The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Salutation, Titles, etiquette and the world wide web.

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig
    Warning level : 100 %

Salutation, Titles, etiquette and the world wide web. Empty Salutation, Titles, etiquette and the world wide web.

Post by fustachio.tel 2012-07-17, 3:01 pm

This is a simple request and in the case of telnames makes some sense as we don't have the ability to create sub domains, If you hadn't noticed regardless of if you use a first.last.tel structure or last.tel structure you can always add WWW onto the beginning of the .tel link structure as with any other tld.
    Aka www.first.last.tel or www.last.tel while this is great I think we should request it be expanded, so basically when you add your name into the More Information section that the original proxy has and you set your Salutation: as Mr, Mrs, Miss, Dr, Prof etc it adds a salutation record like with a standard www record.
    So that you can link to your .tel as dr.first.last.tel or dr.last.tel without fake masking the link or in the case of the regular proxy making a 3 level deep record for your profile and having to switch deeper in the CP to edit it and reduces the need for people to fiddle around making a specific sub domain on the regular proxy at all, or going without on telnames, or buying a .tel with drfirstlast.tel.
    I think it would be a nice small addition and help seo in some cases if someone is Googleing for dr first last etc
    I myself go by http://mr.fustachio.com and I used to have the sub domain as http://mr.fustachio.tel but due to trying out telnames and not transferring yet it's just forwarded atm, but I would like if telnic in general and telnames did this small add on for salutation records based on what you put in the salutation box.
    So as you see mine is only 2 levels kinda but the point being I should not need to add a subdomain I should be able to use one page to edit my data, and if I want to link to my .tel as mr.fustachio.tel I should be able too as it should have created the record that displays the data from the top level.

Current date/time is 2024-04-27, 3:15 am