The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

google killing geo's

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

google killing geo's Empty google killing geo's

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 5:36 pm

dnsRegistrar.tel08-08-2009 07:24 AM

google killing geo's

major blow to directory listings. if you have a city based geo.tel, google just wiped you out. geo.tel's in structure have thousands of pages that are basically the same. nobody wants or expects google to index EVERY page in a .tel, but category or suburbs would be nice. there's the problem... who decides what at google?

a blanket wipeout seems to be the decision. if a page is too similiar . gone. pffff
    4 months directory keyword and category submission work. pffff. gone.

if your subdomains are gone from the search, try entering as a slight spelling mistake. they are still known about, you can even click google's link showing you so, then pfff, gone.

holy ice cream batman

tony mayo08-08-2009 12:34 PM

I have noticed something similar myself and it is hugely disappointing. 
    Unfortunately, there is going to be a lot of trial and error in the early stages of devleopment. 
    And how the Telpages and Jepaa search engines evolve will have a big bearing on the future of .tel.

Bill08-09-2009 08:15 AM

---------------------------

Triton NW08-09-2009 11:27 PM

Same here.

2 big directories went from slowly moving up into the 200 range to completely gone

RonMunson08-10-2009 03:16 AM

How are the first pages on these dot tels doing?

dnsRegistrar.tel08-10-2009 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 907)
    How are the first pages on these dot tels doing?

[size]
    not sure what you are asking, but I will give a clear example of what has happened with boracay.tel a tourist/city based geo.tel

first page is default navigation. Second level deep allows for further category selection. 3rd level deep allows for specific click-type choice of data.

Bottom line is this:

if you were looking for a "plumber" at "boracay" then google has found plumber.boracay.tel as number 1 for approximately 4 months. Up until last week that is. Now, it has gone. So has just about every other category.boracay.tel 

Most but not all of these category pages contained significant enough data to be different, in at least that information was slightly different to distinguish a plumber from a doctor. Phone numbers etc being different. Layout effectively the same.

Some, but not all of these categories.boracay.tel are linked thru to via the navigation tree. In fact hundreds of keywords.boracay.tel are not directly linked to. They are hidden and were all indexed by google. A success rate of 95% or more were indexd

a business model had been built around these" category and keywords achieving a search result in google.

Try this in google....

"boracay plumberr" note the spelling mistake. It will ask you "are you looking for boracay plumber" and click the link....
    Nothing. Gone. That is, plumber.boracay.tel is definately indexed, but it is now being withheld from showing in the search result list.

To clarify and compare....

Type "boracay emergencyy" note the spelling error. Again google asks you were you looking for "boracay emergency" and click the link. Note the results shown....emergency.boracay.tel is second. Fair enough. 

Up until last week all categories.boracay.tel were directly searchable and all returned a result thereabouts in the first few pages of results for appropriate words. 

It's not hard.
    These were all indexed and giving results perfectly. Nothing was changed. Now they are mostly all gone.

This is a serious blow. 
    What next? All proxy generated pages too similar? The entire .tel about to be wiped out in 1 blanket swoop? What happened last week? Telnic?[/size]

RonMunson08-10-2009 07:43 AM

When I search Google I still see you in the top of the listings regardless of whether I use Google.ca or Google.com. I'm on the west coast are you on the east coast?

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&lr...lumber&spell=1

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

It may be that the versions of my Google still have to be updated. However in my opinion it looks like Google may be making a move to give the subdirectories less weight. This doesn't totally surprise me expecially when searching using a browser.

I'd like to see if you can get yourself on top of the engines using the word "boracay" if you put links pointing to your main page. Try buying BoracayPlumber.tel and you will probably have more luck getting on top of the search engine.

This was discussed in the following thread below:
    http://www.telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=96

Google may very well be killing all of the subpages on Geo domain names for the time being. However I think that these subpages will make a comeback down the road on mobile searches but under direct .TEL domain names such as BoracayPlumber.tel.

If we worked for Google and we had to make a decision would we allow the owner of a Geo .tel such as NewYork.tel to have the top positions on all search engines for every service in New York? A New York yellow pages? Or would we try to promote more direct individual service domain names such as NewYorkFlowers.tel get the top position instead?

I would give it to the direct domain because it is more likely to be a company and not a directory link. Being the route domain it also requires less clicks to reach the destination.

That being said, down the road I think the geo subdomains will be placed under these direct domains in the search results for cell phones and maybe our main computer browsers. This is the order I see it popping up -> http://www.telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=96 :cool:

henri08-10-2009 10:53 AM

Google will fluctuate on its algo implementations for .tel for the foreseeable future.
    Until it has properly differentiated .tel domains from others, make sure you put enough unique content in each subdomain to give some love and affection to the bot as it navigates.

Shahid08-10-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hasseily (Post 911)
    Google will fluctuate on its algo implementations for .tel for the foreseeable future.
    Until it has properly differentiated .tel domains from others, make sure you put enough unique content in each subdomain to give some love and affection to the bot as it navigates.

[size]
    thats a good way of saying it love and affection. i personally believe that too and have read it in some places too that the more the unique the content the more better results on google, more over do not duplicate content in pages write it once more then enough then copy paste same thing in all sub-domains. i need to work on mine too[/size]

RonMunson08-10-2009 03:56 PM

Yes, that is very true. Never duplicate content make sure the pages you put up are keyword rich.

I'll be hitting the panic button if I see unque route domain names on the route pages drop drastically. Overall due to the technology involved however I don't see this as happening long term.

The better the .tel specific search engines become the more likely Google will be forced to change its algorithm to accommodate .tel. With the smart phone market expanding it would be hard for Google without .tel results to compete against a search engine that delivers quality search results using exclusively .tel domain names if the .tel directory expands to what I think it will.

henri08-11-2009 07:18 PM

Take a look at Google's new algorithm codenamed "caffeine" at http://www2.sandbox.google.com/

Honestly I don't see anything different.
    Incidentally, Google now has figured out that any search with the word "tel" in it probably means ".tel"

RonMunson08-12-2009 02:03 AM

It disappeared. I heard change was coming.

Nice to see they recognize the importance of showing Dot tel domains when .tel is used in a search.

Triton NW10-02-2009 12:34 AM

Something Changed

Has anybody else seen significant search engine imporvements in the last few weeks? On one site I was off to a decent start in the spring and got hammered mid summer. In the last few weeks the same search on Google went from 362 to 111.

Cant be a bad sign.....right?

mikeseaton10-02-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 916)
    The better the .tel specific search engines become the more likely Google will be forced to change its algorithm to accommodate .tel.

[size]
    I have created a .tel specific search engine which uses the Google algorithm to determine the order of display of the .tel pages
    - you can give it a go at http://www.net-link.com/tel

Mike Seaton[/size]

marimax10-04-2009 08:04 AM

Very nice and all my developed .tels are on the first page

RonMunson10-28-2009 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 1733)
    I have created a .tel specific search engine which uses the Google algorithm to determine the order of display of the .tel pages
    - you can give it a go at http://www.net-link.com/tel

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Not a bad engine.[/size]

Bill10-28-2009 10:55 AM

---------------------------

quigirshir11-04-2009 08:42 AM

Google will fluctuate on its algo implementations for .tel for the foreseeable future..verall due to the technology involved however I don't see this as happening long term
    Simulation credit auto & taux credit auto
    | Taux simulation pret auto | 
    Pret voiture taux simulation credit voiture

mikeseaton11-04-2009 03:33 PM

Google now indexing to 5 levels of DotTel subdomain

I was quite surprised to come across this DotTel entry in Google which shows that it is now indexing to 5 levels of subdomain:

Google search
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...l+court+geauga

DotTel found
    http://chardon-municipal-court.ohio-...nallawyer.tel/

This deep level of DotTel searching by Googlebot is encouraging.

Mike Seaton

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 3:14 pm