customers ?
    Hopefully this will happen very soon.

Here's a post made today on Telnic's forum which shows a newcomer to .tel who has registered a domain and got a Telnic template, but expected to be able to use the Telnames one which had obviously been seen in promo material.

hello, someone knows how to change the template to make like this (http://ben.tel/) ? I am not able to delete .tel logo for example. thank you
    Source: http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2964

Tel
    Tel
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Tel 2012-07-20, 4:38 am

mikeseaton wrote:It's pretty clear from the zero marketing taking place of the Telnic multi-page templates that the future promotion and visibility of .Tel lies with http://www.Telnames.com and the single-page http://YourBusiness.tel template style.

I wonder how long it will be until Name.com, DomainMonster, Dynadot etc are forced by customer pressure to offer the Telnames template to avoid losing customers ?
    I don't think Name.com, DM and Dynadot care since they don't sell many tels anyway.
    Also Telnic only reduced their effort in general. That doesn't mean the focus is on Telnames now. It's just an additional way to sell tels.
    I guess the old templates will be still supported as before.
    Abh
    Abh

Post by Abh 2012-07-20, 6:57 am

Telminator wrote:The question is what Telnic is trying to accomplish here: reacting to customer needs or only delivering the cheapest possible solution?

if you live in london visit and ask
    Alex
    Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Post by Alex 2012-07-20, 7:06 am

Abh wrote:if you live in london visit and ask
    Simple, but very logical suggestion!

Can anybody in or nearby London make an appointment with Telnic?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2012-07-20, 6:20 pm

Tel wrote:
    mikeseaton wrote:I wonder how long it will be until Name.com, DomainMonster, Dynadot etc are forced by customer pressure to offer the Telnames template to avoid losing customers ?
    I don't think Name.com, DM and Dynadot care since they don't sell many tels anyway.
    Really ?

I thought Name.com was the world's largest .Tel Registrar (excluding the TelChina setup).

Mark could probably confirm this definitively through one of his zone checker programs ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-27, 5:05 am