The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Work on a country-wide superdirectory

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Work on a country-wide superdirectory Empty Work on a country-wide superdirectory

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 5:45 pm

henri01-14-2010 08:50 AM

Work on a country-wide superdirectory

Hi everyone,
    there's a small group of guys here in Lebanon who have embarked upon the task of making a complete YP directory for the whole country. They're acquiring data from all sorts of places (including ministry of economy, city halls, etc...) to try to ensure completeness. The country is small (4MM people) so it's actually feasible:

http://talfen.tel ("talfen" means the verb "call" in the local arabic dialect)

mactel01-14-2010 11:16 AM

Hi there, welcome back.

I had posted a article about this directory, already on 11. September, last year. Obviously, it changed its name:

http://hullahopp.blogspot.com/search...&max-results=4

At that time, they where sub renting, or sub letting .tel subdomains. 
    It looks like they have managed to get a lot of businesses to join their directory...
    So, what is the history of this directoy?:

1.) First they created pointlebanon.tel and pointlebanon.com (the website, for looking for "tenants").

2.) Later they made a .tel domain with name "talfen.tel", and copied all folders from pointlebanon.tel to that domain. The domain pointlebanon.tel (as well as pointlebanon.com) still exists, but now its content is integrated in a folder named "talfen.tel", respectively, all those folders where moved to the "talfen.tel" folder. 

Interestinly, the foders are not linked (not on a string) to the main domain (name of the directory): Each folder is a independant .tel domain name. And that made it easy, to keep the folders as they where, and just change the main domain name from pointlebanon.tel to talfen.tel.
    Anyway: pointlebanon.tel is quasi renamed into talfen.tel.
    It only took about four months to find "tenants" for the new directory for Lebanon... Quite impressive...
    However, pointlebanon.com redirects to talfen.net (original website to new website).
    It looks like, they just changed the name of the directory, and created a new look and name for the related website, the former pointlebanon.com (which is now, talfen.net). 

Shahid01-14-2010 01:26 PM

Hello Henri, 

It's nice to see Lebanon trying to push .tel since Lebanon is mostly the back end of the IT hubs of Arab world this will give .tel a give push in Arab as well as Western world.

I have MyDubai.tel which i feel is more brandable then just Dubai.tel and i do plan to work on it more it's just lack of time so concentrating on Generic directories at present.

incase if you see many Telecom Personal have got their dottel dont know about many but one example is www.Khalid.tel which i wanted to buy but when i saw it i dont think he will ever want to sell it.

good luck again to everyone and Talfen.tel

dottel.net01-15-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hasseily (Post 4537)
    Hi everyone,
    there's a small group of guys here in Lebanon who have embarked upon the task of making a complete YP directory for the whole country. They're acquiring data from all sorts of places (including ministry of economy, city halls, etc...) to try to ensure completeness. The country is small (4MM people) so it's actually feasible:

http://talfen.tel ("talfen" means the verb "call" in the local arabic dialect)

[size]
    very interesting. any local media coverage? am very interested to see the media impact such directories make within the respective regions.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 3:04 pm